The Rumour Thread

58 minutes ago, Scruf said:

At least for the first few months, I think you're relegated to eBay. It'd be super surprising for GW to have them available outside the core box. Also, I think they're still just gonna release all the heroes in one box separately down the line like (I think?) they did with Blackstone Fortress.

i don't believe the BSF heroes have been separately release yet, the only thing has been release so far is the CSM Lord and the Chaos marines when Vigilius happen

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, novakai said:

i don't believe the BSF heroes have been separately release yet, the only thing has been release so far is the CSM Lord and the Chaos marines when Vigilius happen

Oof, I think you're right. I could've swore they came out with the Cultists of the Abyss but I don't seem them anywhere.

2 hours ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

Have we only officially seen 2/8 objective markers to this point? Keycritter and helpful skeleton

I had started to assume they were multiples of the same

We've seen 2 different skeletons hung on posts, 2 gargoyles, and at least 1 grave marker (presumably there's a second) and at least 1 crow on post (probably a 2nd one of those too). I think that just leaves one pair of objectives that hasn't been spotted (or do I recall something like a treasure chest being seen as well)?

The BSF heroes are all on the same sprue, they will never be released separately. Same thing with the adversaries (sadly, since those beautiful traitor guardsmen are on that sprue). Obsidius is on a sprue of his own, though. Likewise, the cultists in Escalation are a conveniently reboxable set. I really want to see what the Cursed City models are set up like... we have to hope for as many individual sprues as possible.

On 3/25/2021 at 3:06 PM, Neverchosen said:

I mean these are ostensibly modernized Wardancers...

🤭

Looking at the warscroll nothing says they are wardancers.  

I also don't recall Wardancers having pets, horns, bows or horses.  

but you said ostensibly,.. so... i get this...  I admit I wondered the same things previously...

I sound dour but I'm a die hard 1987 Wardancer sculpt fan and for 34 years I've loved the unit.  I want them back SO BAD....  But I'm also aware GW is fickle.  Things come back in surprising ways.  I honestly hope you are right and predict Wardancers come back and with a super effective WArscroll.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

The BSF heroes are all on the same sprue, they will never be released separately. Same thing with the adversaries (sadly, since those beautiful traitor guardsmen are on that sprue). Obsidius is on a sprue of his own, though. Likewise, the cultists in Escalation are a conveniently reboxable set. I really want to see what the Cursed City models are set up like... we have to hope for as many individual sprues as possible.

that kind of a shame, the Grot scuttling and Deathrunner where also on Share sprue in Silver tower. so they could never be release separately unless they made a new mold for them. 

34 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This is the first time I can say I actually dont like a model. That face is damn ugly. Looks like shes giving me duck lips or blowing me a kiss.

7ndLYgV9HmZiU0p8.jpg

I thought the same. I had been considering Sisters too, I did buy the Tariana Palos limited edition model because it’s such an awesome sculpt.

But this has absolutely nothing appealing about it. Her proportions look so off everywhere. Her hands are huge!!

11 minutes ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:

I thought the same. I had been considering Sisters too, I did buy the Tariana Palos limited edition model because it’s such an awesome sculpt.

But this has absolutely nothing appealing about it. Her proportions look so off everywhere. Her hands are huge!!

She may be standing in a bit of a squat. It's a weird pose anyway, and the cloth in front of the chest makes no sense.

I've heard the resemblance to a christmas tree (basically three triangles on top of one another), and can see it. Especially with the candles or star at the top.

15 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

She may be standing in a bit of a squat. It's a weird pose anyway, and the cloth in front of the chest makes no sense.

I've heard the resemblance to a christmas tree (basically three triangles on top of one another), and can see it. Especially with the candles or star at the top.

Yeah I think the massive (even for heroic scale) hands and the squat pose are far worse sins than the face sculpt. I hope GW somehow gets the feedback on bad sculpts like this (because if the rules are good people will buy it anyways).

14 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Ok - Old Dain is on point.

Makes me really excited to see some more clothed Dwarfs with shields and beards, and armour and with some Norse vibes. 

0CC30EB7-70E8-46BF-AF8A-071066B4F401.png

He is good. And, combined with the new Easterling reveal, suggests a proper look at Dale/Erebor during the War of the Ring.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

This is the first time I can say I actually dont like a model. That face is damn ugly. Looks like shes giving me duck lips or blowing me a kiss.

7ndLYgV9HmZiU0p8.jpg

The face doesn't bother me, got that angry Starbuck face down, but I think the whole model just looks too static/chunky.... feels very much like a really old sculpt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Agreed sire, thank god GW is giving us a helmeted option as well.

Yes the helmet option improves it significantly. But I'm glad the designer forgot the tactical battlefield jumping rock (TM) 😁

Quite like the pose actually, nice stoic look for a chaplain character