The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, they should continue making models for them until they manage to create one that isn't a ridiculous buffoon. 😎

>implying that most GW models don’t look like ridiculous buffoons

All that Tzeentch energy must be messing with your head, man, what can I say

• Haha 9

16 minutes ago, FFJump said:

I know that, that's why I was asking what the flavor text says :P. If perhaps it had anymore info on them. Though above it was replied that it just says they steal grenades from "duardin", so I guess nothing really new one way or the other from that text.

I didn't realize that. My apologies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Athrawes said:

The new Path to Glory system seems incredible.

I mean, to the point where I cannot imagine wanting my games of AOS to be anything else besides continuing an ongoing (or starting a new) Path to Glory campaign. 

I'm not a gamer in this hobby and it makes me want to start a PTG!!

Also what are the chances of the Core Book selling out separately as well? High? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm not a gamer in this hobby and it makes me want to start a PTG!!

Also what are the chances of the Core Book selling out separately as well? High? 

The Core book ought to be a three-year evergreen so even if this initial print run sells out. It’ll be back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, they should continue making models for them until they manage to create one that isn't a ridiculous buffoon. 😎

If that was the barometer they could have stopped with the launch box. Light of Eltharion is their best model and it isn't even close. It is sorta sad that he doesn't fit that well with any of the other 2 dozen units.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howdyhedberg said:

How fast do y'all think the limited edition book will sell? Is there a set amount in each country? Like 10 in new Zealand, 5 in Sweden and so on?

This is one of those things that's basically impossible for us to answer. GW certainly weights things to different regions based on their metrics for selling and their stock. 

The only bonus is that limited editions in this case mostly means a fancy cover, so you can still get a hold of the same contents with a regular copy. 

Based on Indomitus the limited edition sold within the boxed set shouldn't be "too" hard to find in the early weeks. Between people selling off second copies from buying more than one set through to split kits on ebay and the like they should be reasonably accessible 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howdyhedberg said:

How fast do y'all think the limited edition book will sell? Is there a set amount in each country? Like 10 in new Zealand, 5 in Sweden and so on?

All I know is that if the 1500 copies are for a global market, and markets open for sales on a rolling basis, the odds of a single copy even making it to being available in my time zone are insanely small. :(

Considering it's the only "must have" for me in the initial wave, if it's gone before I am even allowed to place an order for it, I think I'm looking at a back breaking event in terms of me sticking with the game. I would love to love this edition, but Super Fantasy Brawl, Armada, Zombicide, Arcadia Quest, Mansions of Madness, Blood Bowl, the local gentlemens' club, and many others can fill my hobby and game time just fine without AoS.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1

So according to the MWG unboxing of Dominion “...the core book says we will get a series of books each dedicated to different realms and containing the rules to run your Path to Glory campaigns in those environments, presumably with bespoke territories and upgrades that reflect the buildings and cities in those realms. "

You all know what that means?

Realm supplements. 

I know this is probably a ploy by GW to sell more books, but I’ll be DAMNED if this isn’t what I’ve been wanting since the start of AoS! Realm supplements! Think of all the potential worldbuilding and lore they can do! I’ve had a few gripes about 3e but this has placated, I’m well and truly hyped now.

• Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 3

6 hours ago, Dreddships said:

Did GW really not put the Hobgrots as Battleline, leaving the Kruleboyz awkwardly not-legally-playable with only one battleline unit?

I guess it's a reason to buy one of the starter sets to fill out the Kruleboyz...

I desperately hope the battletome makes them a little better/more interesting. The initial warscrolls seem quite unexciting for Kruleboyz and the box is quite poorly balanced (though that isn’t really an issue as they rarely are).

Edited by C0deb1ue
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

image.png.a8fd471be1666cfa6594a46c734224dc.png
Duardin paymasters! Nice! And the grenades are "pilfered". Typical, they steal the grenades. Was wondering why Chorfs would just lend out their equipment to them lol.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Did GW really not put the Hobgrots as Battleline, leaving the Kruleboyz awkwardly not-legally-playable with only one battleline unit?

I guess it's a reason to buy one of the starter sets to fill out the Kruleboyz...

Depends on your definition of "legally payable."

Open is just as valid as Matched. You could quite easily play "this half vs. that half" with the box "legally."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JustAsPlanned said:

So according to the MWG unboxing of Dominion “...the core book says we will get a series of books each dedicated to different realms and containing the rules to run your Path to Glory campaigns in those environments, presumably with bespoke territories and upgrades that reflect the buildings and cities in those realms. "

You all know what that means?

Realm supplements. 

I know this is probably a ploy by GW to sell more books, but I’ll be DAMNED if this isn’t what I’ve been wanting since the start of AoS! Realm supplements! Think of all the potential worldbuilding and lore they can do! I’ve had a few gripes about 3e but this has placated, I’m well and truly hyped now.

watch as they put rules expansion in these book like what they did for Book of Rust.

the anti DLC crowd would go wild

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Loving the generic items and spells... also if I ever play Duardin I am giving them the item that makes them into wizards 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"We mentioned earlier that the rules for Age of Sigmar have been expanded over the years from just 4 pages in the original game, to a more meaty 10 pages in 2nd edition – this has now grown to a core rules section of just under 40 pages, "

Haha, Sprues apparently can't count. xD

2nd edition had 16-17 pages and 3rd edition is just 2 pages over 30, not near 40.

If you take out all those diagrams and the additional "advanced" stuff like core battalions, monster rules, enhancements, etc, you'd get core rules around 20 pages and a great starter pack for beginners before they use those additional layers.

I'm interested in how the AoS App will handle it since that seems like a lot of extra and the current doesn't even use a legible battleplan to save on space. Probably cutting down on all the sub-sub-sections, good clarity but that's easily adding 5 pages of dissected rules that could be read simpler.

Edited by Baron Klatz

4 hours ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Difficult to say unfortunately. The limited edition rulebooks didn't fly off the shelves for the last few editions - I remember 8th 40k was around for a good few months, even.

The problem is in that time we've seen a massive upsurge of scalpers who will readily grab literally anything they perceive as the tiniest bit limited, even to the point that regular prints of hardbacks are being scalped these days.

I'd say if you're parked up at your desk before 10am with the webstore page open, you're probably good to go with it - for most people the full art cover from Dominion will be 'limited enough' and as stated they've never been insanely popular anyway. Hell, I'd say your odds of getting a LE are better than getting a Dominion box.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

>using meme-arrows outside of 4channel.org

Many such cases.

Sad!

I think can recall them as a way to summarize a post in the '90's. Probably some fora still use them as quotes, and you can see them in reply/forward mails as well.

Just wondering, taking indomitus as an example, how big are the chances any of these models will be exclusive for the Dominion box?

Is there any indomitus model not sold separately or via one of the (unlimited) starterboxes?

Still very much in doubt if I should buy Dominion (or well...try to buy)  or not. I definately like the Boyz a lot, but I can do without new plastic at the moment, so much else to finish first, and if thats finished I really like to get the gravelords first . I think the changes on SCE are good improvements, and I like them, but chances are low I will ever built and paint them. So probably best for me to skip this one (despit it is likely to be much value for your money) and start collecting the Boyz later. But if there is anything in teh box that I can't get by that time, things might be different. 

Edited by Lowki