The Rumour Thread

12 hours ago, Enoby said:

Nothing too concrete, but we're expecting Moonclan, Slaanesh, and maybe Darkoath. The first two are based on rumour engines, the last is based on harbingers. 

I feel like with all the stuff I’ve read fluff wise lately Slaanesh has featured heavily so I think there could be a battletome on the cards in the future. The army badly needs newer models as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fomorian said:

Oh i really hope Moonclan will be next and also within the rest of 2018 please :)!

might be a very tight fit for 2018. We know that Nighthaunters and Sacrosant/SCE will get a full release in relativly close succession to the Core set. Furthermore, we know Space Wolves and Orkes will be the next 'dexes for 40k, as well as Genestealer Cult, all of which will get some kind of new models, with SW and Orcs being heavily rumour to get more extensive releases and new/reworked models. Also rumoured are 40k's emperors children and world eater, both said to appear in 2018 as well - personaly I would either expect WE as a short two wek relases as a counter to Orcs and Wolves with an Armageddon link or seeing them not before next year, whereas Slaanesh little toys are a given during this Fall, pre-Christmas time. 
Besides faction releases, there will be AT, Rouge Trader and the 40 skirmish as boxed game releases as well as a necromunda and Blood bwol release every quater. 

GW really has a tight calender. It'll e interesting to see what really makes an appearance and when. 

Oh, btw AoS open day is less then 14 days away, first solid hints of whats to come besides NH/SCE-Sacro might be given there

1 hour ago, Tip4Tap said:

I feel like with all the stuff I’ve read fluff wise lately Slaanesh has featured heavily so I think there could be a battletome on the cards in the future. The army badly needs newer models as well.

And the only one without plastic Greater Demon.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/3810/748195.page

From the 40k Warhammer and general Wargames Trip Loot Sharing facebook page and OrlandoTheTechnicolored on Dakka Dakka. 

As I said there, has this model was shown at Warhammer Fest and in the Nighthaunt trailer, I absolutely don't see how it won't be a general release =( Very sad, as I love this model !!!

35541582_10160338427400580_716466056108965888_n.jpg

• Sad 2

Wow those Sacrosanct minis look really good as Hallowed Knights. Guess that settles my indecision over what stormhost to go for when I get my starter.

5 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

personaly I would either expect WE as a short two wek relases as a counter to Orcs and Wolves with an Armageddon link or seeing them not before next year

I can't imagine them trying to dump those awful old berzerkers on us again. World Eaters deserve a full line and a complete codex like the other traitor legions, and I'd expect to see them held back till next year to make that possible if necessary.

30 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Wow those Sacrosanct minis look really good as Hallowed Knights. Guess that settles my indecision over what stormhost to go for when I get my starter.

I can't imagine them trying to dump those awful old berzerkers on us again. World Eaters deserve a full line and a complete codex like the other traitor legions, and I'd expect to see them held back till next year to make that possible if necessary.

Think about it, we need 'zerkers, a Terminator version, a hand full of heroes and maybe some Marines on Juggernauts and motherf.... Angron - might fit into a two week window.

But back to AoS, @HorticulusTGA, I'm with you, that one or both should be the reglar released version of the starterbox dude.

guardian-of-souls.jpg

So both versions on one sprue.... kind of a strange move by GW to make an central hero unity a event only model.

Oh and source of the Horitcus provided image is Games Workshop Milton Keynes page

What do you guys think about the next start collecting / battleforce / other bundle boxes? 

I guess DoK and Idoneth Deepkin are the two things that come to mind, will they get an SC box first, or a Christmas time battleforce box?  

For DoK, It seems like the SC box will just be the Blood Coven box. You get 3 heroes (the shrine being a centerpiece) and 10 witch aelves.  There's no other "big" piece to put in so the Cauldron of blood seems a shoe-in, but I could see Mellusai or Khinerei instead of the witch aelves. 

Maybe those two factions are too new for Battleforce and we won't see SC until after the new year. What other factions might we see for battleforce, or what other kinds of bundle products might we see?

5 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

What do you guys think about the next start collecting / battleforce / other bundle boxes? 

I guess DoK and Idoneth Deepkin are the two things that come to mind, will they get an SC box first, or a Christmas time battleforce box?  

For DoK, It seems like the SC box will just be the Blood Coven box. You get 3 heroes (the shrine being a centerpiece) and 10 witch aelves.  There's no other "big" piece to put in so the Cauldron of blood seems a shoe-in, but I could see Mellusai or Khinerei instead of the witch aelves. 

Maybe those two factions are too new for Battleforce and we won't see SC until after the new year. What other factions might we see for battleforce, or what other kinds of bundle products might we see?

Battleforces for Christmas for either DoK or Idoneth Deepkin are likely. I dont think we will see both as there will be one for the new Stormcasts and most likely another one for Nighthaunts. 

I dont think we will see SC! sets for both Aelfs this year. Kharadron Overlords got their Battleforce box for christmas and their SC! earlier this year, more or less one year after their initial release.