The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, silverstu said:

Good catch- definitely sounds like him -especially the part about pushing through walls.. interesting.. Still complicated though- they sense a god is coming but how are they reacting- ready to join him or ready to fight. That story might suggest the Orruks are splitting.. but then again Gordrakk is the Fist of Gork leading all those forces and the Gobbo chieftain who feels the Thump thump thing in later fiction manifests the Bad Moon . It’s intriguing but I think you could be on to something.. 

Have Bonesplitterz been mentioned anywhere in fiction/lore of joining Gordrakks big destruction army?

8 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Truthfully, I'd settle for an underworlds warband even. I can convert and kitbash from there xD 

An Underworlds Warband similar to that of the Soulblight one would be amazing.

2 hours ago, Wobbly said:

Have Bonesplitterz been mentioned anywhere in fiction/lore of joining Gordrakks big destruction army?

Not specifically but in the Short Story featuring the Mega Gargants, when one of the Murgg brothers stands up to his full height he sees a sea of green with Orruks of all types, Gargants, Troggoths, Grots and Ogors amongst the Waaagh. Every Destruction Faction is present.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Not specifically but in the Short Story featuring the Mega Gargants, when one of the Murgg brothers stands up to his full height he sees a sea of green with Orruks of all types, Gargants, Troggoths, Grots and Ogors amongst the Waaagh. Every Destruction Faction is present.

I'd say they are all going the same place, the short story about the old brute/ardboy throwing away his armor and putting on the paint, is quite the indication of what is to come and also the destination of all the destruction forces, related to Gordrakk or not. If anything it seems the Bonesplitterz might have an even stronger connection, as they completely give themselves over to the pure waaagh energies.

The shaman came towards him, dipping his gnarled fingers into a pot of fungus woad. Bokkrog let the old orruk smear the bright-blue pigment on his face and chest, too entranced by the clouds to stop him.

‘It’s time, in’t it?’ said Bokkrog.

‘It is.’

‘He’s comin’, in’t he?’

‘He is.’

Lets hope Kragnos got some good stuff to say with an army of Bonesplitterz comin, they usually quite enjoy hunting godbeasts ;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Urauloth said:

I'm not sold on this new vampire - there's something cartoonish about her stylization that I don't like. It might just be her hairdo, though. Different hair and maybe different colours could make a huge difference.

She also seems to have very sharp angles in her general form/attire... personally I love the design (she's no stunning beauty for sure but I dig her style... that said, I love the Gaunt Summoner too... I might just enjoy ugly as sin minis - and I mean that in the most lovingly way!).

I think turning her into more of a conventional beauty should be very easy with a simple headswap though. Her proportions will probably stand out still though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I'd say they are all going the same place, the short story about the old brute/ardboy throwing away his armor and putting on the paint, is quite the indication of what is to come and also the destination of all the destruction forces, related to Gordrakk or not. If anything it seems the Bonesplitterz might have an even stronger connection, as they completely give themselves over to the pure waaagh energies.

Lets hope Kragnos got some good stuff to say with an army of Bonesplitterz comin, they usually quite enjoy hunting godbeasts ;)

Perhaps when Warclans gets updated itll be a Lumineth Wave 2 level for Warclans with multiple units for both Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz.

40 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Could be that Kragnos might be in opposition the Waagh.. and the Orruks are sensing a challenge.. the connection to them could be he is a Hunter god.

Something big was coming, something that was just dying to shatter his skull ..

Plus Kragnos being in opposition would tie in with the Tzeentch prophesy of doom for the Bad Moon gits. 

‘You seek prophecy, wretch? You go to your death!’ he boomed. ‘The gate will shatter! The earth will tear! The sky shall eat the storm, and the serpent’s tide will rise..!"

Doesn't sound like they are heading to meet a new god pal.. the Loonking then drew on the power of the Bad Moon so still firmly Gorkamorka faction. Can't really see the green skins being led by a giant centaur.. stranger things have happened though!

3 hours ago, Souleater said:

@silverstuMaybe he didn't take it well...

Exactly.. and might blame Orruks.. [I read a bit of fluff that the Orruks destroyed a lot of the civilisations - maybe they are responsible for the destruction of his people]. 

Either way its still uncertain- I still flip between - he's definitely Order to he's definitely Destruction..

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Either way its still uncertain- I still flip between - he's definitely Order to he's definitely Destruction..

Either way he is very much attuned to the greenskins if all these broken realms short stories are anything to do by, he is also resting in Ghur, I really do not think he is order aligned. The way the story is heading is the big push for destruction, with a siege incoming, I dont think we will have a bunch of destruction facing this guy. 

It also makes more sense to get this new destruction character, as they sorely lack that, Gordrakk is after all just a megaboss with a headswap. We know from the rumor engines Kragnos is getting a model. My guess is the Kragnos book might have something like Big Waaagh but for all destruction factions, with him at the head. At least I find this guy the most interesting thing right now to see where they are going with that. Teclis we know is not really going anywhere against Nagash, and while cool, book 3 with Belakor will probably mostly be to establish more internal strife in the chaos camp, making room for a united destruction to really bring down the hammer on a fractured order, a besieged death and the major chaos players locked in civil war.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Perhaps when Warclans gets updated itll be a Lumineth Wave 2 level for Warclans with multiple units for both Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz.

Yeah, whom exactly are you kidding? A Lameineth Wave 3 is more likely than Orruks getting such a huge release. 

56 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Could be that Kragnos might be in opposition the Waagh.. and the Orruks are sensing a challenge.. the connection to them could be he is a Hunter god.

Plus Kragnos being in opposition would tie in with the Tzeentch prophesy of doom for the Bad Moon gits. 

Doesn't sound like they are heading to meet a new god pal.. the Loonking then drew on the power of the Bad Moon so still firmly Gorkamorka faction. Can't really see the green skins being led by a giant centaur.. stranger things have happened though!

Exactly.. and might blame Orruks.. [I read a bit of fluff that the Orruks destroyed a lot of the civilisations - maybe they are responsible for the destruction of his people]. 

12 minutes ago, cyrus said:

In the very first BR short story appear Bonesplitterz joining " Something far bigger. More primal. A god. "

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/30/broken-realms-the-clobbering/

I think you two are very close to convincing me that this is indeed  a new god(beast) of or against the greenskins - are they attacking Excelsis just to take down a CoS and attack Azyr, or could they be looking for more prophecies of this dude?

12 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, whom exactly are you kidding? A Lameineth Wave 3 is more likely than Orruks getting such a huge release. 

I wouldnt place any bets on that. And if that were the case that would be very sad for Warclans and the hobby as a whole. I believe personally after Soulbight we stop new Factions for a year or 2 and update existing ones. 

Radukar has a painting Guide up now!!

• Like 1

So the new warcom article lists Qulathis as a "large" size, and we know from previews that she's about the same size as the other humans... Critters n Keys confirmed? Bit weird to have regular humanoids as "large", when there's ogors and the new varghulf monster coming. This implies at least some amount of "medium" and "small" enemies that aren't zombies and skeletons IMO.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/QdNVnKkLupO6zYCi.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I wouldnt place any bets on that. And if that were the case that would be very sad for Warclans and the hobby as a whole. I believe personally after Soulbight we stop new Factions for a year or 2 and update existing ones. 

I am not sure Soulblight really "deserves" to be called a new faction, they are just Legion of Nagash without Nagash and the miniatures that were already put in other AoS2 Death battletomes..

There is not much "new" things in soulblight they are a AoS refresh of old miniatures.

Edited by ian0delond