The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

What do you guys think about the leaked pricing of the Black Coach and Aventis Firestrike? (115$ each) I hope it's a mistake and they meant AUD... otherwise I'll give those two a hard pass since I cannot afford them at all.

I'd love to see Darkoath and Beastmen mixed!

The black coach is huge, so the price is not really a surprise. Aventis is more than I  thought, but apparently if you build him you can also build a lord arcanum on foot, so it is not too bad. It is really the chainrasp price that surprises me. £25 for 10 easy build minis that are designed to be taken in hordes. If you take 3 max size units, you are talking £300 just for them. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sleboda said:

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The black coach is huge, so the price is not really a surprise. Aventis is more than I  thought, but apparently if you build him you can also build a lord arcanum on foot, so it is not too bad. It is really the chainrasp price that surprises me. £25 for 10 easy build minis that are designed to be taken in hordes. If you take 3 max size units, you are talking £300 just for them. 

Especially since they're the same models as in the starter box (as it seems). You're better off with ebay concerning them

Edited by JackStreicher

GIMME SOME COOOOWS!!!! 

If I was not at work right now I would be shouting out the window. Sooo long we have been waiting for Beastmen to come out and have their revenge since 6th ed book was violated!!!

Beware the next ascendence of Morghur Lord of Skulls and the ruin of all mankind once and for all!! I really hope they come out and they mada a model for Morghur as he deserves vengence! 

Edited by Frozenbeast
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Turn the teaser upside down and it might be the lower half of a noice marine helmet. 

Good spot. For those who can't flip their monitors: 

20180724_160838.jpg

Edited by Enoby
Artist's impression
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

I really hope the Darkoath/beastmen can be marked. The best thing about Slaves to Darkness was how you could use them in so many different ways depending on their mark (as well as theme them around a god), and I think it would be a massive shame to lose this. 

It was one of the big disappointments about varanguard for me - they were champions of the Chaos Gods that forget their past allegiance unless Archaon reminds them. It would have also been nice to include a unit or two of them properly in a god-aligned army just for their cool aesthetics. 

Ha normally for other issues I'm on the same page as you but I hope for the opposite here.  StD with marks, by and large, are inevitably just battleline feeders to other, better god-specific Chaos factions.  I'd love to see some form of StD that stand on their own as a complete faction.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, amysrevenge said:

Ha normally for other issues I'm on the same page as you but I hope for the opposite here.  StD with marks, by and large, are inevitably just battleline feeders to other, better god-specific Chaos factions.  I'd love to see some form of StD that stand on their own as a complete faction.

Ah, fair enough - I can see where you're coming from. I guess I just like my barbarian hordes to be more decisive when it comes to choosing a god :P

• Like 1

I’ll clarify a bit. The Beastmen / darkoath comes from 2 different sources. I dint know if it’s mixed or one or the other. I had to double check when I was told ‘brayherds’ as I had already been told darkoath. 

Moonclan is 100% on its way sept/ oct.

terrain a bit of a shady one too. I’ve heard more army terrain and an expansion on the azyrite ruins but no firm date on either.

Now on the subject of dates, although soul wars fell in line with everything I saw and heard the dates did get changed. Malign sorcery was originally set for release first ( yes it was AoS 1 as a follow up to malign portents) AoS 2 and soul wars was originally slated for end of July.  

Im pretty sure Martin Morrins slip up on whtv (announcing ‘AoS phase 2- nagash is kicking off’ during adepticon ) moved things forward regarding the AoS 2 release - which also coincides with the mess of a release we’ve had with scrolls not being ready small coverage in June WD etc. 

So that being said although the stuff I’ve been told should be 2018 there’s no guarantee as they’ve shown that the AoS release schedule will be moved around. Slaanesh I was told would be Jan/feb mirroring the nurglevand tzeentch release. I’d be surprised if it’s moved up but it could be possible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 17

2 minutes ago, LLV said:

I’ll clarify a bit. The Beastmen / darkoath comes from 2 different sources. I dint know if it’s mixed or one or the other. I had to double check when I was told ‘brayherds’ as I had already been told darkoath. 

Moonclan is 100% on its way sept/ oct.

terrain a bit of a shady one too. I’ve heard more army terrain and an expansion on the azyrite ruins but no firm date on either.

