The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

I mean, personally I want faction-specific grand strategies and battle tactics, and I'm even ok with faction-specific core battalions if they're well done.

I'm fine with Grand Strategies, Battle Tactics, Heroic Actions or even Monstruous Rampage exclusive to each army (and it could be really fun). But I'm a bit confused with Core Battalions becasue that's what we had before with Warscroll Battalions (that's the main reason that they pointed why AoS moved to Core Batallions). 

I will wait  until I play some games before making an strong opinion about this, but at the moment, it's a bit odd.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Faction-specific secondaries have been a large source of haves and have-nots in 40k (a game that has significantly stricter design constrains than AOS). They'll be just as much of a disaster here. GW is not competent enough to create alternative options that are equally valuable. Just look at literally any battletome - you have a bunch of stuff of wildly different power levels, even within a single book designed by a single person.

I mean, just look at the existing grand strategies and battle tactics. These are not a list of tightly balanced options all with pluses and minuses, they're full of things that are either auto-takes or never-takes. Grand strategies in particular are a bit of a joke, all they do is reward skew in list-building, the exact opposite of what a good game system should do, and the choice of which to take is almost never tactical, it's simply "what's the thing I have the most of? take that." If they can't even create a vaguely internally balanced and tactically compelling list of generic GS and BT, how are they possibly going to do it across different factions?

All it will do is create winners and losers, the exact reason they stated they getting rid of faction-specific battalions. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Use Facebook groups, eBay, or create a topic post. What are you selling?

Most of the Lumineth box(-Eltharion, partially built), the Necron half of indomitus, and the Kruelboyz half of dominion. Got myself pumped for templars and would like to buy their launch box.

2 hours ago, HanShot First said:

Hey quick question, where would you guys sell used models? Trying to find the best spot to get rid of them quick and also make a decent amount of cash.

Facebook tends to be more direct and quicker on takers, but they can also be VERY flakey (a lot of "Hey are you still selling X?" and then silence). 

Ebay's swings and round abouts, plus selling fees, but you're probably reaching the most people overall. 

3 hours ago, HanShot First said:

Hey quick question, where would you guys sell used models? Trying to find the best spot to get rid of them quick and also make a decent amount of cash.

Reddit has a sub called miniswap. When I sold my eldar off it was so fast that paypal flagged my account for suspicious transactions lol

@yukishiro1

Completely agree but that's exactly why I expected that too. If WAR40k has Secondaries, at least to me was clear that AoS could have something like that too. Maybe not a copy&paste, but I expected diferent ways to earn victory points for each faction and after reading about Battle tactics and Grand Strategies, I assumed that the first battletomes would have their own. Btw, the generic ones are really boring.

But, AoS 3.0 presentation pointed out that Warscroll Battalions had some power-creep discrepancies between battletomes and they fixe'd that with Core Battalions for everyone (even if they are seasonal like GHB's ones). That was their main selling point... until now.

That's why I didn't expect SoB Core Battalions, but as I said before, I will wait until I play some games before I start complaining.

If we just want to point out that GW games are not balanced, yes, totally agree. 

Edited by Beliman
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Beliman said:

I'm fine with Grand Strategies, Battle Tactics, Heroic Actions or even Monstruous Rampage exclusive to each army (and it could be really fun). But I'm a bit confused with Core Battalions becasue that's what we had before with Warscroll Battalions (that's the main reason that they pointed why AoS moved to Core Batallions). 

I will wait  until I play some games before making an strong opinion about this, but at the moment, it's a bit odd.

Is there any chance that those battalions in the new stormcast book are just for open and narrative play, just like all the other faction specific formations?

• Like 2

I think the battalion issue is as much a communication problem as anything else.

They gave the impression (deliberately or otherwise) that faction specific battalions were irretrievably broken and that core battalions available for everyone would be the answer to that.

Except, while GW was telling us that, they have been designing the game to have faction specific battalions as a significant part. I feel like I'd be totally on board if they had just described it as a reworking of the whole system from the get go, but the get rid of it then immediately add it back thing is kinda frustrating.

Faction specific strategies and battle tactics are less of a problem but I still think it adds to a general bloat of information you need to know and understand to do well. I'm not all that bothered, but I could see why more competitive players would find that frustrating.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

I think the battalion issue is as much a communication problem as anything else.

They gave the impression (deliberately or otherwise) that faction specific battalions were irretrievably broken and that core battalions available for everyone would be the answer to that.

Except, while GW was telling us that, they have been designing the game to have faction specific battalions as a significant part. I feel like I'd be totally on board if they had just described it as a reworking of the whole system from the get go, but the get rid of it then immediately add it back thing is kinda frustrating.

Faction specific strategies and battle tactics are less of a problem but I still think it adds to a general bloat of information you need to know and understand to do well. I'm not all that bothered, but I could see why more competitive players would find that frustrating.

This falls under that whole lack of transparency thing GW always does. They never say anything on purpose and likely never will tell us ahead of time what their long term plans are which always leads back to this...massive confusion and frustration

• Like 2

I want to get people's opinion on this as I was discussing it with my partner and he said it had changed his plans for the new Kruelboyz release. Initially he was really excited for it and all of the big monsters, but because the rules and models are taking so long to come out, he's second guessing himself and the hype is dying down.

