The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

i think the New Witch hunters may have been for CC and they would have played similar to the Ratling twins in BSF

They were previewed as part of Broken Realms before the CC incident occured so I doubt it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

What a huge chonker. He looks real cool, though I bet this means Gordrakk is going to get rocked at the start of this book. He isn't the kind of lad to share command of a Waaagh, as Skragrott knows.

He doesn't really fit any part of Destruction's aesthetic. I love the narrative beat of a god who lost his children, but there's a severe lack of horses and well-crafted gear in destruction. Like I don't see my Gitz or Orruks marching behind this big Bronze Age beastie. I wonder if this is temporarily for everyone (like the fungoid shaman in Malign Portents before Gloomspite's reveal) or if he will be like Nagash for destruction and be around permanently.

perhaps his race comes back in aos 3.0

I mean, it's possible that there'll be a build-up to Kragnos and Gordrakk having a throw-down that'll be the reason Destruction busts through Excelsis but then isn't able to capitalise on it to flatten Azyr.

It's also questionable how much leading Kragnos will do, as opposed to just turning up and doing his best to batter the ****** out of the city defences with his earthquakes while the rest of the horde crack on with their attack.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Great preview... but really, really sad. Kragnos didn't turn out to be Kurnothi nor Beastmen. He's just a Be'lakor of Destruction basically, not a leader of a new faction. 

What really bothers me it's that he is a centaur. Kurnothi warband has a centaur as well. Now I'm afraid that Kurnothi warband was just a one time thing. 

As for the Gravelords I think I will pass. I was most excited about the zombies, and all that really is new for them is this unit of zombies. I don't like dogs or hounds so no for zombie dogs really. I had hope for some zombie heroes, new corpse cart, maybe zombie behemoth. Same with Skellies. All the spotlight goes to strange (some are cool) vampire heroes. 

It probably will be for years before Kurnothi are a thing, if ever 

Underworlds is explicitly a chance for designers to play with concepts and try something different, the designers have said that numerous times. It's not part of the same production line of full factions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I dunno why but Kragnos' face looks really stupid to me which is a shame as he looks solid otherwise. The way it's connected to his neck or maybe it's too small.... no idea but something seems off. Well, they've showed exactly what I thought they would. I was hoping for more than I aniticpated. I like those weird Vamp centaur lady though!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Oops

I didn't say he was right 🤣

1 minute ago, Jator said:

Gordrakk can be easily killed, his model can still be used as a megaboss with alternative head/weapons. His lore was basically "ha appeared and he's very strong", so it doesn't seem the biggest loss to me. 

Yeah, but it's just anticlimactic, and destruction literally only had 2 characters. Kragnos is probably more interesting than Godrakk, but this is end times Ogre levels of jobbing.

• Confused 1

Overall no real surprises beyond some info on Kragnos—

Soulblight: Really cool stuff overall. Dire wolfs have historically had some of my least favourite models but these are pretty good. The Vampire lords are lots of fun… Lauka Vai/Vengorian Lord is not my favourite although it is a great execution of the concept. Radukar the Beast is amazing and an improvement on an already fantastic character model. Belladamma Volga is my favourite as she feels like a truly classic vampire. Are there any other Soulblight rumours that we have yet to see?

BR Kragnos: The little animated preview was spectacular and the already previewed models are some of my favourites. Kragnos looks somehow ten times better than expected and the destruction side of things is such a nice addition. I was in the Kurnothi camp but I am in no way fussed seeing this amazing piece. I would like to see this guy leading my Beastclaw Raiders.

Having the outstanding news reported on makes me more excited for Saturday's reveal. I am also pleasantly surprised that I will be able to run Kragnos with one of my armies... looks like Be'lakor has found a sparring partner. So I enjoyed the presentation although I was still hoping for something else like a dual box or some other unexpected announcement. 

I spent half the time working out a vaccine booking so I may have missed some big things.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

I have a theory. Kragnos was originally the Sculpt for Kurnoth/Orion but they decided to give him a hammer and shield. My other theory is that they were making an Alpha-beast sculpt but decided BoC players had it too good and deserved nothing. (I imagine all this to be entirely false)

It’s a difficult one. Objectively he’s such a good sculpt. I love his pose shield (the face is meh but I can get over it. I could totally, with little change, see him in Sylvaneth, and with no change leading beastmen. But he’s just so out of place amongst the orcs and Ogre, to me at least.

I’d have rather seen a ridiculously big Gorkamork figure, the tech is here now to do something like that. I don’t see why destruction would get the most beast like or Cernunnos god. Again beautiful design, fanatstic model, weird placment within the alliances.

The Direwolves are a real let down, the Dragon centaur sphynx is not my taste but will need to get my hands on one for the dragon half, too Dark Souls fushion creature for my taste. Radukhar the Beast is beautiful, hope someone makes an amaizng Wulfen Lord with-him some day. Love the blood, pose, detail and the base, a surprising winner

Edited by Kronos
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

4 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

There is only one answer:

FIGHT!

Please tell or give a hint that Kurnothi might receive a major release in the future as a new army or part of Sylvaneth or whatever. Just that they will happen one day.

I like Kragnos. I like that he's this and not BoC, this is way more interesting to me than anything they could ever offer. A Kurnothi Orion-figure for the already bloated elf range, eh, well, ok, but this is cooler.

Sort of a Vandal Savage/Conan/whatever ancient warlord who ascended to 'godhood' through brute accomplishment. An empire breaker, a scourge of god except it's all for himself and his own barbaric ego. I like how he's alone but surrounded by creatures that follow him purely because of this. "The green ones understood" indeed. His gear isn't scraps and tatters but it is archaic (slight Scythian influences there) and aesthetically associated with the overall "tear it all down, run wild and free" ideas that you get with destruction.

I'd second the broad concern about what exactly this means for Gordrakk and a kind of... let's say a multipolar destruction GA, though I think anyone believing this means Gordrakk will be squatted when he's been hyped up is way off. Order can somehow get by with multiple prominent semi-divine figures (Alairelle, Morathi, Teclis, etc), there's no reason it couldn't work here either.

The Soulblight centaurs look pretty janky, though I think the Mother of Nightmares works a lot better than the generic one on a horror basis. The generic dude is just a big lad with a dragon/bat body. SBGL is absolutely wild with SCs really. Neferata, Mannfrd, Belladama, Lauka, Radukar, Kritzi, the Thirsting Blade, Vhordai, all in plastic. Two AoS-specific dynasties too! Belladama is the standout for me here. An aristocratic old lady in a Queen of Thorns style headdress, a vampire granny riding side-saddle on her giant wolf, hell yes.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

That assumes they didn't know about the Cursed City issue before the pre-order.

I highly doubt they would have pushed it as they did for weeks beforehand if that was the case. These were shown before all the Warhammer TV videos etc. 

Yeah, I think Belladamma is probably my pick for the best of the new miniatures.

I kinda like Kragnos. I'm curious to know if his ranting about only the 'weak' remaining is some sort of reference to Centigors as a debased form of his people.

I'll throw in with the folks who think we're seeing 3.0 on Saturday.

• Like 2