The Rumour Thread

I like the idea of updates in whitedwarf this way armies will get there update faster instead of waiting 2 years for a tome or campaing book. (I rather have them free online in FAQ, but that isn't gonna happen). 

If Sons are the only ones getting new core battalions it is fine, they have a very limited and unique unit roster. Which doesn't really fit with the generic core battalions. But I think it would be a bad idea to release any other faction specific core battalions.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

"Speaking of which, check back here tomorrow for a look at some of the flexible new options coming in the Orruk Warclans battletome."

I know it's not, but

GNASHTOOTH CAVALRY CONFIRMED

...I want to believe

haha! never stop believing... but be aware that Bin guy will punish you for having hope in the Kruleboyz battletome!

• Subscriber

Speaking of which, check back here tomorrow for a look at some of the flexible new options coming in the Orruk Warclans battletome.

Hopefully this will give is a preview of how the different warclans all interact with each other and an idea of the differences between solo KB/IJ/BS and them as a combined force. 

Good to see everyone is waiting to see the whole rules before declaring them broken or rubbish 🙄

I vote for bin and sin to be censured 😜  Whoever came up with sin and bin guy, I hope their dice always roll cold! 

I'm really looking forward to getting the SCE and Orruks battletomes, seems they are going to be quite versatile. 

I'm fine with white dwarf updates as well, makes sense to put the stop gap updates in the magazine along with more more background and narrative stuff

• Like 7
  • Confused 4

3.0 meta long live our glorious annihilator overlords 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Grand Strategy: Dominating Presence
- Triumphs: Inspired
Lord Imperatant (160)
3 x Annihilators (190)
3 x Annihilators (190)
3 x Annihilators (190)
3 x Annihilators (190)
3 x Annihilators (190)
3 x Annihilators (190)
3 x Annihilators (190)
3 x Annihilators (190)
3 x Aetherwings (45)
3 x Aetherwings (45)
3 x Aetherwings (45)
3 x Aetherwings (45)
3 x Aetherwings (45)
3 x Aetherwings (45)
3 x Aetherwings (45)

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 121
Drops: 16

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Battletome: Sons of Behemat Update

All-new battle tactics and grand strategies mean that your Mega-Gargants now have even more ways to earn victory points by doing the things they love the most – punting objectives and hurling little men, women, skaven, and even daemons around.

In this battletome update, you’ll also find two faction-specific core battalions that give you novel ways to build armies.

teletubbies-laa-laa.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYHA_7vxrgc 

• Like 3

What a great day for news, first SoB get battalion rules and now many new battleline options for my stormcast army, my extremis chamber with dracothian guards really eyeing hammers of sigmar now! Liberators closing in on the bin though xD Looking forward to see the orruk options as well, would be nice if they remember that the warclans do not only have Kruleboyz and reveal a tiny bit for the other boyz.

• Like 4

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Beliman said:

A lot of battlelines for SCE. Really curious to see what warclans will become with the same philosophy.

So far we have the following as Big Waaagh batteline:

Gutrippaz
Ardboyz
Brutes
Gore-gruntas
Boarboys
Arrowboys
Savage Orruks

With the following battleline for Bonesplitterz only
Morboys
Boarboy Maniaks

Then there are other KB units that could be conditional battleline, such as Hobgrots and Boltboyz. 

3 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Then there are other KB units that could be conditional battleline, such as Hobgrots and Boltboyz. 

Boltboyz are confirmed to be battleline in one of Kruleboyz's subfaction.

Let's hope for more conditional battlelines!!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

So far we have the following as Big Waaagh batteline:

Gutrippaz
Ardboyz
Brutes
Gore-gruntas
Boarboys
Arrowboys
Savage Orruks

With the following battleline for Bonesplitterz only
Morboys
Boarboy Maniaks

Boarboys arent even on the usa site anymore...

Edited by Vasshpit

Considering the newness of the Sons of Behemat, this is likely the only way they'd have gotten a 3e update for awhile. I do think the use of White Dwarf as a way to provide "patches" to armies is probably a fair way to do it. I wonder if Lumineth or DoK may be next. Perhaps SBGL.

I figured faction-specific core battalions, grand strategies, and battle tactics were inevitable honestly. And to be frank, I still think core battalions will never reach the stage of absurdity and abuse that battletome ones did. This is still a more fair system. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Considering the newness of the Sons of Behemat, this is likely the only way they'd have gotten a 3e update for awhile. I do think the use of White Dwarf as a way to provide "patches" to armies is probably a fair way to do it. I wonder if Lumineth or DoK may be next. Perhaps SBGL.

