The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Even more surprising that nearly all these warscrolls are terrible and rarely see any use.

A huge amount of insignificant heroes and named characters, usually from multi kits (named + regular), this bloats their hero roster a LOT, while in reality leaving far fewer unique choices and even less actually viable ones for any kind of matched play.

They have a kit building 3 variants of paladins, nobody uses them. They have a kit for building 4 different kinds of dracoth cavalry, yet hardly anyone uses them and so on and so on. 

Also 30+ warscroll battalions, that nobody uses...

In reality it is easy for them to make many kits, as it is the same basic dudes being copy pasted with slight variations in equipment and only very few are viable for even half competitive matches right now. This leaves other armies with more actual meaningful choices when building an army, with more visual diversity and more interesting gameplay mechanics as well, yet the "quantity envy" still goes strong.

Envy quality, not quantity :) (that said the new Stormcast models sure are quality imo, so rules will be less of an issue for sales)

Are you kidding me? I wrote the exact same and said that everything is redundant and has no role. Now we receive even more units ofbthe same type. I was bashed and you get many hearts and upvotes. 😂😂😂

Edited by rosa
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If they do a new human book it will probably be Devoted of Sigmar. In the RPG the order of Azyr are described as a subfaction of the Devoted of Sigmar. There are a couple of references to armies of Devoted marching out from the cities to purify the landscape with their blood. The Dawnbreaker crusades feel like an expansion of that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

Is this a NORMAL horse? Oh dear, I am digging this picture! :D

Reminds me of Avatar: TLA, where a normal bear is seen as weird.

Edit: Also but ups on GW lately for their artwork.  I remember when AOS first came out 6 years ago I found the art lacking, especially coming from an age of amazing Fantasy Art. Cant wait to see more in the future! 

Edited by King Under the Mountain

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

I've said this a few times but unfortunately, based on past and current practices, it is impossible for gw to do proper waves of releases for every faction within one edition. We will get at most 12 full sized waves of minis this edition, with one off heroes or underworlds warbands for the rest. 

if i recall correctly the big/significant model releases for AoS 2.0 where

SCE - NH - Gitz -Slaaneshi - OBR - S2D - LRL - Sons - Slaaneshi (again) - LRL (again) - Soulblight - the random stuff in BR Kragnos

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

Aren't these Kruleboyz fleshing out Orruk warclans? It's just not specifically Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz, both of which were always only a narrow example of what a greenskin warclan in the mortal realms was.

I love my Ironjawz, but I think even GW would admit they boxed themselves in to a corner in terms of expanding that faction with the lore they'd written. Same with Bonesplitterz, the lore sort of boxed them into a dead end. I suspect both were designed around the time when AoS was going to be small armies and never need expanding. Orruk Warclans seems like it was a stop gap to get updated rules for both out, knowing that more Warclans would be coming down the line. 

At the end of the day, we will be seeing a huge expansion of kits for Orruks and greenskins in general, with the hints of more to come and they mentioned specifically they can all work as part of the Orruk Warclans. I'm happy to wait and see how they do integrate them.

Just the fact that Orruks are getting such a big release at all is good news as far as I'm concerned. 

Aye the new orruk faction is good for the Warclans concept but it does nothing for Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz. A cynical viewpoint would be that it seems that those two factions will only get token battletome support 2 editions in a row. No new miniatures for them.

I'm both excited and sad about this orruk direction that GW is apparently taking. The swampy ladz are great but my Ironjawz are still looking for more proper fellows to krump with.

As for Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz being boxed into a dead end for expansion that's bull from my point of view. They might not be as expansion friendly as newer factions but there's plenty of space with a bit of creativity and craziness...and even then it's not as if GW can't change the lore (slightly) if it suits them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Precious, not weird :)

I really want some normal things to bring contrast to AoS. Freeguild militia types of units, knights on true horses, you know, normies to fight the beasties!

1 minute ago, Greybeard86 said:

Precious, not weird :)

I really want some normal things to bring contrast to AoS. Freeguild militia types of units, knights on true horses, you know, normies to fight the beasties!

Looking back with hindsight, there always should of been a "Normal faction" (think Imperial Guard) to contrast all the weirdness.  

I understand that GW wanted to go full High Fantasy but I think most everyone would appreciate the little guys trying to stay sane in an insane world. Plus it would of been a way to make the setting a tade more grounded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I heard that Warhammer weekly said that they are in BIG WAAAGH! because they have the Orruk Keyword but additionally get their own Tome as well. Eddie apprently said it but not clearly on the livestream that this is the case.