Now on the subject of dates, although soul wars fell in line with everything I saw and heard the dates did get changed. Malign sorcery was originally set for release first ( yes it was AoS 1 as a follow up to malign portents) AoS 2 and soul wars was originally slated for end of July.  

Im pretty sure Martin Morrins slip up on whtv (announcing ‘AoS phase 2- nagash is kicking off’ during adepticon ) moved things forward regarding the AoS 2 release - which also coincides with the mess of a release we’ve had with scrolls not being ready small coverage in June WD etc. 

So that being said although the stuff I’ve been told should be 2018 there’s no guarantee as they’ve shown that the AoS release schedule will be moved around. Slaanesh I was told would be Jan/feb mirroring the nurglevand tzeentch release. I’d be surprised if it’s moved up but it could be possible.

@LLV When the deepkin book came out the Gloomtide was labelled as an "etheric vortex", possible that terrain coming out might also get that label and armies will be able to take scenery just like endless spells? Given several AoS armies already have faction specific scenery, i.e. sylvaneth, nurgle, deepkin.

Also any idea on faction specific endless spells beyond Nighthaunt and Stormcast?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LLV said:

I can 100% confirm there's an expansion on the azyrite ruins - saw/poked them at Warhammer Fest (wall sections with less ruined bits).  The designers had absolutely no idea when they were coming out though - I'd be surprised it they weren't out by August (using the 3-month release window limit as a guide), but who knows!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I am starting to really wonder about the prognostication skills of everyone in this thread.

Once again, this is obviously for grots.

Well, now you mention it, it may be the Rabid Squig with muzzle. 

20180724_164907.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I can 100% confirm there's an expansion on the azyrite ruins - saw/poked them at Warhammer Fest (wall sections with less ruined bits).  The designers had absolutely no idea when they were coming out though - I'd be surprised it they weren't out by August (using the 3-month release window limit as a guide), but who knows!

I would expect that generic terrain is tough for them to slot into the production schedule.  While I personally think that the more terrain options we have the better, I doubt the two story Azyrite ruins are high on GWs priority.  Right now they are obviously cranking to get KillTeam/40k Terrain out.  40k is also about due for a new model release wave of some sort and you have to expect that those are in the pipeline.  Then you have to figure that new models are almost always larger sellers than terrain kits and I am sure they are currently working on whatever AoS release is planned for the fall.  And then you probably have to slot in time for old kit restocks.

So it would not surprise me at all if the designers have no idea when a kit like that will come out.  Most likely it will show up whenever they can get a bit of bandwidth to get it produced and then slotted into an otherwise slow sales release window.

AoS Terrain/scenery choice is really poor.

AoS hight terrain/scenery is NON-existent except the warscrier citadel.

Compared to 40K where you have at least 3 complete lines of modulables sceneries... (militarium, mechanicus, imperium) + all mini terrain fetures (containers, fortifications, etc...)

So, I think that GW won't neglect  the AoS scenery market because AoS has  now a nice and growing player oups customer base.

18 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

AoS Terrain/scenery choice is really poor.

AoS hight terrain/scenery is NON-existent except the warscrier citadel.

Compared to 40K where you have at least 3 complete lines of modulables sceneries... (militarium, mechanicus, imperium) + all mini terrain fetures (containers, fortifications, etc...)

So, I think that GW won't neglect  the AoS scenery market because AoS has  now a nice and growing player oups customer base.

I want more racial scenery. I’ve seen a lot of people make their own on some Battle Reports, like DBZ stacked rock spires in the wilderness for Ghur, but I would love some more death-themed scenery, Ork themed scenery and so forth. 

Also it would be cool to have realm based scenery! 

• Like 1

I noticed that rumour engines tend to be posted at the game it is meant for. If its 40k its under 40k news. If its aos its under AoS news. This particular engine is on both news pages. This has me believe it is either a multifunctional terrain piece, but could also be some sort of cross game daemon release. Perhaps slaanesh?

3 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I agree, but I also think that terrain by nature sells less than other stuff.  Everyone that wants to play needs an army.  But, not everyone has a home table and terrain.  Also, there are a lot of alternate options out there for wargame terrain and some of it is a lot cheaper and easy to make.

I have a table, and I like GW terrain, so I am interested in more.  But I still don't think that GW will prioritize it over other stuff.

• Like 1