Rumors from Spain
empire hero 
lumineth new models 
sigmar soul hunters 
skaven engineers 
BIG model! (Chaos???) 

new token on board???

"sigmar soul hunters"

With what happened in Broken Realms, I believe this.

3 hours ago, Drezden said:

shadow elves 

Please no, by the realms, No. by Sigmar, NO!

I already plan to toss Ironclads full of gold at GW when they put up all the soulblight -good- bloodness up for preorder!

I can‘t survive such a release this close to SBL.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

Well if we’re going down that rabbit hole I’ll throw chaos dragon in as the big chaos big thing kit.

Kragnos is a big chaos dragon and his model comes with a massive scenery pile of ur gold with a hidden Johann in there for good measure.

With potential to mount a chaos lord on him for the cinematic win.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

3 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Dont believe a single thing from that list. Here's another, far more likely:

Soulblight dragon/centrepiece/Aborash

Soulblight direwolves 

Soulblight heavy infantry/vampire thralls

New destruction god - Kragnos

AoS 3.0 starter set with more elegant looking, knightly stormcast versus a mixed greenskin army

I was going to suggest a combined orc and goblins tome from Whitefang's mention of the Hobbit, but thought I was reading too much into it. However, I'm starting to think that may be the case. Maybe some Gitmob Grots models as part of Orruk Warclans? Or a new tome with generic orruks and gitmob grots combined in the same vein as the Orcs and Goblins army book in fantasy? That would explain the Orc chariot weapon from the Rumor Engine. I'm gonna spit my drink out if we get a new battletome called "Orruks and Grots".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FFJump said:

I was going to suggest a combined orc and goblins tome from Whitefang's mention of the Hobbit, but thought I was reading too much into it. However, I'm starting to think that may be the case. Maybe some Gitmob Grots models as part of Orruk Warclans? Or a new tome with generic orruks and gitmob grots combined in the same vein as the Orcs and Goblins army book in fantasy? That would explain the Orc chariot weapon from the Rumor Engine. I'm gonna spit my drink out if we get a new battletome called "Orruks and Grots".

I think it is a real possibility that Kragnos will be a destruction God that can go into any army? So releasing some eintopf army would make sense. 

18 minutes ago, FFJump said:

Could very well be mate, my money on the name would be Greenskinz.

I actually think another wave of lumineth models in roughly another year is super likely.  The 2nd wave being air models was obvious to see coming and it was a nice surprise to see a bunch of scinari/vanari with it, but the Lumineth Battletome still makes a lot of very "model-specific" hints at new units.  I get that every battletome has some hinting at more stuff but usually in a more general way (like a logister chamber, or sun-worshipping grots, or strange shadow demons), so that's where the Lumineth book is different in my mind. 

I'll have to go re-read that section, but my fuzzy memory recalls water temple having something that sounded like swordmasters (but since we have bladelords that are Vanari idk anymore), some kind of cav, wizards of course and then the great pachyderm sages (which I assume are their aelementors).  The pachyderm sages were even brough up in the January White Dwarf Flashpoint, so they obviously have some rather specific ideas on them.  The water temple is especially interesting since they're supposedly the most populous of the temples. Then you've got Zenith temple which is likely going to be just 1 or 2 units max and likely includes an "ascended aelf" or something along those lines.  Seems to me they mostly covered Vanari, but I'm sure they could still fit a few models in there.  Honestly just in that 1 or 2 pages of battletome there's still enough for 2 releases if they want to stretch it that way.

I also want them to update armies like Skaven (I've held off buying any Eshin models in anticipation of an update) and Fyreslayers, but I also recognize that some armies inevitably are going to get more "models love" than others.  I for one am totally okay with it being Lumineth for a few years.  But this brings up a larger point, what does the current state of army model updates actually look like?  Not worrying about rules, I mainly look at when their last substantive update was and how they currently are on model diversity (not visually just in terms of how many different warscrolls are there).

SCE - Great Diversity, No Significant Recent Updates.  Last major wave was in 2018, they've had the odd event model and now Gardus, but nothing major in a long time. 
CoS - Great Diversity, Some Moderate Updates Incoming/Here.  Finally getting some new models with Cursed City, and apparently witch hunters soon.  Maybe more who knows? 
Fyreslayers - Poor Diversity, No Significant Updates.  Got a minor update I think in 2019 with terrain/invocations + doomseeker even further back.  We all know they need more.
KO - Okay Diversity, No Significant Updates.  Had 1 new model with Aether War but beyond that it's only been the odd model in a boxed game or event.  Their initial wave wasn't too bad, so they don't feel as bad as Fyreslayers, but honestly they haven't seen much since their release in 2017.
Lumineth -  Great Diversity, Recent Updates.  Small initial release, but the follow-up release this year has them in a good spot model-wise.
Sylvaneth - Okay Diversity, No Significant Updates (maybe soon).  Got the Arch Revenant and now are getting the Warsong Revenant.  They also got new terrain and spells.  Honestly the biggest sticking point with them is they could maybe use 1 or 2 new non-hero units... maybe a monster, but these guys are close to being what I would think of as "model diverse".  Obviously Kurnothi may or may not go a long way here.
Idoneth -  Okay Diversity, No Updates.  Absolutely no new models since launch.  There will be a WHU warband, but that doesn't really count for AoS proper.
DoK - Good Diversity, Few Updates.  Haven't seen much since release.  New hero, spells and that's it.  Oh yeah, and Shadowstalkers!

