The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I suspect it's a Chamber of all the Stormcast who have reforged so many times that they are mad. Probably been locked away for generations.

Yup I think those sort of people are the perfect warriors to face off against slaanesh. Oh yeah and our bondage dude is from the warcry trailer he looks to be darkoath actually. 

GKU0UCv.jpg

• Like 4

WOOOOW I am super duper surprised at how lackluster the studio preview was. I really was not expecting that. I mean it's all great stuff, but its mostly teasers and mostly stuff that doesn't really make me super excited.

I'm shocked at GW's treatment of Slaanesh .. just continually ignored. Every chaos god got their due with awesome new tomes and models. Last two January's were dedicated to a chaos god. Slaanesh's turn comes around and .. NOPE. Ok, ok, maybe its a little delayed ... here it comes annnnnnnnnnnd KHORNE gets their third tome!!!! LOL. Anyway, something is coming for Slaanesh .. at some point .. but its hilarious how she always gets the short stick.

The Underworlds warband is cute. I don't really play much but I'm sure someone is excited. The models are good but they do a really poor job of translating their warbands into playable AoS stuff. I appreciate all the gorgeous sculpts that have come from it though.  

Then we get two previews of something or other .. who knows. We get an announcement that there will be an announcement! 

Darkoath is getting delayed ... really thought we were going to hear something about that.

Looks like the new endless spells were a clever way to milk new book releases. Hey I'm not complaining - it was kind of sad whenever 40k got new Codex that was nothing but 0-1 models and a slight rule update, but factions like Skaven and FEC are going to be revolutionized by new books... throwing in new spells and terrain just sweetens the deal.  Also they have been doing a great job with the new endless spell rules lately.

Then we get 40k. I've actually been super into 40k lately so  I was hoping for some serious releases. I was thinking a mind blowing Sisters preview and some insane Slaanesh Chaos guys to go with the new Noise Marine. Instead they are releasing their obligatory new Space Marine models lol. The Chaos stuff looks fun but its a little silly how much is looks like Dark Vengeance.

002.png.ba77195346737da22c96a22b44829cf5.pngLVOStudioPreview-Feb7-ShadowspearCSM25ibfjjvdjsb-1.jpg

They look like the same set lol. The Dark vengeance guys were super detailed sculpts though so, i guess its all good. Also its cool that CSM are getting STORMFIENDS!!!! 

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-Oblit28hvhwhgvjsd.jpg99120206017_SkavenStormfiends03.jpg

Then there is one kind of odd Sisters model. If this is their big highlight, it makes me worry how cool the release will actually be.

Anyway, Skaven and FEC are two of my largest collections, and I am working on like 50 GSC infantry and 3 GSC tanks, plus I ordered a bunch of the new GSC chars, so I'm pretty much full up for the year starting next week. Can't wait for the FEC spells preview tomorrow!!!!

Edited by WoollyMammoth
  • Haha 4

Good but not very exiting for me. Happy for all Khorne players... and probably all Sylvaneth players who wants their faction in underworld. Other then that I feel that KO will not see any updates this year (except ghb19)*sad face*.

Edited by cofaxest

The new Slyvaneth are gorgeous and really make me hope for an update for them with more revenant like models. It's says magic is a focus for them but only one of them (not even the leader) looks like a wizard so I wonder if they are moving in the direction of unit based wizards for Slyvaneth?

The rest is... disappointing. Whilst the new khorne will help in my meta given the sheer number of khorne players, I don't really feel like they were a priority to update and shows GWs overfocus on certain factions. That said, I'm hoping it's a case of 'the other factions were updating are getting models too so this is just a release to get you by'.

As others have said, I hate the "here's the name of a new game" thing they do. A name like warcry is so horribly generic and all they have shown so far is that it looks to be chaos focused which makes it hard to get excited as an order player.

As for the Stormvaults I'm really, really hoping it's a case of something breaking out of the vaults or, given the focus on clockwork in the trailer, the release of a cogwork army that sigmar was holding back on. The latter has been hinted at already and given that the main focus now is on souls, what better to bring to a fight than a souless army that can die without powering up your foe.

1 minute ago, lordreaven448 said:

I wonder if the Chaos picture is a hint to a Daemons battletome ala 40k. Right now furies, Daemon Princes, Soul Grinders and Belakor kind of lack a home.

Given that the new chaos space marine war machine makes it easier to summon daemons, and the new wizard is focused on possession, I think there is a very real chance for a daemon focus at some point this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yoshiya said:

Given that the new chaos space marine war machine makes it easier to summon daemons, and the new wizard is focused on possession, I think there is a very real chance for a daemon focus at some point this year.

I'm more thinking about AoS. Right now playing daemons in 40k means that you have a mixed army usually, but once you play AoS, it becomes a hassle.

