The Rumour Thread

image.jpeg.09f11d945d555887362dd116a853b3ff.jpeg

Please tell me that the thing on the left is a cheeky tease for a new remastered chimera model ?! ( I know, unlikely) 

The current manticore and chimera was are absolutely dire, I'd love to see a plastic AoS'd version of the mierce chimera, it's a classic chimera and just plain gorgeous sculpt.

mrm_dkl_ysn_kys_mbs_901_000_01_large.png

however,  having the GW chimera budget I butchered mine quite extensively to get it to a more pleasing state but I still can't get over just how bad it is.

37195121095_5228784037_c.jpg

37195120525_a00f7745e0_c.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

image.jpeg.09f11d945d555887362dd116a853b3ff.jpeg

Please tell me that the thing on the left is a cheeky tease for a new remastered chimera model ?! ( I know, unlikely) 

That is just the cover of the GHB 21. The Chimera got reboxed in the Warcry box not long ago, so I doubt they would have done that if a new one was in the making unfortunately. Age of Sigmar General's Handbook 2021: Matched Play Missions – Goonhammer

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

*Chimera snip*

I'd love if the Chimera and Manticore were redone. They're great monsters (as in conceptually) but I just can't get behind the strange pot belly, gangly/odd proportions that they both seem to have. I'm sure at the time they were impressive, but compared to most new monsters, they really just don't fit the bill anymore. 

I would have totally bought a Chaos Lord on Manticore if the Manticore itself didn't look like a strange gorilla/lion mutant. 

• Like 2

Yay new article, another one about book artwork, with mostly images we have seen, there is a few new ones though, some from the previous battletome as well :/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/20/which-battletome-has-the-best-artwork-stormcast-eternals-or-orruk-warclans/

Stay tuned for the next article where they highlight the Font selection process ;) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

X4TpWcmj1Z5bnXs3.jpg

That Vindictor (?) in the bottom has an axe and a cool helmet. 

...is that a Thunderstrike armor Evocator? :o

Thinking that might be the artists impression of a Knight Relictor. Could also very likely be rule of cool and just something the artist felt like making :)

New Stormcast Eternal Knight-Relictor: ageofsigmar

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

I'm wondering...do these art pieces mean Orruks are getting a release? I wonder if even the Stormcast could get a book, but we all know how poorly GW treat them.

Agreed. Also, can we get some of these humans they’ve been teasing for years now? I’m serious this piece of art is stunning and I’m really annoyed that there isn’t a model for anyone beyond the storm bois:image.jpeg.d9182e5feccf903802fde02b074f906e.jpeg

• Like 1

Gryph-hound's very cute but it's nothing, nothing at all compared to the perfection that is an adorable plushie plague daemon.

Making a giant one of those for that store reopening is a masterstroke, working under the iron law of "small thing but big = good" just as effectively as the entire Adeptus Titanicus range operates on the iron law of "big thing but small = good".

• Like 2