The Rumour Thread

14 hours ago, Skinnyboy said:

Yeah, I would imagine that the sharks, eels, elodion have a single warscroll but options for equipment. Melee thralls and bow thralls I could see being seperate warscrolls. So from the list previously posted we'd be at 12 with 2 unknowns

We already know that the eidelon is two seperate scrolls and i have a feeling the eels will be as well as from the fluff we got off them from the white dwarf they seem to have substantially different abilities.

• Like 1

Mistweaver Saih is an ID, look at the mask he wears is the same as the turtle drummer. Tenebral shard I think will be on Malerion Elves but I thought they will have more mutated spike elves like the drawing we have of malerion.

So the thing about the 14 warscrolls White Dwarf said here is my count: Eidolon x2, Deepmare rider x2, Turtle, 4 heroes, shark, eels, blind mele guys and blind ranged/dager guys. This has 13 + Mistweaver we have the 14. This shoul make all warscrolls with multiple combinations for the weapons in each unit because we have seen two versions of the sharks, eels, blind more mobile guys ands is said turtle will have multiple options too. So if this is all truem there's no more model surprises. If Mistweaver is not included... we've got one surprise. If eel riders, sharks and blind guys has a different warscroll there are more than 14, white dwarf is fooling us and I'm loosing my time xD Said that, I would love Teclis to be with ID.

We will see in few days, as next week maybe someone is previewing battletome we'll get a new teaser this weekend..,. Can't wait!

Edited by Hoseman

On 4/3/2018 at 10:21 AM, LLV said:

Maybe something flying- flying stormcast mounts

I know we are all excited for the Deepkin (my wallet is ready), but can I hear some more about this?! Since I know you know what it is @LLV!

Also, how did Teclis get into the discussion so much? There is no way he’s part of this release. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

I know we are all excited for the Deepkin (my wallet is ready), but can I hear some more about this?! Since I know you know what it is @LLV!

Also, how did Teclis get into the discussion so much? There is no way he’s part of this release. 

Hehe yes please @LLV !

Also, Teclis is mentioned here because he created the Idoneth Deepkin in Hyish (and speaks in the trailer released at Adepticon) - but he indeed won't be part of this release miniature wise

5 hours ago, Hoseman said:

Mistweaver Saih is an ID, look at the mask he wears is the same as the turtle drummer. Tenebral shard I think will be on Malerion Elves but I thought they will have more mutated spike elves like the drawing we have of malerion.

She would be the only ID with hair and actual mutation other than missing eyes. Also she wears a completely different style of dress from all ID mages and her Crecent Moon symbol makes no sense among ID.

The faceplate is only the same in being blank, which is already a minor recurring theme in GWs Eldar ranges, thus a part of GWs design library of "elfy" features likely found in mutiple AoS aelf lines eventually.

Add her featuring in no ID material so far to that and the likelyhood of the Mistweaver turning out an Idoneth after all is beyond slimm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Hehe yes please @LLV !

Also, Teclis is mentioned here because he created the Idoneth Deepkin in Hyish (and speaks in the trailer released at Adepticon) - but he indeed won't be part of this release miniature wise

Oh ok then. I was tracking his connection (impossible to please father), but didn’t know where all the other chatter came from. 

On 4/4/2018 at 6:23 AM, Hoseman said:

Dont having Teclis will not make me to not buy this models, I like them a lot and it's the first army I will buy without star collecting packs and I'm sure I will buy all the units in both options. Said that, I just love Alarielle, and I had Wood Elves on Fantasy 15 years ago but a friend started Sylvaneth buying Drycha and Alarielle first (no battlelines, no nothing...) so I dont want more sylvaneth and was hoping to have a great model with the idoneth as Teclis is his mentor.... seems I'll have to wait one year to the angelical Aelfs to have that huge model.

Someone said Teclis and Tyrion will go as a same miniature, I hope they dont but if its done I hope they could go on idoneth and Angelical ones. So the idoneth is the only aelf faction without father now

Wanderers and swifthawk agents don’t really have a father.  

28 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Wanderers and swifthawk agents don’t really have a father.  

Yeah but the later do have a lot of feathers!... Sorry xD

On a more serious note, now that the IDK are about to be released and appart from the supposed starter set / aos 2.0 it's the first time in a while that we don't have solid rumors on what next (though I believe Hastings hinted at Skaven some years ago).

