The Rumour Thread

look at the Nurgle bundle and other combat patrol box it looks like one hero and 3 units (with one generally being a vehicle, walker, or elite unit) seems like a sweet spot for them.  there exceptions like sisters having a Rhino and Repentia squad, deathguard having 30 pox walkers, and dark eldar having an extra raider. 

i think it really boils down to how much stuff they can put into a box to match this discount value and then finagling the points to match around the same area. armies with a lot of old models which are cheaper probably can get more then three models in a box

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Chikout said:

From now on 40k is going to have quarterly rules updates. Will AoS follow suit? Should it?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/09/game-balance-is-at-the-heart-of-this-official-warhammer-40000-rules-update/

I'd be fine with a once-a-year pass that is actually allowed to touch battletome rules and warscrolls, honestly. I think there are good arguments to be conservative with these kinds of changes, but I would still like the occasional bungled warscroll to have a chance to be fixed outside of a new battletome or Broken Realms style supplement.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

The reality is simply that we don't know how things are moving or which issues are causing what specific delays. I mean it genuinely sucks... but the reality is that we are in a massive Pandemic and the U.K. is going through a massive socio political shift causing issues for trade and production.

40K is probably a priority but there were issues with the Dragons production and clearly that alone caused issues with the roll out. I think that GW is playing catch up but 40k seems to not have had production issues that exacerbated issues on the AOS side. 40k is obviously the priority in terms of sales but AOS is getting plenty of love with most models being much more up to date than many 40K ranges.

I personally do not like the situation either and I am more and more dismayed every time I see a new space marine that looks like every single other Marine... but I also know that it is likely much easier to print a book with the same stat lines, some new lore and a new set of special rules than starting from scratch. I wouldn't be surprised if so much of the imperium focus of late is in response to the pandemic. Of course despite everyone else's excitement Horus Herecy fills me with dismay as I can go without more Space Marines.

Based on what I have heard about other U.K. lines and products it sounds like GW are doing a fairly decent job... Warhammer plus not withstanding.

Hours Heresy to me is the most boring game system that GW produces. Space Marines Vs Space Marines. Just blah.

Heres hoping the Christmas Rumour Engines start showing off some very obvious hints at the future for AOS. I have a feeling one or two may show off the next Warhammer Underworlds Warband as well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Hours Heresy to me is the most boring game system that GW produces. Space Marines Vs Space Marines. Just blah.

Heres hoping the Christmas Rumour Engines start showing off some very obvious hints at the future for AOS. I have a feeling one or two may show off the next Warhammer Underworlds Warband as well.

There are nice Mechanicum and Solar Auxilia things, but space marines with minor differences are still space marines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

To be fair, you just described 70% of 40k games.

I enjoy 30k a lot more because, as Kaleb Daark says, it's basically a sci-fi historical and so the community overall is far more narrative driven - a lot more so than even AoS.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

New info about CoS tome celestial:

Expect Mount Traits for your Griffons and Black Dragons, a Grand Strategy, new Battle Tactics, plus a whole mini-campaign set in the hostile and mist-ridden environment of Ulgu.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/10/the-cities-of-sigmar-the-speediest-orks-and-a-fellowship-of-battle-reports-in-white-dwarf-470/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Higolx said:

Expect Mount Traits for your Griffons and Black Dragons, a Grand Strategy, new Battle Tactics, plus a whole mini-campaign set in the hostile and mist-ridden environment of Ulgu.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/10/the-cities-of-sigmar-the-speediest-orks-and-a-fellowship-of-battle-reports-in-white-dwarf-470/

We knew this this,its the same that got the other tome celestial updates.

But we hope we get something usefull as sons of behemat got and not the rules updates of seraphons that never gonna be used before regular generic grand strategys and tactics.

Also citys behemots gonna be bad in 3.0 even id they get good mount traits due to have saves of 4+1 and not 3 as the other armys behemots

58 minutes ago, Higolx said:

Did they forget the Phoenix exists? Or just intentionally exclude it since its clearly the best behemoth Cities have? 

7 minutes ago, Doko said:

But we hope we get something usefull as sons of behemat got and not the rules updates of seraphons that never gonna be used before regular generic grand strategys and tactics.

The seraphon rules are really good, though?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pariah7echo said:

Did they forget the Phoenix exists? Or just intentionally exclude it since its clearly the best behemoth Cities have? 

I mean, maybe because they are clearly the best they dont need as much help as the others? Thats usually how balance goes

3 minutes ago, Higolx said:

I mean, maybe because they are clearly the best they dont need as much help as the others? Thats usually how balance goes

Having just looked at my book, I've learned that the Anointed on Phoenix isn't technically a mount. Which more likely explains why it was excluded. 

6 minutes ago, Pariah7echo said:

Having just looked at my book, I've learned that the Anointed on Phoenix isn't technically a mount. Which more likely explains why it was excluded. 

Thats...an interesting choice by GW? As someone who doesnt play CoS I had no clue

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

Personally I'm not liking how many hints and nudges towards Ulgu we are getting, unless there is a new God Beast within its murky depths, it just feels to me like we are already moving on from the Era of the Beast. 

Of course I love learning about our least explored Realm, I just hope we get some more time in Ghur!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

No mount traits for Steam Tanks? Why even play Cities of Sigmar then?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Higolx said:

everything happening in Ulgu hmmmmmmmmmmm  when will be the WD out? 

If the new Nurgle Battlebox is a sign of how new starter sets are made I'm pretty glad. Limiting the amount of heroes means we can get more value from buying multiple boxes.

Why I liked the BR boxes so much. Got two Dragons and managed to buy more cheap troops second hand.

Hints of Ulgu and mount traits for my Dark Elves?! Pretty excited.

1 hour ago, Doko said:

Also citys behemots gonna be bad in 3.0 even id they get good mount traits due to have saves of 4+1 and not 3 as the other armys behemots

BoC would like a word.

1 hour ago, Doko said:

The Phoenix is good. The other ones aren't bad because of their save characteristic lol.

34 minutes ago, Horizons said:

If the new Nurgle Battlebox is a sign of how new starter sets are made I'm pretty glad. Limiting the amount of heroes means we can get more value from buying multiple boxes.

Why I liked the BR boxes so much. Got two Dragons and managed to buy more cheap troops second hand.

Hints of Ulgu and mount traits for my Dark Elves?! Pretty excited.

is it out yet where can we see it?

25 minutes ago, Horizons said:

Definitely depends on the price, the Nurgle mortal start collecting is 80 euro, Combat Patrols are 110 euro,  if that bundle is 110 euro just for the extra unit of Plaguebearers, it's not as good value as what we already have. 

Hope both Start Collecting sets remain, both Nurgle boxes are excellent and allow building either Mortal or Daemon themed armies without having to purchase units you don't really want.