The Rumour Thread

53 minutes ago, Ghark said:

There seems to be a manflayer warband in warcry according to the different warband logos. So it might be that as well ;)

Sure, if you want to be all sensible about it, but I thought we were going for rampant speculation here.

Besides what if that warband is actually LED BY THE LICHEMASTER? 😮

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Malin said:

Wonder if we will see Dechala back. She got a short story in Mortal Realms, would be so lovely to see new version of first Snake Lady of Chaos, after all Morathi is just a poor design by Slaanesh 😛

Azazel too, I post this every time Slaanesh comes up, but as a former mortal peer of Sigmar's I can't stress how great a foil he'd make in the new setting!

On 4/17/2019 at 9:22 AM, Toddy said:

There seems to be an awful lot of speculation that GW will merge factions who already have battletomes...

Seems extremely unlikely to me, the only previous 'battletomed' faction to be merged is Pestilens. and I think the only did that is because it would have being too much effort in the short-term to bring it up-to-date as a full faction. While their model lines are a little small, bonesplitterz and ironjawz only need (and will likely receive) a bit of terrain and an endless spell.

I fully believe that once all the current model lines have battletomes or are retired, GW will actually break up some of these soup-tomes (like legions of nagash and skaven) into full sub factions. They're only here to make the model lines playable in the meantime.

They literally just put Skaven back together again to make them playable. It would be counter productive to split a 40 unit range into 4 or 5 new subfactions of 10 or less units each. Its a waste of design time to then create 4 sets of new units it can be spent on genuinely new factions or creating 2 new units and making every skaven player happy. LON is a slightly different story as it seems more unwieldy and has things that could easily be expanded and differentiated properly into well selling factions (soulblight).  

Unless they're just going to really blueball this Slaanesh release, May 11th seems pretty late to be showing new models.Even if Slaanesh comes out in May, models, it seems like model reveals at events don't come out right away.  In the past two years, we've gotten a spring reveal of a brand new army, and while we're a little later this year, I wouldn't say it's implausible for another new army to be headed this way. There's also a possibility that some army gets the Gloomspite/Nighthaunt/Daughters of Khaine treatment and gets a lot of new models to really flesh out the faction along with a new book that really brings them into Age of Sigmar. The factions I see this fitting most are non-Beastclaw Ogres and Soulblight. Bonesplitterz I could kind of see, but also not really since despite the lack of actual kits, they have a number of unit types around the size of most of the newer AoS armies outside of Stormcast. I don't really see Dispossessed or any of the classic Elves getting that treatment since it seems like the way they want to go with Dwarfs and Elves is new factions(though we did get Daughters of Khaine). I think Free Peoples could also have a chance here, but they seem like a more likely candidate for being combined all together and getting a tome+terrain+spells. Of course the miniatures they're showing off could just be an endless spells and terrain snoozefest and that means it could be any army without those thing.

Or it could be Tomb Kings.

50 minutes ago, Laststand said:

They literally just put Skaven back together again to make them playable. It would be counter productive to split a 40 unit range into 4 or 5 new subfactions of 10 or less units each. Its a waste of design time to then create 4 sets of new units it can be spent on genuinely new factions or creating 2 new units and making every skaven player happy.

I agree, that would make no sense at all.

I don't mean just take the existing range and break it back up again. There's a lot of scope for fleshing out each of the clans separately with proper model releases over time (and by time I mean the medium-long term). The book that just came out is, as you say, just to make skaven playable (for now). I'm referring to the post-consolidation period that we are still going through.

It's an easy way of adding more factions (and therefore more profits!), While minimising the amount of new models (and costs) necessary.

Plus, who doesn't want a whole faction based around ninja rat-men ala Clan Eshin 😃

28 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

If a KoS is that large how does it... y'know... with mortals?

Very careful very very carefully.

Or Loony Toons logic... who knows what kind of biology or physics are in the chaos realms.

edit:for more humor/family friendly content just in case H is a bad word.

edit edit: though thinking about it maybe it’s liek the Assari from Mass Effect... hmmm 

Edited by King Taloren

2 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

@WarbossKurgan Indeed there are some mortals in that picture(mostnotabley there's a woman behind the guy kneeling at the dead KOS(possible new model?)).

They seem to share the aesthetic of the revealed Daemon Prince of Slaanesh (the one with the herald on top) -- so it might not be too far fetched to hope that means something for what is to come :) Unless it turns out to be an old artwork. That happens sometimes. 

11 hours ago, Dai-Mongar said:

You know who else wears flayed skin with a face on it?

Heinrich Kemmler.

He died in the End Times, but not before pledging allegiance to Chaos over Nagash, and there's a few Chaos champions from the World That Was who've turned up in the Mortal Realms...

I for one would love a Death faction led by the Lichemaster in defiance of Nagash.

It would be kinda neat to have an undead faction led by a guy who swore allegiance to chaos and another one by a guy who gave the middle finger to chaos and now works for order.

Kemmler of Chaos and Settra of Order both unwittingly working on the same 'side' in opposition to Nagash.

• Like 1

Wow, lots of exciting stuff happening. I must admit that it is a surprise to see Slaanesh so soon after the fyreslayers. 

That said,  if the art is accurate,  I am not sold on the mortals. Hopefully the final models are more like the new daemon Prince and less like the current Hellstriders. 

I really thought that Slaanesh would be the big centrepiece of aos at warhammer fest.  If they are already out, it leaves the door open for another full army.  

The pace of releases really is extraordinary. The hedonites book would make 6 books in 4 months. If they keep that pace up, we will have an 18 book year. 

I think the pace of releases will slow down in the second half of the year  as they do more boxed games like apocalypse and warcry,  but the pace  is still extraordinary. 

It does make me slightly worried about quality.  There are only 3  rules writers for AoS.  They talked about this in another excellent episode of warhammer weekly this week. The faster they pump out the books,  the more likely things like Gristlegore and the rat trap will fall through the cracks.

I would much rather have 10 amazing books this year than 15 mediocre ones, even if my most wanted book gets delayed until next year. 

• Like 1