I'm wondering if this is happening/has happened to anyone else? It does seem that AoS 3 came out with all this uproar and now has shrunk behind 40k and Kill Team, with lots of models we know exist but don't know the rules for and hype is slowly dying down for these new factions. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

I want to get people's opinion on this as I was discussing it with my partner and he said it had changed his plans for the new Kruelboyz release. Initially he was really excited for it and all of the big monsters, but because the rules and models are taking so long to come out, he's second guessing himself and the hype is dying down.

I'm wondering if this is happening/has happened to anyone else? It does seem that AoS 3 came out with all this uproar and now has shrunk behind 40k and Kill Team, with lots of models we know exist but don't know the rules for and hype is slowly dying down for these new factions. 

Im mostly in a holding position until stuff is released. Focusing now on 40k Orks. I was hyped for Kruelboyz but now im more hyped for the new SCE book as it has way more options and diversity then Kruelboyz.  I wanted to like Kruelbozy but having only one infantry unit with only one more conditional battleline is strange and possibly unwieldy 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Enoby said:

That's exactly how I feel. My kruleboyz are not even build...

• Sad 1

Yeah big same with my stormcast, i was all aboard for the new style minis but now im not even sure ill get the army book. Though, also very much the same for Kill team, the roadmap for that was the last nail in the coffin if there will be starter boxes with forces i actually want in rather than kinda fancy but the seemingly endless previews for both have had a huge chilling effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/12/2021 at 6:31 AM, Ogregut said:

We don't know that warscrolls won't still be free on the new app and even if they are put behind a paywall, you can still download them from the GW site. 

Except that none of the currently available Thunderstrike Stormcast or Kruelboyz models have downloadable warscrolls on the webstore. Although possible it’s because they’re only available in boxsets currently, Soul Wars still had the warscroll downloads. This suggests to me they’re either waiting until the battletome releases (like they did for The Crimson Court in Soulblight), or AoS is no longer doing free warscrolls

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Enoby said:

The AoS 3.0 launch was not impressive no. I really enjoy the new edition though and even got dominion, expecting to have battletomes follow in short order, but with the release endlessly dragging on, I have not even gotten the motivation to paint any of the dominion models. I got limited time and paint for events I want to take specific armylists to, and with no book I got no direction or plan. 

With an even coming in October this constant dragging out from what I expected would be a lot sooner has been extremely frustrating and I will end up with way too little time now, to paint up and do what I wanted to do for the event. These new battletomes should have been on preorder no later than a month after the release date of dominion.

But what can you expect, there is not even a FAQ out yet for GHB21. Combine this with the content creator fiasco GW should consider a bit more transparency and reconnect with tier customers and community.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Mine is likely marinara dipping sauce 

Coffee stains for me. 

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

It's funny, I was actually feeling this way until yesterday's article on some of the new options available for Stormcast. It touched on some things I've been wanting to be able to do with them for ages and pulled me back out of the lethargy caused by waiting so long for the release (at least for the moment.)

Warclans are supposed to get a similar article today, which I'm looking forward to as well. 

Regardless, the long wait would definitely strain the enthusiasm of even the most patient fan, and I'm sure we're all feeling it. The only good thing to come of it is I've now saved up a bunch of money to spend on the new models. They just, you know, need to actually be released first . . .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noserenda said:

Yeah big same with my stormcast, i was all aboard for the new style minis but now im not even sure ill get the army book. Though, also very much the same for Kill team, the roadmap for that was the last nail in the coffin if there will be starter boxes with forces i actually want in rather than kinda fancy but the seemingly endless previews for both have had a huge chilling effect.

Same. They really put me off with their empty articles with minimal (and repetitive) insights and their constant „soon“. - It‘s been over a month, THAT‘S NOT SOON.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

I have this and I also have complete and utter choice paralysis. I play sce, I don’t have the budget to buy everything. I want to start a new faction, I can’t choose which one, and I can’t afford to buy all the stuff I like and then it just be terrible or uncompetitive in my group’s meta.

because broadly we don’t know what anything will do or what’s next, and the prices are only going to go one way.  I started slaanesh just before the new book and ghb21. Killed any enthuasiam for that. 

a few years ago when gw switched to this weekly release schedule, there were no previews. I think I almost preferred that because you could see it, get hyped, and buy it or not buy it almost immediately. Now do I get the sce tome? What are the surprises? Do I start tzeentch as my second aos3 faction? Is that going to get the Oct chaos update and render my freshly bought book useless?

So what I’ve done is nothing at all. I’m just waiting, and not really knowing what for.

• Like 2

• Subscriber

Well GW have just posted a road map for the rest of the 2021 40k codex releases, although still with keeping mystery around the final 2. 

Something like this would no doubt help those people unsure on what's coming down the line. 

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

Definitely for me the same way. I really like the models, as a bonesplitterz player I won't be too sad if there is no cavalry. (I wouldn't mind getting them either, but I already have 1,6k points of boarboyz/maniaks).

It's kinda like a hype or theory craft burn out for me. 

The annoying thing is you always get your hopes up for new models or a release date that is soon. GW just keeps hyping but the slow schedule always makes it disappointing for me. Warhammer fest was q good example