The Rumour Thread

The run time of certain phases doesn't seem to be fixed on three years. The duration of phase 1 probably results more in what was done under Kirby, in a more or less underplaned development. The change during the last year and especially the start of this year highlights a clearer direction and plan for AoS - as for example a more solidified explanation of the realms and their geography. Instead of the "grab cash, publish as fast as possible, leave the quality of the fluff and rules aside, thos idiotes will buy what we tell them to" attitiued, we now have a "sell story, expand rules, watch quality, make interesting "risky" models - oh and make us more money through quality". 

3 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

New warhammer community article is a bit of a bummer, only new rule shown is Lotann giving +1 bravery if wholly within 12".

most details were actually discussed in the twitch stream, is a bummer we dont get to see some stats for the soul render though!

• Like 1

I'd rather them have at least some downsides or not be good at everything, or basically be overpowered. Otherwise you'll get people playing them who don't even care about the army, just the power gaming aspect. 

Edited by Gorthaur
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gorthaur said:

I'd rather them have at least some downsides or not be good at everything, or basically be overpowered. Otherwise you'll get people playing them who don't even care about the army, just the power gaming aspect. 

They definitely look weak to mortal wounds.  They arent all that tough other than a couple specific units so far as we have seen.  They seem to pack a decent punch but its also hard to tell until points are out.  

Everyone seems to worry about every faction before they actually see all the rules/points etc and once that all comes out they tend to find those worries are unjustified.  It was the same with LoN, DoK and Nurgle recently.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Travis Baumann said:

I wonder if the sawfish actually has stats in game or just a decorative piece.

I'm pretty sure all the little sea creatures on the various IDK models are just decorative. GW have finally got the memo that people like little critters to put on bases (see also: all the nurglings in the recent Nurgle releases), which is awesome.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Travis Baumann said:

That looks super cool but odd that the sawfish is attached to the helmet's ponytail.  I wonder if the sawfish actually has stats in game or just a decorative piece.

I wonder what the dangly lantern in front of his face is supposed to do.

According to White Dwarf it is for catching Souls.

Also, on a purely visual level, it is reminescent of an Anglerfish, reinforcing the Idoneth's deep sea theme.

Sadly I have yet to spot an actual Anglerfish among the Idoneths pet collection but we have yet to get closeups of most, so I am still hopeful.

• Like 1

There's an anglerfish on the first sprue for the Eidolon on the GW webstore. Upper left.

The sawfish might not have rules, but his little amulet or whatever tied to his tail might mark him as a special companion with rules like the stabby octopus. Or not. At least to me it looks like the dangling gold bit is connected to a metal ring on the tail of the fish.  It's the only fish with some sort of jewlery or gear from what I've seen. My phone screen is to be blamed for that if I'm wrong :ph34r:

• Like 1

Take this with a heap of salt that'd make the Dead Sea jealous, but I heard from a friend who had a source that Russ (the primarch) was getting a release this summer. Not too interesting for AoS, but they also said that Slaanesh (including Fulgrim, iirc) was getting a release in October. 

Just to say that if Russ gets a release soon then we can put more credence to this rumour and expect a Slaanesh release too. 

A little reminder that Nagash is still up to no good.

Could mean one of two things:

1) The vast spell is Nagashes great work, meaning we are at the doorstep of getting a revelation what he actually does/did

2)The spell is just another step in the great work and this entire business gets drawn out a bit more before we actually learn what is actually going on

I find 2 to be more likely, as I can not see everything resolvingneatly according to Nagashes designs.But even one is to find option 1 more likely, number 2 is hard to disprove, meaning: still possible

So, while we certainly can not say that nothing has happened, at this point we still have no further knowledge what is actually being planned by Nagash than we did at the start of MP. We only know that it is very magical, vast in scope, a long time in the making and throws some nasty spooky hickups across the Realms.

I would have though it would somehow tie up with an upcomming Death release, but nothing we have gotten rumored or teased implies a force different enough to varant the fuss.

I have greatly enjoyed nearly every aspect of MP on its own merit, but I am still caught up in the feeling that the actual center stage is empty and we only see the side stories.

Well, something is new: The Forces of Death are now fully on the offense, where before they mostly seemed to be doing pin point attacks.

This is where a countdown timer wouldve been more appropriate ? Now out of the blue its revealed Nagash's big plan appears to be... to raise the dead. Cmon GDubs you can market things better than that! (Last time Nagash returned it was accompanied by the start of the End Times and the promise that they meant it this time - now that was good hype!)

• Haha 1