The Rumour Thread

45 minutes ago, The Mysterious Mr B said:

Time for the Dispossessed to become the Repossessed! 

Maybe my theory about the meaning of Grungni 'shaking up the pantheon' is more accurate than even I thought.

"Reposessed" sounds more like a few angry looking Kharadron getting what they are owed than something benevolent...

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Whitefang has reacted spoken. New Seraphon expansion?

image.png.eaa87ba71adc1aa5f22d9c31567ed261.png

We got a lot of hints from Whitefang over the past month or so about dragons coming, the almighty even pointed out one in the Kragnos cave painting and mentioned it’s forked tail specifically :) exciting times ahead! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shearl said:

I’m not convinced the kruelboy shields are supposed to be squigs. They’re reminiscent of the old hammer face shields which weren’t based off squigs. Plus many of the shields have details like studs which directly correlate with the face/helmet of the orc carrying it. I think they’re just supposed to be brightly painted faces to scare their foes.

Yes , a tribute to Kevin Adams' orcs face shields 

48401282391_a8b33922b9_b.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

Heavy spoilers about latest WD: There is a story in the latest wd, where Grungni is watching suffering of duardin through ages.

Everyone else is fleeing to Azyrheim for the coming chaos, but main point of story is duardin are made of stronger stuff. In the end he makes Grombrindal in his forge to unite duardin.

I really hope all of these WD Dwarf stories are collected somewhere eventually. 

Torn though, don't want a soup (which is again heavily hinted) but can't help to think of how cool it would be to have Grungi or Grombrindal model leading a united army, retaking the old Karak's. 

Edited by King Under the Mountain
  • Like 5

Honestly... I think widespread souping is a good idea. Early AoS's habit of taking hyper-narrow unit selections from WHFB armies and trying to turn them into whole factions has resulted in some unsatisfying results, and there are currently so many factions that it's going to take most of an edition cycle to get the bulk of them updated to the new rules.

Order in particular needs it, with its tidal wave of factions. I hope DoK and the theorised Umbraneth get souped together along with the lingering Dark Elf stuff from CoS; slap any new Kurnothi in with Sylvaneth; soup any new Duardin in with at least one of Fyreslayers or Kharadron (although I think there's a good argument for Kharadron Overlords to remain separate).

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

Honestly... I think widespread souping is a good idea. Early AoS's habit of taking hyper-narrow unit selections from WHFB armies and trying to turn them into whole factions has resulted in some unsatisfying results, and there are currently so many factions that it's going to take most of an edition cycle to get the bulk of them updated to the new rules.

Order in particular needs it, with its tidal wave of factions. I hope DoK and the theorised Umbraneth get souped together along with the lingering Dark Elf stuff from CoS; slap any new Kurnothi in with Sylvaneth; soup any new Duardin in with at least one of Fyreslayers or Kharadron (although I think there's a good argument for Kharadron Overlords to remain separate).

I agree with everything you said, especially the last part.  That's the one reason I don't want a Dwarf soup is because Kharadron will lose some of their uniqueness and potential.  I think they have a lot of design space on their own and are different from Dispossessed/Fyreslayers as Deepkin are to Lumineth. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

So much this. "Hyper-narrow" factions lead to abandoned factions, which is possibly the worst feeling for both hobby oriented people and "gamers".

Edited by Greybeard86
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I could imagine Kruleboyz with warclans, Dawnbringers with cities, Umbraneth with DoK, New Duardin with Fyreslayers and/or KO, Chaos Duardin with slaves to darkness and Kurnothi with Slyvaneth. 

That would give six new factions but possibly one less battletome than we currently have. I'm not sure I actually want this plan but it would make a certain amount of sense. It would let GW add a bunch of new things without making it impossible to keep up with updates in the future. 

• Like 1

Yup the White Dwarf stories are pretty good, well, except the one where some wizard keeps calling Gotrek a Fyreslayer, racial slurs arent cool :P

I suspect it means a new White Dwarf model as their God figure, Grungi definitely seems more like a "behind the scenes" figure for now.

2+ Tough has a video up on something we haven't actually heard much about yet, the background of Dominion:

It's definitely what you might call starter box background but of interest is that the kruleboys have a pretty cool goal: to poison the living continents of Ghur themselves, make Thondia recoil and contort in pain like a great animal so as to crack open the free cities of Ghur with earthquakes and geological shifting. More to the point, this is meant to destroy Donse, Kragnos's former home, and drive him into such a rage that he'll launch into an eternal rampage through the realms and grant the kruleboys and other orks the forever war they want.

Speaks to a certain Morky vision on the part of kruleboys, which is nice, and apparently there's emphasis on Kragnos being the unwitting dupe and force of nature for the greenskins rather than a deity to be hailed.

• Like 18

I do not get how kharadron Overlords would follow grungi or any dwarf god considering they only came about because the dwarven gods abandoned them in favour of helping sigmar, Their book of grudges for him alone would be massive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greybeard86 said:

Khazuk Khazuk Khazuk-ha! Khazuk Khazuk Khazuk-ha! Khazuk Khazuk Khazuk-ha!

