The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, RexHavoc said:

I'd say its probably a duel kit, as would be the troggoths and the mangler. Would fit the pattern of other releases then.

new fanatics would definitely break a pattern, as no plastic kits have ever really been replaced. highly doubt fanatics will be replaced but we shall see soon!

9 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

new fanatics would definitely break a pattern, as no plastic kits have ever really been replaced. highly doubt fanatics will be replaced but we shall see soon!

Maybe new fanatics are just melee grots with a lot of shrooms that give debuffs

Hype train for the reveal btw

I'm guessing it'll be up around 2-3 GMT. Whenever I've had to coordinate media releases that are targeting (mainly) the UK and US we always go for around then to make sure as many people are up as possible when we go live.

Edited by JPjr

13 minutes ago, JPjr said:

I'm guessing it'll be up around 2-3 GMT. Whenever I've had to coordinate media releases that are targeting (mainly) the UK and US we always go for around then to make sure as many people are up as possible when we go live.

That's the same thought I had. Also the trailer went up at about 2pm yesterday (standard Grot time) so I'd say its a safe to say it's going to be pretty soon. The 40k community has just gone up as well, so It cant be long now!

^^ yeah, nothing more than a reboxing probably, might even be lucky and get a start collection box with just some of the older models in there (though I doubt it)

The infantry is pretty much a duel kit anyway (spears, bows or hand weapons) and comes with command, including enough bits to make a shaman, so I doubt they will be replacing that anytime soon. Fine by me, as its a brilliant little kit, even if its not a jam packed as some of the new ones.

From the picture today and from the shadespire warband, I dont think much will change with the core unit, the ones in the box were almost exact clones of the older kit, just with a couple of extra details.

6 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

^^ yeah, nothing more than a reboxing probably, might even be lucky and get a start collection box with just some of the older models in there (though I doubt it)

The infantry is pretty much a duel kit anyway (spears, bows or hand weapons) and comes with command, including enough bits to make a shaman, so I doubt they will be replacing that anytime soon. Fine by me, as its a brilliant little kit, even if its not a jam packed as some of the new ones.

From the picture today and from the shadespire warband, I dont think much will change with the core unit, the ones in the box were almost exact clones of the older kit, just with a couple of extra details.

I find underworlds ones a wee bigger than the ones in the box.

Fungoid shaman is noticible bigger.

3 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

I am very doubtful they will do a Start Collecting on the release of the new faction, based on Fyreslayer and Kharadron... it took them a whole year + to get them. I look at the Nighthaunt beside the Soul War box there is no bundle even so... they might split the box into 2 Start collecting like they did in the previous starter set... even soo it took them a good 2 years before they transformed it into Start collecting

Just now, Sadysaneto said:

I find underworlds ones a wee bigger than the ones in the box.

Fungoid shaman is noticible bigger. 

For sure. But design wise the old core troops are almost identical, so i'd be very surprised if they change the core troop set just to be a little bit bigger. I could well be wrong- they have redone plenty of kits recently to make things a tad larger.
The fungoid shaman is indeed huge in comparison, but then so were the old hero models (skarsnik towers over the plastics, though most of that is hat!). I suspect the Loon king to be similar in size to some of the death heroes (like lady olynder, but with out the floaty bits).

3 minutes ago, Qcbob025 said:

I am very doubtful they will do a Start Collecting on the release of the new faction, based on Fyreslayer and Kharadron... it took them a whole year + to get them. I look at the Nighthaunt beside the Soul War box there is no bundle even so... they might split the box into 2 Start collecting like they did in the previous starter set... even soo it took them a good 2 years before they transformed it into Start collecting

Yeah, I dont think we will see a start collecting for them until summer 2020. Won't be next year year. I was trying to recall if there were any other kits they could included wit the core troops but there isn't really anything except the spider and I don't see that becoming a starter set (The allies set it was in was a tad more expensive than the start collections I believe!)