The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Khorne is btw the only Chaos deity to not receive any love in BR :(

Well, almost better to get no love than the "love" Tzeentch got. One battalion, no kits (and we got a shitload of failcast heroes), not much fluff ---- less is almost not possible. :D They don't dare to give Khorne such a treatment, as he might materialize in our world, fly there and beat them up like a big bully!

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Well, almost better to get no love than the "love" Tzeentch got. One battalion, no kits (and we got a shitload of failcast heroes), not much fluff ---- less is almost not possible. :D They don't dare to give Khorne such a treatment, as he might materialize in our world, fly there and beat them up like a big bully!

I'm not sure what there is to be upset about for Tzeentch fans. You've had 12 new kits in AoS and 2 very strong battletomes. You have 4 resin heroes but they are all very nice sculpts. Skaven, Seraphon and cities of Sigmar players are looking at you with very jealous eyes. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Damn, not a fan of when they put character models in these boxes, wanted the pick up the Sylvaneth one but already got Drycha. Would the Drycha sprue be an easy thing to sell if I picked up the box or is it not worth it?

7 minutes ago, Hawke said:

Damn, not a fan of when they put character models in these boxes, wanted the pick up the Sylvaneth one but already got Drycha. Would the Drycha sprue be an easy thing to sell if I picked up the box or is it not worth it?

Yeah, I think so. You should easily sell Drycha alone.

I have Drycha, 15 Spite Rev and 10 Tree Rev. I don't need more of these models but I'm looking forward to battalion and maybe warscroll improvements.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

Apparent contents of the boxes:

>Drycha's Spitegrove
Drycha
10x Spite Reventant

>Exquisite Pursuit
Contorted Epitome
3x Fiends
5x Seekers

>Rattacha's Doom-Coven
Bombadier
3x Stormfiends
Warplighting Cannon

>Butcher's Herd
Shaman
6x Minotaurs
Ghorgon

Damn, if that was 

>Rattacha's Doom-Coven
Bombadier
3x Stormfiends
Doomwheel 

I would have been all over that.

I got excited when I saw the name "Doom-Coven"

I think that orruks and ogors haven't had anything is a good thing. To me it means new battletomes just around the corner. 

I'll be very suprised if the ogor one didn't come with lots of model love in the form of characters and maneaters. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

43 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm not sure what there is to be upset about for Tzeentch fans. You've had 12 new kits in AoS and 2 very strong battletomes. You have 4 resin heroes but they are all very nice sculpts. Skaven, Seraphon and cities of Sigmar players are looking at you with very jealous eyes. 

You take out of my post what you want to make an argument. 😂 I'm not complaining about a lack of Tzeentch kits, I'm just saying the BR Tzeentch part sucked. Deal with it. A new kit, like some other factions got, could've at least eased the pain, even if it is not needed. Way more needed than more aelves or Slaanesh though - and since GW doesn't aim for a fair distribution anyways, what's another kit for Tzeentch? So yeah, Khorne shouldn't feel left out if they got this kind of treatment in a BR book. Oh and failcast is failcast, it's a terrible product even if the sculpts are good (well, the Curseling is... Fatemaster is certainly dated), it's the worst material I've ever seen in minigaming. 

Only thing I agree with you is where the flying bazoozle are new CoS, Skaven, Seraphon....

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I think that orruks and ogors haven't had anything is a good thing. To me it means new battletomes just around the corner. 

I'll be very suprised if the ogor one didn't come with lots of model love in the form of characters and maneaters. 

I agree. Even though Mawtribes dropped at the end of 2019 it's still 17 months old at this point so I'm hoping it means Destructions BTs are some of the first for 3.0, I understand if the Sons is later of course. 

Globb Glittermaw and Braggoth Vardruk would be excellent choices as they fill characters for Gutbusters and Beastclaw Raiders especially. 

All the resin could be updated and ideally I'd love the Gluttons, Leadbelchers and Ironguts as well.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree. Even though Mawtribes dropped at the end of 2019 it's still 17 months old at this point so I'm hoping it means Destructions BTs are some of the first for 3.0, I understand if the Sons is later of course. 

Globb Glittermaw and Braggoth Vardruk would be excellent choices as they fill characters for Gutbusters and Beastclaw Raiders especially. 