White_Dwarf_Grombrindal.jpg

I actually ran out of reactions when I got to this!! 

Yeah I really hope Grungni, after rearming the stormcast has kept the best stuff for his own people. Would love to see some new dwarf sculpts retaking the Karaks , definitely would not say no to a new Grombrindal model or Grungni either. I'm hoping his return has been seen as such a big deal that dwarfs get a good release not too far away [early 2022?]. If they made the new faction Lumineth sized that would just be golden.. grudges to be settled big style.. Very tempted to buy that WD just for the story, I really hope they bring the collected stories out as a novella or something . I agree KO would be great if separate but I can handle them sitting beside their brothers, they could get some models as part of a larger dwarf release. Excited to see what the design team can do with dwarfs now, the recent KO character sculpts have been amazing and even those new stormcast give me ideas of what new dwarfs could be- heavy elaborate armour with ancestor faces .. big axes.. proper cannons... I may need to sit down...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

39 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

2+ Tough has a video up on something we haven't actually heard much about yet, the background of Dominion:

It's definitely what you might call starter box background but of interest is that the kruleboys have a pretty cool goal: to poison the living continents of Ghur themselves, make Thondia recoil and contort in pain like a great animal so as to crack open the free cities of Ghur with earthquakes and geological shifting. More to the point, this is meant to destroy Donse, Kragnos's former home, and drive him into such a rage that he'll launch into an eternal rampage through the realms and grant the kruleboys and other orks the forever war they want.

Speaks to a certain Morky vision on the part of kruleboys, which is nice, and apparently there's emphasis on Kragnos being the unwitting dupe and force of nature for the greenskins rather than a deity to be hailed.

There‘s two things I love especially about this: Kruleboys being truly cruel on a more than physical level, and the potential for Kragnos to be a tragic character.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I actually ran out of reactions when I got to this!! 

Grudge!

Would love to see some new dwarf sculpts retaking the Karaks [...] they made the new faction Lumineth sized that would just be golden.. grudges to be settled big style.. [...]  ideas of what new dwarfs could be- heavy elaborate armour with ancestor faces .. big axes.. proper cannons... I may need to sit down...

Sit here:

300px-ThorgrimGrudgebearer.jpg

Edited by Greybeard86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I really hope all of these WD Dwarf stories are collected somewhere eventually. 

Torn though, don't want a soup (which is again heavily hinted) but can't help to think of how cool it would be to have Grungi or Grombrindal model leading a united army, retaking the old Karak's. 

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

All the Duardin stories in white dwarf have been great. David Guymer really gets the race. I hope they get released as a collection in the future. 

I really hope this happens, I would gladly pay GW money for an omnibus featuring all the stories. 

2 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

I agree with the souping of the Factions you mentioned, keeping the KO separate. It would make sense for Disspossessed to go to the Fyreslayers and recruit them with the promise of Ur-Gold to retake the Karaks and in turn grant them new Lodges within.

54 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

OK NOW I AM BOARD WITH KRAGNOS!! This makes so much more sense to his characters relation to the Kruelboyz. They're using him for nefarious means. Sort of like Shredder recruiting Slash to fight off the TMNT, not caring if he lives only if he causes enough havoc before death. And eternal war is exactly what the Greenskins would want. 

56 minutes ago, Soolong said:

I do not get how kharadron Overlords would follow grungi or any dwarf god considering they only came about because the dwarven gods abandoned them in favour of helping sigmar, Their book of grudges for him alone would be massive. 

In the last WD Grungni actually understand this and have a plan. (This plan was revealed on the last page)

I'd hope we'd get Sigmar over Grungi as the CoS/Stormcast god model.

I mean - the himbo is right there with his hammer and, frankly, its a travesty I can not make He-Man vs Skeletor happen on the tabletop.

He'd probably be half the size of the other god centrepieces - I'd imagine about Robute Gulliman size for that Primarch Conversion possibility - but undoubtably it's an Emperor of Mankind situation were the one important guy never shows up...

Edited by Dreddships
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

Heavy spoilers about latest WD: There is a story in the latest wd, where Grungni is watching suffering of duardin through ages.

Everyone else is fleeing to Azyrheim for the coming chaos, but main point of story is duardin are made of stronger stuff. In the end he makes Grombrindal in his forge to unite duardin.

"Unite the duardin" sure sounds like soup tome to me....which is what most ko/fyreslayer players don't want right?  So only exciting for dispossesed lovers that are currently stuck in a book with aelves! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I heard in the wd there's a story with Grungni and Tyrion talking ,it's the same mentioned here?

Shortly prior to the Age of Chaos, Tyrion wanted Grungni to lead the Dawi survivors to Hysh and jointly rule the place with the Lumineth instead of go to Azyr.

• Like 1