The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Chaos Shepard said:

Quick question reguarding FAQs. I don't exactly follow Stormcast and Orks that closely, but are there any major issue in their books that need clarification?

On top of the Sloggoth and Translocation needing some clarification, there are some really funny missing keywords for the Stormcast like mounts they are riding or chambers mentioned in the warscroll's name but not as a keyword.

Edited by Neverchosen

7 hours ago, edmc78 said:

Some underworlds warbands now for pre-order seperately. 

with zero indication that they're even (re-) releasing with the new cards ??? what is the point here

This 5-model set allows you to build Morgwaeth the Bloodied, Kyrae, Khamyss, Kyrssa, and Lethyr. This box is the best way to add this unit to your collection if you're not a Warhammer Underworlds player – and it's also a fantastic source of spare miniatures with which to mix up the variety in your current units. The kit is supplied in 19 plastic components, including sculpted bases. These models are push fit, and require no glue to assemble. They are supplied unpainted and require assembly – we recommend using Citadel paints.

Can You Roll A Crit has reviews up of the Harrowdeep core set, as well as the new stormcast and kruleboys warbands. Worth a look to see what has changed.

Overall I'm a little less irritated by some particular rules changes than he is and am pretty ok with the two new warbands being firmly middle-of-the-pack in terms of power, but it does confirm that I'm just done with getting new WHU stuff for now.

Harrowdeep doesn't add as much extra rules bloat as Beastgrave and Direchasm did but even adding a little makes the mess bigger. The few streamlining efforts they've made (animals not scoring objectives and flying fighters passing through lethal hexes being streamlined into Beast and Flyer card classifications like Leader or Wizard) are good but don't go far enough. We really need a pared-down refreshed WHU.

Combine that with the sharp price rises and I'm going to stick with treating it all as a casual boardgame with pre-defined decks, a combo of Nightvault/Beastgrave rules, and my existing roster of warbands. If any of the new warbands are particularly cool, maybe, but I'm mentally checked out now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 weeks till Warhammerfest!! With these new Rumours what are we hoping is shown off?

I'm personally hoping for the 2 upcoming Warbands for Underworlds, an official reveal of Warcry and it's new boxset with Warbands and a teaser of Faction updates for next year, including an Ogor Mawtribes refresh.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

2 weeks till Warhammerfest!! With these new Rumours what are we hoping is shown off?

I'm personally hoping for the 2 upcoming Warbands for Underworlds, an official reveal of Warcry and it's new boxset with Warbands and a teaser of Faction updates for next year, including an Ogor Mawtribes refresh.

Anything?

Jokes aside, Im most excited for faction updates tbh. I wanna see what they do with destruction (mostly ogor), duardin etc. I especially want to see plastic versions of older kits for the factions that still have to use resin or even metal.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Interesting that the Direchasm corebox warbands went up separately too. Usually they wait until a core box has been cycled out before doing that.

£6 hike on £15 for the Shadespire/Nightvault non-card warbands though, oof.

It was 20 euros vs 25 now, did they finally get the conversion rates to euros right?

I might get the DoK or Kurnothi one after all, the rest still isn't tasty from a price per model I actually want point of view.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Reviews for Harrowdeep are coming out and it's not sounding good.

Can You Roll A Crit identifies a lot of issues but he really, really hates that change to the do over rules. Does/did he have some sort of role in beta testing WHU? The way he talks about advocating against this rule makes it sound like he might have.

I don't tend to read John's Roll a Crit reviews anymore as he has always shown a bias depending on how he feels about GW. When he was a play tester his reviews was always biased towards every warband being amazing. About a year ago he all of a sudden stopped being a play tester and now has slowly become more passive aggressive within his reviews and in my opinion is starting to have a toxic influence within Underworlds community. Aman's reviews from Path to Glory have always seemed a bit more balanced  but that is just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Matt Effect said:

I don't tend to read John's Roll a Crit reviews anymore as he has always shown a bias depending on how he feels about GW. When he was a play tester his reviews was always biased towards every warband being amazing. About a year ago he all of a sudden stopped being a play tester and now has slowly become more passive aggressive within his reviews and in my opinion is starting to have a toxic influence within Underworlds community. Aman's reviews from Path to Glory have always seemed a bit more balanced  but that is just my opinion. 

Isn't he still a playtester though? He said he was for Harrowdeep at least.

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Reading carefully, it looks like only the Dragon Princes are confirmed for December? No word specifically on the smaller dragons.

• Like 1