The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Saiken said:

It hasn't been discussed much in here, but don't you guys feel like we could get a surprise Grots Battletome, and not only a Moonclan one ?

That faction focus got me thinking that it might not only be a fortunate coincidence ...

TBH I think they got press for time and wrote them all In the same article (and even put the Gargant into the article so they didn't have to write about them in the future) , I mean they put Everchosen/ STD and Brayherd/ Warherd/ Beast of Chaos together but I doubt they get combined either.

2 hours ago, Saiken said:

It hasn't been discussed much in here, but don't you guys feel like we could get a surprise Grots Battletome, and not only a Moonclan one ?

That faction focus got me thinking that it might not only be a fortunate coincidence ...

No, I don't get that feeling really.

GW has doubled down on very specific themes and Grots are thematically all over the place.  The only product so far that breaks that trend is Legions of Nagash.  We might see a book like that at some point for all of Destruction, but I don't get the feeling that they will make a grot specific one.  I expect that they will turn at least one grot faction into a full allegiance with a battletome and probably eventually get some sort of anthology book released for most of Destruction.  The rumors specifically for Moonclan seem strong enough that at this point it feels like a "when" and not an "if".

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

Could be possible, but as 40k has variants like bomb squigs, that do not necessarily work for AoS, it might not happen. 

It could work like Tzaangor - the 40K kit has a small additional sprue with bolt pistols and chainswords, but is otherwise basically just the AoS kit. The same would easily work for plastic squigs.

35 minutes ago, Malin said:

Lack of prices is either:

- evidence of not the smartest photographer taking pictures

- GW putting those pictures over the Internet intentionally to wet our appetites while not revealing everything

Or that they're not shown in WD, remember they only show what's on preorder up to about mid month in WD so if pre-orders start later in the month the dates and prices won't be in there 

16 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Is this a bigger number of releases than they had for the start of 8th 40k?

I think it is. Also seems a good selection of things for release day as I think most players will be getting a lot of them (boxed set and GHB for me at least!!!)

16 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

Nobody talks about the big mounted Stormcast hero in the trailer ? :)

Suspect it's due to people still taking in the information overload. I've not seen the trailer yet but will over lunch

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Is this a bigger number of releases than they had for the start of 8th 40k?

Yes. There was nothing like the Malign Sorcery addon for 40K 8th edition. Aside from that, the GHB18 is kinda like the Indexes were. They released al manner of dice back then too. But I don't remember any funky objective markers like these.

So yeah, bigger.

So it seems there's going to be Three Main Books

The Core Rules which essentially is a guide to the Age of Sigmar setting, and contains the main rule-set.

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-CoreBook11dv.jpg

Then the Generals handbook 2018 which seems to be  similar to the rest of the general handbook releases, containing army rules and point values, and a more in-depth look at the different styles of play in AOS.

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-GenHandbook2018jbgr.jpg

The the Malign Sorcery supplement which expands the magic phase with endless spell, including missions and painting tutorials.

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-MalSorBox7wg.jpg

Huh, it seems these weren't future Shadespire warbands, but just some (amazing looking) push to fit kits, neat :D

"On the release weekend, meanwhile, you’ll be able to grab a range of push fit kits to bolster your forces from Soul Wars. If you’re a fan of the Sacrosanct Chamber, you’ll be able to reinforce your army with some Sequitors and Castigators (not to mention a loyal Gryph-hound!) while Nighthaunt players can add a Deathbeat Drummer to their Glaivewraith Stalkers, or add the shrieking Myrmourn Banshees to their armies – diabolical wizard-hunters with the power to feast on magical energy."

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-PushFitSequitors26be.jpg

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-PushFitCastigators26qx.jpg

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-PushFitGlaivewraith28bb.jpg

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-PushFitBanshees27vf.jpg

Edited by BrownDog
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

De6q7STUcAImaJT.jpg

I guess he is the famously rumoured flying Stormcast

as expected, we havent seen by far everything coming for both new factions, realy looking forward to the relases of the starterbox and the following armies. So much opportiunities for mini-dios, duels and modeling in generell.

1 hour ago, Bloodmaster said:

as expected, we havent seen by far everything coming for both new factions, realy looking forward to the relases of the starterbox and the following armies. So much opportiunities for mini-dios, duels and modeling in generell.

As a Destruction player I am so envious of death. ? But you Death players have really deserved this. You had to wait for so long to get something new. I am really happy for all of you Death players. I always felt a connection to all the Death players who had never gotten anything new. 

I hope you Death players are also satisfied with what you got. ? 

• Like 3