Edited by Ghark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rogue Explorator said:

She would be the only ID with hair and actual mutation other than missing eyes. Also she wears a completely different style of dress from all ID mages and her Crecent Moon symbol makes no sense among ID.

The faceplate is only the same in being blank, which is already a minor recurring theme in GWs Eldar ranges, thus a part of GWs design library of "elfy" features likely found in mutiple AoS aelf lines eventually.

Add her featuring in no ID material so far to that and the likelyhood of the Mistweaver turning out an Idoneth after all is beyond slimm.

I think the spikes in her arms look more like body modifications than mutations, because in all the official depictions of her, they're metal, not bone or horn. Either way, growth or implant, all of the other characters also have features unique to them, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

She has more hair than the unhelmeted Deepkin we've seen so far, but I think it is worth noting that we have no confirmation that they are all bald, so the ones with helmets could have hair, for all we know. It's also interesting to note that the bottom half of Mistweaver's head, under the strap for her mask, is either totally bald or shaved, so while she does have long hair, it's not exactly normal, and with they way it looks, it might actually be part of her mask and not growing out of her head.  I also can't help but note  the similarity of her hair with and the flowy tassels on all the Deepkin armor, in both color and shape. In fact, looking at the Soulrender, we can see that she has long red hair coming off of the back of her head, but we can't tell if it coming out from under her helmet, or if it is clearly attached to it.

Given the variety we've seen with the Idoneth units' clothing, I wouldn't say that her style of dress is completely different, not any more so than the other 4 Isharann are from each other. I'd say it's very similar overall, flowy and blue, with little (fish?) hooks dangling on it, and her halter top is pretty similar to the female Namarti.

And the Crescent Moon makes PERFECT sense  with the Deepkin.
First, they were created by Teclis, who also taught them magic and gave them artifacts; the  Crescent Moon is his symbol and is on his own helmet and staff.
Secondly, they are all about the tides, which are created by the moon. So it makes sense where she'd have gotten it and why she'd have kept it after they fled away from Teclis and went into isolation.

What's also interesting to me is that, personally, I think Mistweaver's name, description, and abilities match that of a Tidecaster far more suitably than the actual Tidecaster model we've been shown. When I first saw the Tidecaster mini, I expected her to be a healer of some kind (like the Tru'heas), since she is easily the most "noble" high-elven looking one of them. It's weird, the White Dwarf article says that, "Tidecasters excel at magic and illusion... [they] also conjure the ethersea... a phenomenon that often leaves their foes disoriented and gasping for breath as the phantasmal sea washes over them, drowning them in fear." Mistweaver is described as "...disturbingly serene in the centre of her storms of illusory horror..." . She sounds and looks like a dead ringer to me. In fact, whether or not Mistweaver actually turns out to be Deepkin, I plan to customize her model to use as a Tidecaster. LOL

It is puzzling why she would not be in some of the art yet but there are also a number of reasonable explanations that don't rule out her still being ID. We know we haven't seen all the art, since the Battletome is sure to have more than the stuff they've shown us so far. We know we have yet to see the entire Deepkin range (whether it's more models, just dual-build kit variants, or just more weapon options, we don't know). We also know that some of the Idoneth are very isolated even from each other, so she may be a lone shark *winkwinknudgenudge*, which could also explain why they chose to reveal her first, apart from the rest of her faction.

At this point, GW might also be trolling us, reveling in the debate it's caused both here and on Reddit. It certainly plays into the whole "mysterious" nature of the Deepkin, and it is definitely been fun speculating! xD 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Well, I was talking about the "new" AoS aelfs, wanderers and all others are old models

Well, your just talking about DoK then?  I'm not sure we can make a blanket assumption that everyone elf is going to come with a god based on just one release, and technically their god is Khaine and Morathi is sort of secretly usurping him.  (sylvaneth aren't elves other that tree revnents have maybe the barest hint of elf memories, and as I understand from the lore Alarielle doesn't particularly care for elves anymore)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naflem said:

Well, your just talking about DoK then?  I'm not sure we can make a blanket assumption that everyone elf is going to come with a god based on just one release, and technically their god is Khaine and Morathi is sort of secretly usurping him.  (sylvaneth aren't elves other that tree revnents have maybe the barest hint of elf memories, and as I understand from the lore Alarielle doesn't particularly care for elves anymore)

While Sylvaneth aren’t specifically elves I wouldn’t say it’s unfair in linking them. Half their range were formerly part of an elf faction, their god has deep elvish ties and they can ally with elf factions. 

