The Rumour Thread

39 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Someone on FB did an excellent pencil sketch of the outline. It's definitely some sort of centaur. They went 'full Lumineth'.

Is AoS 3.0 going to bring the narrative to the much awaited Age of Centaurs? 

Death, Order, and Chaos got em... and if Kragnos is destruction....

• Haha 1

I'm gonna go so far as to suggest we'll probably see the following:

An Indomitus style box. New Stormcast vs Destruction faction. Loads of cool models, big weighty tome included, instant sell-out. In addition to battalion changes, changes to the deployment of forces and changes to command points and what you can use them on I think there will be a change to terrain rules. Not as extensive as 40k, just a slightly more detailed version to make terrain more useful.

New board size - New boards and scenery to match the 40k minimum and a box similar to Vertigus with a load of stuff in. I reckon a Ghur rocky mountain style side and then something Azyrite on the other.

New starter sets. I think they'll be identical in layout to their 40k cousins, with slimmed down rulebooks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Generic battalions... Hope this is just a rumour. It kills diversity. Everything generic is the opposite of what we should want for AoS. It's the diversity in rules, models, playstyles that makes this game interesting. Just as with other rules, some need to be balanced. There is a lot of useless ones used only to lower drops and many that seem op like reroll all hit rolls. That they are not balanced isn't the fault of them being specific for every faction but the battletome writers. It's like removing allegiance abilities because some are better than others.

Generic battalions fix the biggest issue with battalions currently - they create a war between the haves and the have-nots. Factions are not currently given battalions in an fair, equal or balanced way. Some armies have lots of choices-anything in the book can be included in some battalions, others have 1-drop battalions, and others have extremely limited choices for battalions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Fyrenn said:

Is AoS 3.0 going to bring the narrative to the much awaited Age of Centaurs? 

Death, Order, and Chaos got em... and if Kragnos is destruction....

Sigmar's gonna need to open up the centaurcast chamber if he wants to keep up!

3 hours ago, Kronos said:

*Sigh* another 24+ hours of trying to squeeze my eyes to make out the slightest detail from a potato cam image. 
30B1ECF2-6E92-4D57-A9D6-459A6811CE08.jpeg.80b0dcc685681bcc89c84fcacc7e53af.jpeg

I get the feeling next week is going to be a hell of a ride.

You know what really grinds my gears? That elves seem to have more models teased than the dawi!A0980AC4-2162-43B8-A744-3CFC28DA318B.jpeg.88e2b8b0434d0758d18b6f94262c0522.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

No basic ghosts/ spirit host or banshee makes me sad. I hope this is wrong 😑 

curious if the black coach is even in it since there is a vampire “or” necromancer in it...

Pretty sure black coach is just a ghosty thing now.

As for basic spirit hosts & the like, I mean, the game does have rules for allies.

23 minutes ago, Sception said:

Pretty sure black coach is just a ghosty thing now.

As for basic spirit hosts & the like, I mean, the game does have rules for allies.

Allies aren’t as good as things being baked in. As for the coach, it would just be odd since it’s always been linked with how vampires get around/ heal. So I hope they update the flavor text if they don’t plan on including if in this book

46 minutes ago, novakai said:

elves players just think they are center of the world really

having the nerves to say that BR was all about them not realizing how bad of an idea it was in the context of the overall player base

I do love elves.  And I do think I am the center of the world.  AND I do not realize how bad BR Teclis was in the context of the overall player base (scientifically determined I am sure).  So looks like you hit the nail right on the head!

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, novakai said:

having the nerves to say that BR was all about them not realizing how bad of an idea it was in the context of the overall player base

GW's not done much to counteract this notion, elves have, like, 6 gods, who are all extremely active, then theres the 5 chaos gods, who don't do much, whoever beasts of chaos have, grungi, gorkamorka, and sigmar, who are basically absent save when gw decides a new edition needs more stormcast

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, novakai said:

To be fair, GW framed Boken Realms that way when they first announced it, it's not something aelf players have done in a vacuum.

But go ahead and cry more tears. If you can keep it up long enough, we might be able to get enough salt water to refill that ocean the Skaven accidentally drained, depriving the Idoneth of one of their homes. And really, an Aelf home is as important as it gets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Surely you understand that most people saying that were non-elf players doomposting, right? The announcement for BR only mentioned elven gods and framed the entire release around them, then the first two books announced were centered around... wait for it... elven gods.

The only thing I don't understand is how ironic shitposting about hating elves has managed to become genuine and spill over to actual, genuine dislike for the REAL PEOPLE who play those armies. I don't know if you're being sarcastic in your comment, but it's a phenomena I've seen expressed without humor before and it baffles me to no end how serious people can be about their toy soldier games.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

A true elf accepts the disdain and vitriol of their lessers as a fine wine to savor in the night before a warm fire in a comfy chair.

Also, as someone who lived through the dark days of WHFB 6th edition and the Intrigue at Court rule, I can only laugh at players who think elves have always had it good.  You don't know fustration as a player until you lose an entire tournament because the dice decided that your Leadership 10, 600+ point prince on a dragon with all the bells and whistles isn't your general.  Instead your spindly 180 point scroll caddy wizard is.  And he got sniped by a lucky cannon shot in turn 1.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

That's because elves are naturally superior to short, stunted, hairy people.  And to think your folk had the nerve to get upset when we showed you how to shave for the first time!

I wouldn't change elves for the world.

It would be a much darker world if they were any lesser.. and much less funny when they get rochambeau'd by a goblin wearing trash.

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

You know what really grinds my gears? That elves seem to have more models teased than the dawi!A0980AC4-2162-43B8-A744-3CFC28DA318B.jpeg.88e2b8b0434d0758d18b6f94262c0522.jpeg

At this point maybe they need to split GA:Order into GA:Aelves and GA:Other. We got a love of Aelves mucking about; normal CoS aelves, blind sea aelves, monster-girl aelves, light elemental aelves, tree aelves, even chaos aelves if you count that fella from Warcry. I don't have anything against people who like aelves, but that's a lot of aelves. They seem to be more numerous than greenskins in the Mortal Realms. Seeing even more elves in the potential Kurnothi and/or Malerion's kids means we are reaching maximum aelf capacity.

Would love some more stunties though, I need some more trophies for my bosspole. And if Grombrindal or Valaya comes back I may need to join the clan.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

At this point maybe they need to split GA:Order into GA:Aelves and GA:Other. We got a love of Aelves mucking about; normal CoS aelves, blind sea aelves, monster-girl aelves, light elemental aelves, tree aelves, even chaos aelves if you count that fella from Warcry. I don't have anything against people who like aelves, but that's a lot of aelves. They seem to be more numerous than greenskins in the Mortal Realms. Seeing even more elves in the potential Kurnothi and/or Malerion's kids means we are reaching maximum aelf capacity.

Would love some more stunties though, I need some more trophies for my bosspole. And if Grombrindal or Valaya comes back I may need to join the clan.

Seriously, the elf count is high. There are still more pending if you consider shadow elves and beast elves (the kurnothi dream).
A little ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1