The Rumour Thread

26 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

Agreed. Next week is possible though. 

I think the thing to watch for will be if we have a week of increased articles on the two principle factions (3 articles at least).

That'll be a pretty clear sign that they're hyping up again, which will probably be our best indicator. Anything less probably means we should defer our hopes for later.

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I am a bit annoyed about the updates to Warhammer legends. They claimed these wouldn‘t get changed ever again.

they updated those with new keywords - fine.

They forgot some rules (some mages lack the whole wizard paragraph). 
And they plainly forgot the S2D War Mammoth. Now there is a nerfed version in monstrous arcanum that I refuse to use. - Why the hell?

I don‘t mind updated keywords, i like it, but fundamentally fiddling with the rules of a unit that was supposed to stay how it is forever is such a bad move.

either continue to support it or don‘t. No half-way rewrite while breaking perfectly fine warscrolls.

I‘ll continue to use the S2D Warscroll for the Mammoth since it hadn’t been replaced.

I don't think this is something to expect regularly or anything - i think it is more that it's a new edition; legends or not, if it's going to be usable in a new edition you'd expect there to be some sort of update.  For example, most of the monsters were completely unusable without that monstrous ally rule.  I don't think a lot of them were perfectly fine if they could only be in grand alliances, which no longer exist.. right?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I think the thing to watch for will be if we have a week of increased articles on the two principle factions (3 articles at least).

That'll be a pretty clear sign that they're hyping up again, which will probably be our best indicator. Anything less probably means we should defer our hopes for later.

Maybe the things to watch are news about the AoS app.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

In the olden days the articles really first picked  up the week before preorder, so after it was already announced for preorder the following week. It is just these AoS tomes that has been teased for months on end now.

I expect at best they do the worst they promised last, which is September preorder as late as possible, so 25th. At this point I will not be surprised at all they end up saying "before christmas" and purging everything else mentioning the previous date in older articles. They have picked up more steam for Black Templars now, so the delays probably make it so they fit in Black Templars in the end and further delay AoS stuff.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

What if the legends units will come back for matched after TOW bring them new model?
It would make sense or i'm too naive?

has anything made legends ever been ressurrected?  I think it's more likely a new official model with a slightly different name (like adding an adjective or descriptor to the same thing, or something)  would appear.  the sort of option where you can easily count as your old forgeworld goodness, but otherwise a new name and warscroll for the new release.  

like..  Norscan Skin Wolves  as opposed to just Skin Wolves,  that sort of thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Unironically, this mess with the battletomes and SCE/KRB releases made me get into Marvel Crisis Protocol...

Kinda tilted now about the whole thing - end of 2.0 felt like a true turnaround for AOS and its back to feeling messy

I also bought a bunch of models for a different tabletop game I started playing. I'm pretty over GW's chicanery.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Happy for my future greenskinned brothers getting their codex. Wasn't keen that it was limited to the box set initially.

Plus once they're up for pre-order I can have a look over the kits hunting for some new heads and other bits. 

• Like 1

The delay between Dominion and the Tomes is actually less than Indomitus and the Codexes. It was a 3 month wait for those, whereas this is going to be 2 months.

What's making this feel longer is that GW are being far more tight-lipped about the direction of AOS than they were with 40k 9th. On Indomitus release day, they had their Codex show livestream that revealed basically everything remaining modelwise (I think?) but also showed off a ton of rules too. It also had sneak peeks of the new DG, Admech, Drukhari, Sisters and Ork models which gave people some idea as to what was coming next.

Not only did the Dominion livestream not reveal any rules, it didn't have any previews or sneak peeks for other upcoming AOS releases either. And the trickle of information since then has been slow and minor.

In September 2020 the Codexes were still a month out, but we still knew a lot of rules information and knew that after Marines and Necrons, we were getting BA/SW/DW supplements and Admech, DA, DG, Drukhari, Sisters and Orks at some point after those. What information do we have about AOS lmao

EDIT: and what makes this even worse is that one of the factions in the Dominion box set is basically unusable in-game currently.

Edited by Bosskelot
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, edmc78 said:

That combat patrol is a great deal. 

edit: I'm dumb. i was complaining about how monopose the boyz were, but they literally copied and pasted the same group of 10 twice in their image. 

hopefully there is customization but I'm worried its the slave to darkness treatment. 

Edited by sorokyl

9 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Looks like they may also have missed/cancelled Loremasters? Was supposed to be on ploos from the 1st but hasn’t been announced.

Depends how many they have filmed and if it’s only Wade presenting them. If it’s only Wade and they’ve only filmed a few shows, it’s going to be delayed as he’s had health issues.

• Thanks 1