I figured faction-specific core battalions, grand strategies, and battle tactics were inevitable honestly. And to be frank, I still think core battalions will never reach the stage of absurdity and abuse that battletome ones did. This is still a more fair system. 

Agreed. I think Sons of Behemat don't fit in most of the current core battalions anyway, this is a nice way to give them something while the books arrive.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Really depends on what the benefits will be for the new faction specific core battalions. If they stick to the standard list from the rule book and just introduce special unit combinations then yeah, it's unlikely they'll be anywhere near as absurd as the previous version. However we already have precedent in the GHB with the Ghur battalion that has a special rule, so I see no reason why they wouldn't do the same in the faction specific ones. Will SCE get to shoot one unit in the hero phase? Will Khorne get increased range on their bloodsecrator? Who knows. All I'm sure of after this announcement is that dropping the old battalions from matched play was a ploy to get people to buy new models, plain and simple. Destroy the way that every list was written, force people to adapt, then slowly re-introduce it book by book. It's classic GW through and through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

SoB can't really take any of the core battalions unless you run like one mega and a bunch of mancrushers. I don't have a problem with them getting an option or two to help them actually use the feature. I don't see why that has to mean it's all invalidated and we're jumping back to the have and have nots of warscroll battalions again.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

SoB can't really take any of the core battalions unless you run like one mega and a bunch of mancrushers. I don't have a problem with them getting an option or two to help them actually use the feature. I don't see why that has to mean it's all invalidated and we're jumping back to the have and have nots of warscroll battalions again.

Exactly core battalions was a system to get rid of the have and have nots, SoB just ended up being have nots anyway due to how their battlefield roles work.  One could argue all day how good they are right now or not, however if they cant interact with the core system, then it needed a fix, nice to see it addressed relatively early.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

If they need a patch to work in the new edition because they aren’t getting a battletome it should be free and available day 1.

Putting it in WD is a ****** way to milk content  and makes people wait for no reason 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

It's not just core battalions, it's also grand strategies and battle tactics. And you can bet your last penny GW hasn't yet extracted from you that you will see this same thing for every other faction. There is zero chance that SoB will be the only ones with their own battalions, grand strategies, and battle tactics. 

If there is really a problem with SoB not being able to access the universal battalions, just fix that directly by allowing them to fit into them - i.e. let mega-gargants serve either as leaders or sub-leaders. This opens up most battalions to them. Problem solved, without introducing haves or have nots. SoB gets the same thing everybody else gets. 

GW just can't help themselves here. As soon as they wipe the slate clean and tell everyone it's to give everyone an even playing field, they immediately start putting unevenly distributed bloat back in. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

It's not just core battalions, it's also grand strategies and battle tactics. And you can bet your last penny GW hasn't yet extracted from you that you will see this same thing for every other faction. There is zero chance that SoB will be the only ones with their own battalions, grand strategies, and battle tactics. 

If there is really a problem with SoB not being able to access the universal battalions, just fix that directly by allowing them to fit into them - i.e. let mega-gargants serve either as leaders or sub-leaders. This opens up most battalions to them. Problem solved, without introducing haves or have nots. SoB gets the same thing everybody else gets. 

GW just can't help themselves here. As soon as they wipe the slate clean and tell everyone it's to give everyone an even playing field, they immediately start putting unevenly distributed bloat back in. 

I definitely think there was a need to reset.

I'm not even saying you're wrong here - it's definitely possible and wouldn't be surprising... however, it is also possible they saw the current battalions as so shattershot the only way to try to make parity, even asymmetrical parity, was to start over.

This could do that - there is now a baseline with the core that more or less has a value system, and very clear 'rewards'.   They very well may want there to be different options in the books as time goes on, just have them more on par to some sort of baseline.  Does it allow power creep?  It could, but there is no denying that a reset at the very least slows that from where it was.  Ideally, there will be a couple extra battalions that play to the strengths while more or less keeping within the framework of how they are now built (not specific units, but unit types - with bonuses not dissimilar to what is already on the table).  

I honestly see a lot of potential for battalions for different factions that do not necessarily make someone a have or have not - the core is a base so everyone has something, and hopefully any faction specific ones will just be minor tweaks as opposed to things to design your list around, etc.