All the resin could be updated and ideally I'd love the Gluttons, Leadbelchers and Ironguts as well.

Do we think the latest ogor sculpt from cursed city could be the look for the whole force going forward or was he a one off?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Do we think the latest ogor sculpt from cursed city could be the look for the whole force going forward or was he a one off?

I suspect Brutogg's a one-off in most ways that count. His armour is very much that of a travelling mercenary and has minimal resemblance to the rest of the range.

By contrast the only other new ogre sculpts since the start of AoS have been the plastic tyrant and Hrothgorn, the hunter for WHU. Both stuck with the emphasis on furs, slightly cobbled together weapons of wood and notched metal, worn leather with big square studs, horns/tusks as piercings, and maw iconography. Same with all the ogre art produced for the Mawtribes book and elsewhere.

That said, both Brutogg and Hrothgorn's faces are lacking the Fu Manchu moustaches and vaguely eastern appearance you get on most of the WHFB ogre range, so that could be taken as a sign that there will be more diversity in the range and less hewing to the Central Asian feel they had in WHFB. Strikingly both lack gutplates as well, which used to be found on every single modern ogre mini except butchers, so that might be a hint of something changing.

Brutogg could be a hint of what some future maneaters would look like, even if they're all likely to be quite distinct.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

I'm hoping hes the way forward personally, at least with the dynamic posing. I really love the Corpse Eater model so if they change the style closer to him, with a bit more of a belly, I'll be all for it!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bayul said:

Easy. That's the face of a typical Warhammer fan looking through the window of his closed Warhammer Store.

Also letter "N" forming THON[DIA]

These are shaping up quite nicely :)

Also, very happy there are indeed battalion boxes coming for Kragnos :D if it is indeed the contorted epitome, fiends and seekers for £55, I'll definitely be grabbing it alongside the Twins box if I can

Edited by DoctorPerils
£, not €
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I suspect Brutogg's a one-off in most ways that count. His armour is very much that of a travelling mercenary and has minimal resemblance to the rest of the range.

By contrast the only other new ogre sculpts since the start of AoS have been the plastic tyrant and Hrothgorn, the hunter for WHU. Both stuck with the emphasis on furs, slightly cobbled together weapons of wood and notched metal, worn leather with big square studs, horns/tusks as piercings, and maw iconography. Same with all the ogre art produced for the Mawtribes book and elsewhere.

That said, both Brutogg and Hrothgorn's faces are lacking the Fu Manchu moustaches and vaguely eastern appearance you get on most of the WHFB ogre range, so that could be taken as a sign that there will be more diversity in the range and less hewing to the Central Asian feel they had in WHFB. Strikingly both lack gutplates as well, which used to be found on every single modern ogre mini except butchers, so that might be a hint of something changing.

Brutogg could be a hint of what some future maneaters would look like, even if they're all likely to be quite distinct.

I'd say Brutogg is definitely where the Maneaters at least are headed. I'd love if the Ironguts, Leadbelchers and Gluttons get the same S2D SC dynamic poses for their range.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Take with a pinch of salt as this is from another forum but

Fellwater Morruks

glass canon army

poor saves

high magic

ambush, teleport and hit and run

Fellwater Morruks sounds like a plausible name and would fit in with the swamp/marsh theme, and the ambush fits in with what we saw in the trailer for “A new breed of evil”.

Looking forward to seeing the models, whatever they turn out to be on Saturday!

42 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Take with a pinch of salt as this is from another forum but

Fellwater Morruks

glass canon army

poor saves

high magic

ambush, teleport and hit and run

Fellwater Morruks sounds awesome, Kruel Boyz always seemed to be a unit name to me. 

Makes sense too with the Morruk Hills location on the Map of Ghur near Excelsis

• Like 1

https://www.thedarkfortress.co.uk/tech_reports/tech_assets/2-chart.png 

17% ish percents to do nothing while charging and picking a single guy. 

A lot of mortal wounds. I guess it's fine? 

BTW it  is kinda shame that all those gargants + Kragnos armies showcased in the reveal trailer are not tournament legal (unless you soup him into pure SoBs) . They wouldn't even be good most likely to play him a  gargant and som orruks as the core. 

BTW if you play him as a mercenary in a SoB army can you ally in other destruction forces? Ally.Mercenary confuses me.