The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I really like your idea of Beastmen as corruptors as it feels different than the role of destruction tribes. Personally, I have always loved the idea of Beasts of Chaos to be mutated folks that are driven away from society and in some ways the most sympathetic side of Chaos. Your typical Chaos follower has the choice to worship Chaos but for the Beasts, it was Chaos that chose them. The idea of them bringing this corrupting magic alongside them makes this even more interesting. The closer the Beasts get to society the more beast children are born or people are mutated and the more terrible the rumours and reactions to developing bestial qualities will be. When a beast child is born to a Chaos Tribe they will leave it bundled up in the wilds in hopes that it will be found by its people... when a beast is born to Order Tribes it is left in the wilds in hopes that no one ever finds out about it... in both cases the beasts will never be far off. There always exists the threat that all will one day be born a beast which is an existential threat to the realm. 

This way you can create sad stories about intelegent beasts secretly raised in society that were protected by loving parents who were killed and the beast escaped swearing vengeance on society. You can show the corrupting influence of beasts through legends of lycanthropes, skin changers and Wendigos as people slowly changing and falling to their atavistic traits and the call of Chaos. You can keep the traditional view of Beasts of Chaos as a tribe of wild beasts dedicated to the fall of civilization. And of course you can mix and match origins for your beasts. In this way they range from the tragically sympathetic to the uttermost terrifying. 

Mate call up GW right now with this absolutely perfect pitch!! I love it so much I wish it were true lore!!

****** if BOC get a range refresh this Edition I may have to start a Chaos Faction thanks to you.

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

Firstly I actually think the game will be good don't get me wrong but I rolled my eyes a little.

GW: "Guys the imperium is bad okay? They're not heroes and the terrible authoritarian government is satire why don't yall get that??"

Also GW:

20211210_072202.jpg

You know I seem to be the only person who found this trailer bland and forgettable compared to some of the banger cinematics we've had featuring Space Marines in the past.

These lumbering goons trundle casually into a square like a spaghetti western and the Nids all just kinda die from a brief peppering of bolter rounds. The 'clash' was especially pathetic. Like, why even get out of the thunderhawk, it could've cleaned them out from that height with its point-defense guns.

If they'd portray BoC like the troglodytes in Tomahawk (cool horror western with Kurt Russell) people would find them the scariest thing there is. BoC are the grown-up version of Orks. They are what makes you afraid of venturing out into the woods, they are your Leatherface and other slasher monsters. Dunno if shooting for "these guys are all about anarchy" isn't about the lamest aspect you could develop but I'm going by online summaries here. I don't think the chaotic aspect of them is what makes people like them. They are children of Chaos, yes, but not active agents of it in the sense of being anarchists (anarchy might follow them but that's it).

Give me lovecraftian beastmen as a dark force that cannot be reasoned with (well, arguably you can't now either), with lots of scary, primitive rituals and hell, I'd buy an army instantly if some minis get proper upgrades.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate call up GW right now with this absolutely perfect pitch!! I love it so much I wish it were true lore!!

****** if BOC get a range refresh this Edition I may have to start a Chaos Faction thanks to you.

Well I am currently on the fence on what to do with some money I got for my birthday. The path seems to be either getting Wrath and Rapture* and making a Legion of the First Prince Army, based around Khorne and Slaanesh allies that are trying to break free of the Great Game only to be used as pawns of my Demon Prince/Be'lakor to invade the realm of my personal setting with the promise of freedom. This opens up Blades of Khorne and Hedonites of Slaanesh with my S2D as Coalition forces and also lets me play 40k, while staying in my personal preferred game system and setting in terms of collecting. I think this would be an interesting idea as it makes even the demons sympathetic and the main villain of my narrative a former human who chose to use chaos as a path to power. Alternatively, I am thinking of getting a Flesh Eater start collecting set and a Beast of Chaos start collecting set and kitbashing to make a group of cursed canabilistic beasts that my ogors fight to keep their lands free of the cursed, and my Slaves to Darkness and Stormcast do not realize are their fallen kin. Again a sympathetic take on both Death and Beasts. I suck at kitbashing so it will mostly be head swaps mixing and matching ungors and ghouls... I also might just stick to beasts or ghouls as I doubt my Kitbashing skills.  

I also might grab a Battleforce either Lumineth, Slaanesh or OBR. I have narrative plans for each, but this post is getting rather lengthy already. Finally I could instead just eventually grab a centre piece for each of my armies (Krondys, Be'Lakor, Mega Gargant or Kragnos) and actually focus on my three armies and a cohesive narrative between them. In other words I am willing to spend roughly the cost of a centre piece or battleforce and don't know what to get... I am hesitant to make any of these purchases though as I do not know what the future holds for S2D and Ogor Mawtribes. I don't want to make a hasty purchase only to find out that Beasts or Chorfs will be added to a S2D soup and I would rather get Baergut Vosjarl and some plastic Yhetees if they were to be released. This is why a Roadmap would be useful, I am less likely to invest in anything as I would rather wait and see if something new comes up for my current collections. I will likely miss out on the copy of Wrath and Rapture and the battleforces if I wait, but it might let me get something cool in the future.  🤷‍♂️

Back to rumours, so with Soulblight getting a White Dwarf article is it safe to assume that Slaanesh, DOK, and Lumineth will get their Path to Glory, Battalions, Grand Strategies and Battletactics presented in WD? I feel those are the only components missing from their current tomes but I do not collect any of those ranges so I might be missing something.

*I am leaning towards Wrath and Rapture as many of my friends play 40k and this will let me join them. But I also think it will be the most expensive option in the long run. Varanguard are also a potential option as they are some of my favourite models and keep the price down relative to some of my other ideas.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, The Red King said:

Firstly I actually think the game will be good don't get me wrong but I rolled my eyes a little.