2 hours ago, Ghark said:

Yeah but the later do have a lot of feathers!... Sorry xD

On a more serious note, now that the IDK are about to be released and appart from the supposed starter set / aos 2.0 it's the first time in a while that we don't have solid rumors on what next (though I believe Hastings hinted at Skaven some years ago).

That would be nice?? (giving skaven some love, which they really needed.)

(((hopfully they’ll do the same  to other faction like for example ((((moon clan, Wanderers, etc.)))) ??)))

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I thought this was supposed to be the Year of Death?  I would seriously hope that meant a bit more than just a catch-all battletome like Legions of Nagash...

When did they say it was the Year of Death?

LON, a new Nighthaunt release, a global campaign, the narrative being focused on the Soul Wars, multiple novels, a (supposed) magic supplement... what more do you want?

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

LON, a new Nighthaunt release, a global campaign, the narrative being focused on the Soul Wars, multiple novels, a (supposed) magic supplement... what more do you want?

Pretty sure i have seen this year referred to as the Year of Death in a number of different sites - but I could be wrong.

I was replying to the "no idea what is coming next" series of comments previously.  I would hope that if this year has an emphasis on Death that we would see more for them.  Yes, Nighthaunt sounds great.  My comment was mainly that if there is an emphasis on that Grand Alliance that I would hope they would get more releases than they have so far.  For the Magic supplement - I really hope that is a game-wide supplement rather than just oriented around a specific grand alliance.  Not doing so seems like it would be a big wasted opportunity.

As for  "wanting" you can always want more.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

While Sylvaneth aren’t specifically elves I wouldn’t say it’s unfair in linking them. Half their range were formerly part of an elf faction, their god has deep elvish ties and they can ally with elf factions. 

I would say "faction", as it's only the Wanderers... and I think that was more to throw people with old models a bone. Stormcast are just there because you can't say no to the poster boys. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I’m pretty certain we are getting the starter set in June followed by stormcast and night haunt. After that I think it’s highly likely we’ll see moonclan and slaanesh and  posible we may even see a revisit to previously released factions in 2019

Yeah my ko gut is rumbling they promised us more models due to the crazy good sales. When GW does that you know your golden and special. I hoe the id do as well. 

14 hours ago, MacDuff said:

This all is precisely why GW leads the industry. They are constantly surprising us with fluff, minis, and gaming concepts I don't think anybody in this community anticipated. We had Cthulhu, fishman, and more pedestrian guesses, but nothing like this. As those in marketing know, 'new' catches attention, and 'new' sells. Consider me hooked.

Pretty sure GW could release nothing but Space Marines (see: the current state of 40k) and they'd 'lead the industry'. 

But what I've noticed is that AoS continually generates far more hype for exactly that reason. After Kharadrons people really started paying attention to it's rumours and announcements. There's something just... unknowable about it, how the new releases could be absolutely anything and pretty damn creatively designed at that. Just watching the speculation and weird ideas people come up with is great, because they really could be onto something. It's a big part of - after swearing it off post-End Times - I've become more drawn to Age of Sigmar. When it comes to 40k, I've done nothing but roll my eyes, ("Let me guess... it's going to be Marines and/or an Imperium release... yep.") but with AoS even as somebody who doesn't play Stormcast there's something to anticipate. 

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

Because in fairness, there hasn't actually been any new models for Death beyond the Harbringers that every Allegiance received. The Nighthaunt will change that of course, but the campaign and magic supplement are a sandbox that everybody gets to play around in rather than a  release specifically for them. Legions of Nagash was nice, but didn't come out with anything. Compare than to Disciples of Khaine (Order) and Deepkin (Order). All in all, from what I can tell people are pretty happy about what they're getting, but I think a lot of people expected the "Year of the Death Allegiance" rather than the "Year of the Realm of Death setting" we got.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Oh snap, Deep Elves confirmed!

• Haha 2

Maybe the ghost army will actually Malignants and tie the stuff with that keyword together? I reckon we're still on GW original plan for AoS, and we know intial design work is done 3 years in advance. Rules work i imagine takes far less time, but i expect even the Idoneth models to have been in the design phase even before AoS was launched...

• Like 1