The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Sorry sir, but I think we’ve run out of rumors atm. Has CA dropped any more hints about Kislev or Cathay? We know they’re working with GW.

If that's the case the best solution is not to veer off topic please.  Not particularly useful if somebody comes here and has to trawl through pages of jibber jabber to find the last useful rumour discussion...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this should have been renamed the "complaining and wishlisting thread" long ago.

Have their been any rumours about the price of dominion? Are we expecting £125 again, or do we put it past GW to push the price up on this one since its the start of a new edition? I'm really on the fence about this one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this should have been renamed the "complaining and wishlisting thread" long ago.

Have their been any rumours about the price of dominion? Are we expecting £125 again, or do we put it past GW to push the price up on this one since its the start of a new edition? I'm really on the fence about this one.

I'm only worried about the Core Book going up in price, it's all I want so far.

In regards to Rumours, I've heard and read multiple people citing that Ogre Kingdoms could be joining the fray. With CA having Kislev and GW I believe* saying it's a good look at what the Old World Kislev army will look like, is there any credence that the potential Ogre Kingdoms will show off a new look for Mawtribes?

*I could be very wrong about this but I feel like I read that somewhere.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Ahlambra said:

I feel you on that one, I'm currently trying to narrow down 6 armies to 1 for my first. Plus, knowing my luck, when I finally pick one that's when they bust out the rumoured new Dark Elves.

These last days since the new edition were such an Decision making rollercoaster with these new infos coming out every day but I don't think they will release in the near future a Brand new Armie after the Release of the Big Starter Sets. In the Next Days we will get Infos how the Old Armies will transition to the AOS 3.0. So Gameplay wise we have an Idea what to expect from these and I hope we will also see the Rumoured new Models from the Armies in the Starting Boxes until the Preorder. So maybe the best Point to make a Final Decision is now. Because of this I have just decided to set myself an Ultimatum on the 18th June to which of the new armies in the starter set I will finally Pledge my alliance to.

49 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm hoping for something very Grimdark and AOS!! Something we havent seen before that would be at home in Ghur, maybe a cross between a Croc and a Hippo or something!! Anything that is clearly a monster and wouldnt be confused for a Daemon.

I did mate!! Of the 4 books I'd put it just behind Belakor but damn was the Destruction side of things amazing!! The Sons put in work!!

I can share your excitement about Grimdark beasts and thought maybe some kind of AOS version of these Biblical Primordial Creatures would be Amazing. The Leviathan and the Behemoth from the book of Hiob. In the Book I think they Represents more arachic forces of Nature which are a part of the World. I don't know the Full AOS Lore yet, but AOS Beasts kinda gave the same Vibe to me. They are maybe not really Evil more some kind of Primordial Forces which Destroy stuff because it is just part of there Nature. Lev-Beh-Ziz.jpg.03a7d8512c9389219283e91c043b7913.jpgWilliam-Blake-Behemoth-and-Leviathan.jpg.c6e3ce8d7b9d0ac721a9546512d4fdd3.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Got an explanation for this part:
"Reinforcements are 4 max in a 2000 point army. Take a unit from 10 - 20 is 1 reinforcement. Battleline units can be reinforces 2 times. None battleline only 1 time."

I really hope more stuff will be updated to account for this, because my Stormvermin will be useless if nothing else is done for them than reducing max size to 30.

A hypothetical 'generic' Wandering Beasts kit that worked with every faction would be cool, something like the endless spells box. Doesn't seem impossible, to push the whole Ghur flavour for the new edition, but equally I wouldn't be surprised if it was a chance to push stuff like the chimera or hydra boxes more widely.

Either way it would be a bit like another run at the old Storm of Magic supplement for WHFB 8th ed.

Edited by sandlemad
  • LOVE IT! 1

"Reinforcements are 4 max in a 2000 point army. Take a unit from 10 - 20 is 1 reinforcement. Battleline units can be reinforces 2 times. None battleline only 1 time."

If it is true the archers mortal wound spam will be reduced a little maybe?

I'm confused by this. 

Does it mean you can only have 4 units in a 2k army which doesn't seem right. 

Or that you can have 4 unit bigger than the minimum size? 

I assume it's the latter which suits me and will hopefully lead to more varied armies. 

I watched a battle report the other day online with the new gravelords, I was looking forward to see the new stuff being used. 

Then they showed the army, it was 3 units of 20 skeletons, 2 units of 20 graveguard, 10 blood knights, manfred and a Necromancer. 

I'll rather see a variety of units, visually it's more interesting which leads to better games imo. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Or that you can have 4 unit bigger than the minimum size?

This, you can only have 4 units bigger than the minimun size. It can help with variety for some armies, but you can just use multiple MSU of the remaining unit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I'm hoping for something very Grimdark and AOS!! Something we havent seen before that would be at home in Ghur, maybe a cross between a Croc and a Hippo or something!! Anything that is clearly a monster and wouldnt be confused for a Daemon.

That exists in fiction, its the called the Ammit. It devours evil souls. 

In other rumors, anyone got any indication on what will be in the smaller starter sets? I guess it will be 3 sets of differing sizes with some of the new terrain in the biggest one, but it could be fun to speculate on the actual units. Personally I hope the kruleboy shaman and the  crossbow orruks are included in one of the boxes. 

