The Rumour Thread

Hi all, have been reading here for a while and have to say it's my favourite thread :)
I don't have rumours but mostly questions to like-minded AoS fans.

I have been reading the novels and stories and stumbled upon an interesting mention in the Core Book. At page 104 when describing the Spiral Crux there is a mention of gholem-kind, as inhabitants of the western isles together with humans and duardins, As far as I know this is the only mention of a new race coming out from the CB, I understand it will not be the next army released, but sounds interesting, no? Did we hear/discuss this before?

I have also to ask one thing I found suspicious. In many recent stories, especially the Souls War from Reynolds, there are mention of new death beings that could one day join the current roster (raise his hand who wouldn't want to see black hounds freezing water by howling, p.137??). And then if we look at the GH18 we can see that the Sepulchral Guard is the only Shadespire warband that can't be used by the current Death factions (Deathrattle basically disappeared by being incorporated with the various Legions of Nagash), could that be a sign? It reminds me the same treatment the Mourngul received when he was basically removed from any viable faction until Nighthaunt got his own battletome... Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

Well they are both bull's heads, you'd expect some similarity.

True ? But it's more than just that - they have the same dental structure, the same tendons, the same lips, even the same nose. They're practically identical twins, if one of the twins were set on fire.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

Put the Keeper of Secrets up alongside this and you'd see they are similar too... It's a bull head.

A bullshead with the same carnivore teeth. It‘s 100% Beastmen related. (Chaos dwarf-bulls don‘t have carnivore teeth and they come with wings and armour which aren‘t even hinted here. The level of Face muscle detail is very lacking with Chaos Dwarfs compared to BH). I think the visual evidence is overwhelming.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Drazhoath-the-Ashen

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

Put the Keeper of Secrets up alongside this and you'd see they are similar too... It's a bull head.

I'm not so sure about that. The KoS bull head is very elongated and has many jewels and other daemonic additives, whereas the endless spell is very bestial and looks more like a normal bull (sans the big teeth). 

Screenshot_20180824-123141_Chrome.jpg

Warhammer Community posted some details about the opening of Warhammer Citadel this weekend, including

"There’ll even be a seminar held by Warhammer Community head honcho Andy, where he might just reveal some never-before-seen models…"

• Like 9

3 hours ago, michu said:

Cubicle 7 made a beautiful map of Reikland for WFRP4. Now I really can't wait for their AoS RPG.

248284-sample.pdf

Cubicle 7 really knocked this RPG out of the park.  I think it will be in the discussion for best Warhammer Fantasy edition.  

I got the PDF, waiting on the print version to arrive, I highly encourage everyone to take a look at this one!

On 8/22/2018 at 5:58 PM, Yokai said:

image.png.fc68fa77150df24b167973bbb84c5cee.png

Suspicious goats indeed!

I'm currently on holiday in France, and yesterday evening my Labrador and I were confronted by and then chased for roughly half a mile by this hideous thing (maybe the size of a large cat),  displaying at least 2/5 of the signs of seditious behaviour mentioned above and violently bleeting at us in (what I can only assume to have been) the dark tongue:

TVl0jBd.jpg?1

Beastmen are definitely coming! ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

At this point, if beastmen aren't coming, it would be a cruel taunt by GW.

That said, it works be great to see them next. It's one of the few armies I could probably resist buying en masse. Squigs would just empty my bank account, so the longer they are delayed the better. ?