BoK - Great Diversity, Recent Update.  Big wave of models with AoS launch and mid-sized wave in 2019 (I think it was 2019) which updated some demons and gave judgements and terrain. 
Nurgle - Great Diversity, No Recent Updates.  Big wave in end times iirc.  I think that was the last update, but I think feculent Gnarlmaw was kinda recent? 
DoT - Great Diversity, No Recent Significant Updates.  Big wave of new stuff with AoS 1st edition battletome, but since then only a some new spells and a hero.
Slaanesh - Great Diversity, Recent Updates.  Big update in 2019 then another big one this year.  Model-wise these guys are doing great with more on the way.
BoC - Great Diversity, No Significant Updates.  AoS battletome came with spells and terrain and that's it.
Skaven - Great Diversity, No Significant Updates.  AoS battletome came with spells and terran plus a hero.
S2D - Great Diversity, Semi-Significant Updates.  A few new sculpts at the end of 2019 that were only in a SC box. Spells too.  Also Warcry which is weird because a lot of the models aren't really ever used in AoS but a decent number actually are.

Warclans - Good Diversity as Whole (Poor as either subfaction), No Recent Updates.  Saw new stuff with Ironjawz release, but that's it outside boxed games.
Gloomspite Gitz - Great Diversity, Recent Updates.  Big old update with 2019.  Huge model variety right now, so hard to complain.
Ogor Mawtribes - Great Diversity as Whole (Okay as Gutbuster and Poor as Beastclaw), No Significant Updates.  Just terrain and a new hero.
Sons of Behemat - Poor Diversity, Recent Update.  Brand new army.  Small release, but it's clear it's not meant to be much more than it is.

LoN/SBGL - Great Diversity, Update Incoming.  Getting a huge update.
OBR - Okay Diversity, No Updates Since Release.  Mid-sized release in 2019, but nothing else since.
Nighthaunt - Good Diversity, No Significant Updates.  Big fat relase in 2018, but only 1 hero since.
FEC - Poor Diversity, No Significant Updates.  Small update with 2nd ed battletome, but that was only 1 hero plus spells and terrain.

So looking at things as a whole, yeah, Lumineth will be receiving special treatment. However until a likely 3rd wave, it hasn't really gone much farther than getting them to a point where I think everyone would like their army to be.

Edited by willange
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@willange The twins Ellathor and Ellania are listed as " Zenith Warsages" in the Lumineth book.  I'm not sure the Zenith number more than a handful of prodigies.

Actually you might be right with that.  They do translocate which might be what they meant with the story about the zenith master turning to light to escape shadow demons.  I do sort of expect that we'll see something more obviously aligned with the specific "zenith temple", but perhaps not.

Some more 3E rumors garnered from a close friend

-double turns gone

-new faction unveiled with starter vs stormcast

-40k's crusade system ported over

-current warscrolls are incompatible

The reason warscrolls are being made irrelevant so soon after new releases is because COVID offset GW production by 6 months or so, there would have been a larger gap so players didn't feel cheated once 3E dropped.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cronotekk said:

-double turns gone

The reason warscrolls are being made irrelevant so soon after new releases is because COVID offset GW production by 6 months or so, there would have been a larger gap so players didn't feel cheated once 3E dropped.

Hopefully if the warscrolls are incompatible the new scrolls will still be free in the app. It does seem like kind of a bad move to release warscroll cards so recently if that was the plan, however.

1 minute ago, OkayestDM said:

Interesting. I wonder what changes would so dramatically alter the game that current warscrolls wouldn't work with it.

Not sure if I buy it, mind you, but it's certainly food for thought.

strength vs toughness (I don't know, just guessing)

1 hour ago, Cronotekk said:

-double turns gone

This seems crazy even for GW.  Now double turn gone I could see and love.  40k's crusade I would love.  I do not see them invalidating all the warscrolls.  That would mean an 8th edition style index?

Also this directly contradicts the previous rumors so... sorry friend, I don't buy it.

Edited by wayniac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Cronotekk said:

-double turns gone

I will be very very surprised if this is true. Not only does the double turn thing directly contradict the listlab video, the warscroll change would upset a great many players for little benefit.  For those players who want a return to strength and toughness there will be the old world game eventually. It is in GW's interest to keep those games distinct. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

But I can't really see them getting an expansion to their range, as they're not a hugely popular army

Isn't it best reason to make an expansion and try to improve popularity of the faction? new cool model and new powerful rules?

I say that because I already heard "don't expect improvement for faction xxx as it is selling well as-is, so why trying fixing what is not broken?"

• Like 1