51 minutes ago, Udalriki said:

These last days since the new edition were such an Decision making rollercoaster with these new infos coming out every day but I don't think they will release in the near future a Brand new Armie after the Release of the Big Starter Sets. In the Next Days we will get Infos how the Old Armies will transition to the AOS 3.0. So Gameplay wise we have an Idea what to expect from these and I hope we will also see the Rumoured new Models from the Armies in the Starting Boxes until the Preorder. So maybe the best Point to make a Final Decision is now. Because of this I have just decided to set myself an Ultimatum on the 18th June to which of the new armies in the starter set I will finally Pledge my alliance to.

Yeah, I was lucky enough to find someone to split the box with, so I'm tentatively going Kruelboyz for now. If their followup releases aren't what I'm looking for I figure I just try to sell my half at cost and pivot to another army.

4 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

If it is true the archers mortal wound spam will be reduced a little maybe?

I quite like the sound of this. It would make  min-sized units more commonplace and add a nice layer to list-building strategies: who gets the extra bits?

Granted, several factions would need some boosts to their units, particularly those that have built in synergies based on unit size - which I've personally never been a fan of.

Assuming it's true, of course, but rumored rules feel pretty believable. I look forward to seeing them confirmed or disproved.

This, you can only have 4 units bigger than the minimun size. It can help with variety for some armies, but you can just use multiple MSU of the remaining unit.

Interesting. I like the push towards diversification! I wonder if the generic battalions influence the ability to spam MSU - if the battalion restriction is - 3x battleline for instance, then you can’t just take another 5 blocks of battleline.

This could be quite limiting for factions with limited model choice.

How many total Kits/Units are we expecting for the KruleBoys? At current they have 7 + the 2 other revealed ones which is almost more than Ironjaws and Bonesplitters have which sit at 10-11 each.  Recon we might have 12-15 + or less? 

At the very least, I just wanna see some super elite infantry and some wicked beast cavalry + a huge solo monster.  If we are lucky I'd love to see a special character leading the army too.

3 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Big fan of this. Seems Ive always built my armies with 3rd edition in mind lol

• Like 2

I’m still a little confused. So in an army, every unit is put into a list at it’s minimum size. You can “reinforce” up to 4 times for 2k during list building. And reinforce means to add duders to it to make it a bigger unit. And you can do that twice for Battleline, but only once for anything else?

I think I like this? I assume the unit sizes will change across the board, unit stats will need to change too, and I also assume points are going to go up across the board. If so then yeah I’d quite like this idea.

EDIT: Yeah I like this idea, if true. It’d also help with lethality which I’m all for. 

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 3

Not sure what the point or end goal of that change is. To force MSU style? So I cant go from 3 Vargheists to 6...okay ill just take 2x3 instead I guess. Instead of 3x40 clanrats you go 6x20? Not sure what the point of that is.

Unless they change up every unit size in the game but how would that even work? 

49 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Not sure what the point or end goal of that change is. To force MSU style? So I cant go from 3 Vargheists to 6...okay ill just take 2x3 instead I guess. Instead of 3x40 clanrats you go 6x20? Not sure what the point of that is.

I believe it could be to try and reduce lethality. Big units have been quite strong because you’re activating more models at once, while MSU means you’re splitting up your activations. So someone with 1 big unit gets to attack with the equivalent of 2 of the opponent’s units in 1 activation. This way, players may get to react more and may bring back more back and forth in combat. It also means rules that target a number of units for buffs can’t pick a few large units as often, it’ll have to select a number of smaller units and not the rest, therefore reducing the amount of models getting buffed.

This is, however, out of context with how they’re going to balance the game going forward. Unit sizes may just get bigger as a consequence; points may increase to the point of being able to buff as many units as you need now anyway, etc.

But it still would help lethality to a degree I think. 

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

In my opinion the biggest effect of this change, is going to be the fact that you have to spend more CP to buff all those small units now. Instead of mostly being able to buff up one big unit to smack face. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

It should encourage more list variety. It will decrease the power of some of these command abilities. Imagine the three units of 20 skaven example. With multiple units the unleash hell will deal with 20 skaven but that frees the other two units to charge without risk. With more smaller units the combat phase should be more dynamic with the back and forth between players happening more often. 

Smaller units will be easier to manoeuvre if we get more terrain in 3rd edition.

• Like 2

That change would be a great thing but at the same time many units' minimum size and rules should be revaluate.

Someone said the minimum size should be the models you get in a box (like Soulblight skeletons should be 20 instead of 10) and I like that idea. It's simple and effective.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

How many total Kits/Units are we expecting for the KruleBoys? At current they have 7 + the 2 other revealed ones which is almost more than Ironjaws and Bonesplitters have which sit at 10-11 each.  Recon we might have 12-15 + or less? 

At the very least, I just wanna see some super elite infantry and some wicked beast cavalry + a huge solo monster.  If we are lucky I'd love to see a special character leading the army too.

I'd say Cavlary are a safe bet, we may even still get those rumoured Wolf riders or they may be a smaller version of the Gnashtooth we've already seen. There are also the silhouettes of those models next to the Mirebrute Troggoth that look mid sized so perhaps they're an elite infantry choice.

I would really hope they get another huge monster besides the Mirebrute. A gigantic Frog or Toad type creature that may work like a trapdoor spider and grabs hold of unsuspecting prey from the swamp with its tongue. 

• Haha 1