Also the Warscroll cards and army labeler are Kruleboyz instead of Orruk Warclans so there is that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, novakai said:

I heard that Warhammer weekly said that they are in BIG WAAAGH! because they have the Orruk Keyword but additionally get their own Tome as well. Eddie apprently said it but not clearly on the livestream that this is the case.

Also the Warscroll cards and army labeler are Kruleboyz instead of Orruk Warclans so there is that

Yeah it seemed to me that the intent here was that they would be usable by default in Warclans, but that they will be getting their own battletome or at least unique allegiance abilities within a new Warclans battletome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

I wonder if it's going to be like how Nighthaunt units in the starter box were usable by Legions of Nagash, but also had their own battletome.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

With Elves and Duardin having their multiple racial armies, I could see Cities of Sigmar creep to being more human dominated, especially once more kits come out in the future. 

Yeah it's weird, that new artwork is all humans for as many figures I can make out but the skies are filled with KO. Maybe Cities will  see the retention of Cities-as-subfactions that can take multiple Order factions in one army, but new kits will be Azyrite humans?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I wonder if it's going to be like how Nighthaunt units in the starter box were usable by Legions of Nagash, but also had their own battletome.

I think that’s exactly the idea, to make a starter faction more tempting to a wider array of existing players. Nighthaunt were a special one in that they included and expanded on warscrolls which were already in LoN but there was certainly a desire to make at least everything in the starter box available to folks who’d already dipped a toe without knowing it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Edit: Also but ups on GW lately for their artwork.  I remember when AOS first came out 6 years ago I found the art lacking, especially coming from an age of amazing Fantasy Art. Cant wait to see more in the future! 

There's something wrong with your Centaur. It seems to be half-horse and... half-horse? How is it supposed to carry a weapon like that?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I hope these crusades bring back the faithful reinforcements like war altars and priests.

Still as a narrative point is interesting,the reclamation thing gives some lore without having to point in a specific direction.

About the Kruleboyz: the orruk keyword thing will make playable in warclans but the battletome for them will come surely imho.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

I don't disagree with this, having mortal-human stories is bread and butter of fantasy in general. but it feels like when people talk about a "human" faction they mean COS which is...not a human faction either & shouldn't be. My point was that Stormcast are just immortal humans; they are not detached like Space Marines even if they are also not mortal like Freeguild.

As much as I like the new Stormcast, I'm still waiting on & hoping 2021 gives us AOS-specific Cities kits, updated Seraphon, and new duardin or Wave 2 Fyreslayers/KO

Stormcast are not mortal, their free will degrades, they are not bound by the limits of the human body.

I'd say being a dwarf or elf is closer to being a human than being a Stormcast is, because their concerns are a lot closer to a human's concerns, they are mortal and they have free will.

So yes, Cities is the best human faction (with StD) in the game.

For the artwork: It's new skyships! The humans seem to mostly do cult stuff, but more skyships are good*

*Provided Kharadron retain their identity.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2

I absolutely love this direction with 3.0 with these massive columns of soldiers marching out to take back the Realms.

With it being the Era of the Beast my one concern is that Kragnos and the Kruelboyz are it for Destruction. I'm not asking for new Factions for Destruction, just that they get Wave 2 for Warclans, Mawtribes and Sons of Behemat. With some new units in for Gloomspite and Spiderfang updated. That would be incredible.

After all 2.0 had Death recieve 3 new Factions so I'll take 1 with the other 4 updated!! 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I think that's just how WHW interpreted what was said on the stream, which if I recall was worded vaguely enough that it could have meant either that KruelBoyz get an exclusive battletome, or that they were part of a new Warclans Battletome.

The fact about the warscroll cards carries some weight, but these are cards printed specifically for the Dominion Box, meaning that it doesn't necessarily preclude the KruelBoyz being Warclans. 

Hopefully, GW will be more clear about the KruelBoyz status as a faction going forward.

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

I didn't understand the giant chains at first but...

Y'ALL THEY ARE PULLING A FLOATING ISLAND

A FLOATING

ISLAND

They were not kidding about "best edition yet"

I mean, why bring teams of laborers and wagon upon wagon of materials to build a new city when you can pull it along and drop it into place?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

This art is staggeringly good. Excitement for 3rd edition is rising!3q03R90EPUln7uJ0.jpg.71f33368e0c4e1dc8278fc15a47eec61.jpg

You have got to be kidding... as if the freecities garden sheds on wheels weren't enough of an eyesore, they make even bigger ones.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Confused 3