GW: "Guys the imperium is bad okay? They're not heroes and the terrible authoritarian government is satire why don't yall get that??"

Also GW:

20211210_072202.jpg

Tbh in all the arhammer universes there's plenty of awe inspiring good characters even in the worst places of the settings(Dante,Gaunt,Felix and so on).
Titus was written as a reasonable one (for the "little" that his game can convey) and was liked by many, getting the sequel that was intended but cancelled many years ago is a very good news indeed.
And i hope GW will finally get some ideas and finally give us the AOS musou/Hack-and-slash game that we deserves.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

via /TG/, i don't know if this was posted here yet. Concerning the FAQ. 

Maggotkin for obvious reasons aren't in the update. Slaanesh is getting some key point drops. Tzeentch is seeing a small increase to horrors, and a significant drop to arcanists and magisters. Khorne is getting one of the biggest updates, in that blood tithe is getting reworked, with the biggest change being you don't blow your whole wad whenever you use any of said wad. Only STD update is Darkoath are now proper cultists. Skaven get nothing, but there's a very good reason for this.

I'm not sure where the "GW doesn't care about Skaven" meme started; they got terrain, endless spells, some new sculpts, and a new hero fairly recently. The rodents of unusual size are one of our oldest in-house IPs. Big plans for the rats. Skaven are a massive and diverse range... kind of like Eldar.

Edited by Ratboy genius
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

Blood for the blood god! 

Also if Skaven are getting the eldar treatment, it will be amazing! I ve been tempted by this army for so long, but the age of the models has always stopped me. 

Edited by Sigmarusvult

28 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

Big plans for the rats. Skaven are a massive and diverse range... kind of like Eldar.

Hmmmm, thats enough to build up hype. If skavens get the same treatment Eldar seems to be getting, its going to be a good time to be a skaven fan

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate, they only have to go back to 1st to 3rd Ed fantasy and that’s what beasts lore was literally blow for blow.

they moved away from that lore because it was all a bit too dark. You need to read yourself the original realm of chaos books and then you’ll understand why now with beasts and slaanesh they’re like “erm.. yea erm.. how do we spin these puppies without the ‘suggested for mature readers’ tag?!”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Blood for the blood god! 

Also if Skaven are getting the eldar treatment, it will be amazing! I ve been tempted by this army for so long, but the age of the models has always stopped me. 

The question is when then, because if it is in 2023 than It doesn’t feel so good.

45 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

seem like guesswork and using community wishes as way make it more believable 

Seems oddly specific to one grand alliance and not about other armies especially the other sinister 6 armies that need some toning down. Like if you had leak you would talk about other changes especially to the core rules

so probably fake like other TG post

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

seem like guesswork and using community wishes as way make it more believable 

Seems oddly specific to one grand alliance and not about other armies especially the other sinister 6 armies that need some toning down. Like if you had leak you would talk about other changes especially to the core rules

so probably fake like other TG post

Ya, I thought the same thing, and still sort of do... but I did lurk over to /TG/ and the post was specifically responding to a question about FAQ changes to the chaos factions.

Although why they wouldn't take the time to just outline the changes in the FAQ to everything... makes it seem pretty fake.

I just want Black Knights to not be garbage.

Edited by oggurt_da_bog_zombie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Also when the poster is saying Skaven is not getting anything in the FAQ it implies that their book is comming out within the next three months (like Tau) which while not unlikely seems a bit of a stretch to be true at this point in time.

Edited by novakai

If you can use Blood Tithe without using all of it up, Khorne lists made mainly with STD units are going to actually be very good. Assuming they don't nerf the effects, which I really hope they don't. It would be so sad to see it turned into some brainless thing. 

Edited by yukishiro1

40 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This is massive if true. Skaven are the range in most dire need of updating in AOS and definitely deserve it!! @Skreech Verminking mate!!

Definitely 

24 minutes ago, novakai said:

Also when the poster is saying Skaven is not getting anything in the FAQ it implies that their book is comming out within the next three months (like Tau) which while not unlikely seems a bit of a stretch to be true at this point in time.

I’m so confused.

Is the so called faq already out, that it has been mentioned multiple times?

also what poster?

Edited by Skreech Verminking

30 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Definitely 

I’m so confused.

Is the so called faq already out, that it has been mentioned multiple times?

also what poster?

No the rumor TG post was about FAQ changes and they said skaven didn’t get any changes. Which implies their book is coming out sooner but the poster added that they get a Eldar remake as well which seems like a big stretch for it to happen so soon given what we know to happen (loads of 40K releases in the horizon) 

hence why I am skeptical about the person who posted these leaks (the poster) being honest and this being another troll rumor.

We don't even know what kind of update Eldar are going to get (rumour hints suggest that its a make-over and its high due for one). So its hard to say what kind of update that will be or how many kits there will be. It could be a huge chunk, it could be a small handful. 

Skaven certainly need an update, but honestly the same can be said of the majority of AoS armies; either needing a good addition of models and/or updating of old sculpts and materials. 

That said the reliable rumours that hinted at Eldar and several other releases which have happened, haven't hinted at Skaven getting a major update. Now I could see them getting some updated models or new kits, but at this stage if their release is in the next few months i'd be (happily) surprised if its a major do-over. 

1 hour ago, Overread said:

That said the reliable rumours that hinted at Eldar and several other releases which have happened, haven't hinted at Skaven getting a major update. 

I don't think aos has had many reliable rumors for years anywhere near the level of 40k. People don't want to lose their jobs for a tiny bit of clout 

• Confused 1