The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

The Stormcast codex points shown in the how to play videos said Updated July, all other tomes were released the same month as the updated month, so right now there is no reason to believe that tome wont be released in July. GW obviously knew that would be shown.

Books are printed months in advance. All that image from the learn to play video tells us is that they wanted to release the book in July, but with the pandemic still causing issues it could have been delayed (eg Space Marines and Necrons last year not coming until October, with the last of the new kits only arriving a month or 2 ago)

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Whitefang like reacted mate. You're on it, they're dropping in July!!

Unless Whitefang works for the distribution department of GW I don't think even they would know for sure when new releases are coming out. 

We know the are still considerable delays at GW. The Grey Knight and Thousand sons codexes are already late with no release date in sight. 

I've always wondered how flexible gw are with these things. Since Dominion hasn't sold out, it might make sense to delay the starter sets and bring out the battletomes first or they might want to bring out some big 40k releases and allow Dominion to trundle along in the background. 

My feeling about the battletomes is best case - July, worst case - September. We should find out the details next Saturday. 

I'm hoping for sooner rather than later. I haven't settled in a Dominion pre-order yet and more clarity about future releases would definitely help me decide. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Books are printed months in advance. All that image from the learn to play video tells us is that they wanted to release the book in July, but with the pandemic still causing issues it could have been delayed (eg Space Marines and Necrons last year not coming until October, with the last of the new kits only arriving a month or 2 ago)

It sounds like you’re in denial that SCE are getting a new book in July. :D

I'm guessing new Stormcast and Orruk Warclan Battletomes release at the same time just like Stormcast and Nighthaunt did last edition? Hope we see a few new models for Orruks and a monster or two. Would be wicked to see Yndrasta bringing some Pegasus knight like units too.

• LOVE IT! 1

49 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

It sounds like you’re in denial that SCE are getting a new book in July. :D

if that new book does not include all of the reinforcement kits (especially the 2 we've already been shown) then I wouldn't mind a delay as I don't want to have to buy 2 books like Lumineth did

has GW ever put unreleased kits in battletomes before?

Edited by CommissarRotke

9 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

if that new book does not include all of the reinforcement kits (especially the 2 we've already been shown) then I wouldn't mind a delay as I don't want to have to buy 2 books like Lumineth did

Kindof with the 8th edition Death Guard codex. The Mephitic Blight Hauler was nowhere to be seen with the rest of the release and even a month later GW said on Facebook it didn't have a planned release yet. It ended up coming out like 4 months or so later. But that kinda seemed like there was a problem with that kit or something.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

They used to do it all the time. Several Warhammer fantasy characters never got kits. Recently we have situations like the sisters book which has been out for several weeks but is still waiting for the remainder of their kits, or the Marines and Necrons which took 7 months to get all the kits from the books released. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

I'm guessing new Stormcast and Orruk Warclan Battletomes release at the same time just like Stormcast and Nighthaunt did last edition? Hope we see a few new models for Orruks and a monster or two. Would be wicked to see Yndrasta bringing some Pegasus knight like units too.

I am thinking if I run SCE I would forgo cavalry to give them a unique identity among my collection... no idea how I will factor the new Chariot into this equation. However, pegasus knights to back up Yndrasta would be an insta purchase for me. 

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

Unless Whitefang works for the distribution department of GW I don't think even they would know for sure when new releases are coming out. 

We know the are still considerable delays at GW. The Grey Knight and Thousand sons codexes are already late with no release date in sight. 

I've always wondered how flexible gw are with these things. Since Dominion hasn't sold out, it might make sense to delay the starter sets and bring out the battletomes first or they might want to bring out some big 40k releases and allow Dominion to trundle along in the background. 

My feeling about the battletomes is best case - July, worst case - September. We should find out the details next Saturday. 

I'm hoping for sooner rather than later. I haven't settled in a Dominion pre-order yet and more clarity about future releases would definitely help me decide. 

apparently they won't be release them until the new Apps is online judging by the Article 

The new and improved app will be available to download in a beta version later this year, sometime before the first Battletomes for the new edition.

1 hour ago, armisael said:

Just thinking that they change the wording to “later in the year” because they don’t want to effect the sell of GHB.

Seemed to me more like expectation management.

If for some reason they can't get them out by the end of July, people will kick off and point to tht article and feel cheated.

No fixed time frame gives them a lot more leeway.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Chikout said:

My feeling about the battletomes

Thank you for accurately calling them battletomes.

Edit: To avoid confusion - I hate, hate, hate when people call the book a Codex. That's 40K. AoS has Battletomes.

If folks want a generic, use "book."

I was just commending you for your accuracy.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, pixieproxy said:

Personally I also love the trope of characters sounding really articulate to each other but when talking to someone less versed in their language or what have you it sounds much less so.

Flesh-Eater Cours likes this ;)

Edited by Nuriel
  • Like 1

We still have all these unsolved Rumour Engine which could pertain to either Kruelboyz or SCE.

I'm wondering if the bottom middle piece is a part of a Terrain feature for Kruelboyz.

And with Soulblight fully released an no Vultures in sight, I'm fully on the Ogor Mawtribes for the Vulture in the bottom right hand corner.

20210626_100858.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

We still have all these unsolved Rumour Engine which could pertain to either Kruelboyz or SCE.

I'm wondering if the bottom middle piece is a part of a Terrain feature for Kruelboyz.

And with Soulblight fully released an no Vultures in sight, I'm fully on the Ogor Mawtribes for the Vulture in the bottom right hand corner.

20210626_100858.jpg

No Mawtribes Vultures @Whitefang? Maybe something else present in these pics are for the Hungry Brutes?

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

20210626_100858.jpg

I wonder if the vultures could be for a new harbinger of decay for Nurgle? The old model had crows, but I could see them doing vultures.

• Sad 1