7 minutes ago, lordreaven448 said:

I'm more thinking about AoS. Right now playing daemons in 40k means that you have a mixed army usually, but once you play AoS, it becomes a hassle.

Ah sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I mean because daemons are a cross system faction, and there seems to be a focus on then in the new csm release, I can see that spilling over into AoS as it allows them to double down on one release. As such, they may create a daemon army, even if it only allows undivided daemons and just expand that range etc 

59 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

The pictures are generic ones from homepage don’t take any stock in them except the new chaos one. The death and destruction "new" armies are quite unknown. Though if I were a gambling man grotbags.

edit 

ahh misread that. Back to being disappointed. 

A grotbags release soon after gloomspite would be a longshot to me. 

20 minutes ago, lordreaven448 said:

I wonder if the Chaos picture is a hint to a Daemons battletome ala 40k. Right now furies, Daemon Princes, Soul Grinders and Belakor kind of lack a home.

I think it's just to represent all 5 gods. You have a red blob, green thing, blue something, pink stuff, and a growth with whiskers. 

Guess I'm the only one who feels satisfied. I didn't have high hopes before the show after they showed us battletomes for FEC and Skaven. It already was much. Now it's Khorne. Well, I own a 2k Khorne army so I can't complain. To be honest I'm even happy as so far i restrained myself from buying book always feeling that Khorne has insufficient rules. Maybe now's the time. I'd only preffered new mortal model instead of Skulltaker. 

And I was right saying Khorne and Kharadrons will receive their own Endless spells just not called endless spells. Remember how many of you felt disgusted with that. 

If  Khorne is getting a new battletome then it is safe to say every army is getting one. Wonder if they'll make it by the end of 2019.

I don't care about the warband which is unoriginal (and that is from a guy who's main force is 3k Sylvaneth). 

Chaos seems to get a lot of boxed games. Wonder which armies will be in the box. Maybe StD? 

(The spider-robot chaos 40k thing is my candidate for model of the year) 

Edited by Aryann
  • Like 5

While I understand the disappointment, it is worth remembering that GW do a lot of previews these days. The next event is in 7 weeks. We have two battletomes tomes coming which aren't even up for preorder yet. Even if blades of Khorne is the only battletome we get before the end of March,  we will still be ahead of the same time last year. 

With the combination of the hint of a slyvaneth battletome from the seminar and the previous rumour of Ko in April, I am inclined to believe that is true. 

The exciting thing about the Khorne reveal is that it opens up all the non magic armies to the possibility of getting endless spell equivalents. 

Then we have warcry. Dave Sanders and Co have made two amazing games with underworlds and Killteam. 

Warcry could be something really special. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Aryann said:

Guess I'm the only one who feels satisfied. I didn't have high hopes before the show after they showed us battletomes for FEC and Skaven. It already was much. Now it's Khorne. Well, I own a 2k Khorne army so I can't complain. To be honest I'm even happy as so far i restrained myself from buying book always feeling that Khorne has insufficient rules. Maybe now's the time. I'd only preffered new mortal model instead of Skulltaker. 

And I was right saying Khorne and Kharadrons will receive their own Endless spells just not called endless spells. Remember how many of you felt disgusted with that. 

If  Khorne is getting a new battletome then it is safe to say every army is getting one. Wonder if they'll make it by the end of 2019.

I don't care about the warband which is unoriginal (and that is from a guy who's main force is 3k Sylvaneth). 

Chaos seems to get a lot of boxed games. Wonder which armies will be in the box. Maybe StD? 

I was about to write this but I'll piggyback off you.

There's going to be another AOS battle box this year. Part of me thinks it will be Fyreslayers vs Ironjawz, but it could be related to the new Forbidden Magic later this year. 

Pretty optimistic though overall. They're doing what many and myself hoped they'd do and bring just about every army up to date. That's the best thing they can do to push AOS forward

Also very curious about Warcry. Perhaps Kill Team/Mordheim but with a new twist

• Like 2

Woke up earlier to see the preview before i go to work. I was not dissapointed. 

Yes, we didn't get a lot of actual reveals like new models(except the new WU warband which is amazingly cool) or a new set, but that was to be expected as the event was mostly about the new  Black Legion. I think that everyone who said we should temper our expectations for this event, were right. 

But even so, cool and exciting stuff were teased and i really can't wait to see more of Warcry and the new stormcast thingy - continuation of Soul Wars.

About Warcry, it is obviously the Call of Archaon in game format. The strongest chaos champions travel to Varanspire, Archaon's fortress in the Allpoints to battle and prove who is the strongest and join the Lord of Apocslypse. I cant wait to find more and i hope it is not so Chaos centric as iy sounds. It will have some Darkoath barbarians in it so yeah. 

About the Forbidden Power(the stormcast lock thing), in FB the warcom team replied to people who were angry at more SCE that they didn't announce a new chamber but something else. We will see i guess.