The Rumour Thread

Even though 40k is still my main game, I'm more interested to see what the AOS news will be. At this point because of the B&C leak being corroborated by recent reveals we know practically every 40k release coming in 2022 and the rest of 2021 but AOS is still this gigantic mystery. 

Like, compared to how they managed the release hype and reveals of 9th ed, GW have done an incredibly poor job with 3.0 so here's hoping Saturday really re-ignites some actual hype.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bosskelot said:

Even though 40k is still my main game, I'm more interested to see what the AOS news will be. At this point because of the B&C leak being corroborated by recent reveals we know practically every 40k release coming in 2022 and the rest of 2021 but AOS is still this gigantic mystery. 

Like, compared to how they managed the release hype and reveals of 9th ed, GW have done an incredibly poor job with 3.0 so here's hoping Saturday really re-ignites some actual hype.

I feel the same way about leaks - it's weird, while they're really cool to have at the time, I do think they're a net negative when they're fully fleshed out. 

In all honesty, I think the detailed leaks we got for Dominion only hurt the hype of 3rd edition, which has only been compounded by release delays and uncertainty around AoS success. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I feel the same way about leaks - it's weird, while they're really cool to have at the time, I do think they're a net negative when they're fully fleshed out. 

In all honesty, I think the detailed leaks we got for Dominion only hurt the hype of 3rd edition, which has only been compounded by release delays and uncertainty around AoS success. 

It's actually the opposite for me. Absolute silence about the future of a system is often poison to continued interest in it. This is why there was so much hype and momentum for 9th in its first year and why 3.0 has basically landed with a damp squib. We know NOTHING about the future of the system at this point whereas this same time last year we knew that the Marine supplements were incoming with Death Guard, Drukhari, Sisters, Admech and Orks too. In the lead-up to the first Codex releases we had extensive month-long previews and leaks about what was actually coming for Marines and Necrons too which helped people plan and get ready for them. Part of why Kruleboyz don't seem to have lit the world on fire is because in the lead-up to Dominion GW's messaging about them was all over the place and we didn't get any sanctioned image leaks of them either.

GW seem very ready to leak stuff for 40K which helps to keep its momentum going whereas there's this culture of silence surrounding AOS. It's very bizarre. 

• Like 12

5 hours ago, CarkFish said:

Yeah, but it's halfling pirates ... And it's an underworlds warband

That would be epic and I would so buy that!! Especially if they were done by the same sculptor that did the BB team. 

I think I may now need Halfling pirates... GW get on it!!

{actually Halflings are absent from AoS - that would be a nice return.. }

28 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm happy with the 40k leaks. Now I know I won't be sending a single penny on it until the Squats are out.

Yep me too! Would like to get a sense of when and what they will look like though.. Similarly I'm hoping for hints of new Dwarfs for AoS at some point [although I can't see them getting anything until next year at the earliest and I doubt they will appear tomorrow].

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Copywolf said:

If the next tome is Maggotkin, has there been any rumors on kits coming with it? A toad dragon rider like Tamurkhan would be neat

No Rumours for Maggotkin. I'd wager if its Maggotkin it may just be a new Hero Model and the Tome itself.

39 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

It's actually the opposite for me. Absolute silence about the future of a system is often poison to continued interest in it. This is why there was so much hype and momentum for 9th in its first year and why 3.0 has basically landed with a damp squib. We know NOTHING about the future of the system at this point whereas this same time last year we knew that the Marine supplements were incoming with Death Guard, Drukhari, Sisters, Admech and Orks too. In the lead-up to the first Codex releases we had extensive month-long previews and leaks about what was actually coming for Marines and Necrons too which helped people plan and get ready for them. Part of why Kruleboyz don't seem to have lit the world on fire is because in the lead-up to Dominion GW's messaging about them was all over the place and we didn't get any sanctioned image leaks of them either.

GW seem very ready to leak stuff for 40K which helps to keep its momentum going whereas there's this culture of silence surrounding AOS. It's very bizarre. 

I truly hope they announce some form of release pattern for AOS this weekend. Road map or not I'd just like confirmation on the direction of things.

If the Chaos Tome drops in November I dont think we will see another Tome in December meaning in almost 6 months we've had 3 Tomes of which 2 were the Editions Launch Factions. I dont see how we will get another 21 Tomes out in the next 30 months at that rate before the next Edition unless that itself is pushed.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

No Rumours for Maggotkin. I'd wager if its Maggotkin it may just be a new Hero Model and the Tome itself.

Maggotkin could really benefit from getting a few old finecast kits replaced, like the Harbinger of Decay. Not sure if Nurgle really needs any more new heroes, they are pretty skewed in their troop/hero ratio as it is. If we are wishlisting, I think another non-hero unit of Nurgle mortals would be cool. But I don't think they add those outside of larger reworks anymore.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Maggotkin could really benefit from getting a few old finecast kits replaced, like the Harbinger of Decay. Not sure if Nurgle really needs any more new heroes, they are pretty skewed in their troop/hero ratio as it is. If we are wishlisting, I think another non-hero unit of Nurgle mortals would be cool. But I don't think they add those outside of larger reworks anymore.

Nurgle Mortals would be amazing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If it was nurgle, I would fully expect a unit of pestigors.  I think with the slaangors and tzaangors, it's only a matter of time before the rest appear.

I would expect them to be mortals and a bit tanky and probably somehow redundant in nurgle lists, but unable to be included in BoC lists 😉

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

You take that back. The Harbinger of Decay is a fantastic model and I will not hear a cross word against it! :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber

Updated Poxwalkers without the 40k, guns, grenades, etc could easily work as a new AoS Nurgle kit. They fit the look and are different enough from the larger Blightkings. I started converting a few of them, with the aim of using them as nurgle marked marauders. 

Only issue is that they maybe seen as too close to the recent Deadwalker Zombies for the Gravelords.

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

Updated Poxwalkers without the 40k, guns, grenades, etc could easily work as a new AoS Nurgle kit. They fit the look and are different enough from the larger Blightkings. I started converting a few of them, with the aim of using them as nurgle marked marauders. 

Only issue is that they maybe seen as too close to the recent Deadwalker Zombies for the Gravelords.

I really desperately want pestigors to fill the roll of nurgle horde infantry. 

I think that so far the marked Beasts have filled niches in the Beast of Chaos line with a new twist: Tzangors = Bestigor/Gors, Slaangors = Bullgors. So I would like Nurgle to get an Ungor equivalent to get a horde unit and Khorne to get a new form of Centigor as they lack light cavalry options. This way each god marked beast is unique and can find use in their specific god faction and make a fun combined force in a beast of chaos army.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

97c63177-1f37-45f2-bc6a-69cd90e9eba3.jpg.7e0f68c2086ccad201a15f79ec7a6564.jpg

Ogor Pirates!!!

I know it is going to be a ogor pirate but someone mentioned a halfling in jest earlier and I would so much prefer that as there could be a crew of 5 or 6 as opposed to what I'm guessing will be one ogor, a parrot, a monkey and probably a gnoblar or 2.