The Rumour Thread

Just loving the shear volume of different Vampires we're getting.

Each one is bustling with character, each with their own style, aesthetic, story. I've always wanted to do a force of Vampires from across the Old World/Mortal Realms and I'm able to do that without converting anything! Vampire fans have really been spoilt this release, I'm so happy. 

They're nailing the aesthetics. I was worried they would be over 'aos-ified,' but you've got traditional feudal baroque gothic honourable Blood Knights. You have the twisted macabre aristocratic pompous swag. You've still got the old classics and entirely new forms and twists, it's absolutely perfect. 

There is honestly just something about seeing hordes upon hordes of shambling, unfeeling, merciless, dirty and dark toned painted undead, and yet the eye just catches this gleaming blood red Knight in the midst of it all, that emits both terror and honour. 

• Like 4

I’m glad they’ve stuck with some of the classic Vampire Counts look whilst also diversifying  the designs with the Cursed City stuff, Kritza and now this. They seem to have done a similar thing with Lumineth, in that there is some very obviously High Elf inspired carryover from WHF, but they’ve also sprinkled the range with strange creatures and designs befitting the mortal realms. There’s so much potential for individuality with a lot of the recent releases now which is great for AoS as a whole. 

• Like 4

It's hard to tell from the angle of the wing but to me these 2 RE Vultures are either from 2 different Factions or the same.

My first thought is that the larger more detailed Vulture is a Blood Vulture for Mawtribes and the smaller is for Death.

The other option is they are both for Death and are a new unit for Soulblight. 

2021-02-16.jpg

2020-09-29.jpg

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

It's hard to tell from the angle of the wing but to me these 2 RE Vultures are either from 2 different Factions or the same.

My first thought is that the larger more detailed Vulture is a Blood Vulture for Mawtribes and the smaller is for Death.

2021-02-16.jpg

2020-09-29.jpg

Based off of literally nothing I am going to guess Endless Spells?

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oooh for Soulblight?

Yeah I am thinking so, like the more detailed one is part of a larger spell and the less detailed one part of a carrion swarm type spell similar to the one seen in BoC. I could be wrong and these might just be base details for models or even on a scenery piece.

Edited by Neverchosen

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oooh for Soulblight?

Yeah, though the article mentions she's from Ulfencairn, so she might be part of an expansion for Cursed City game. But she'll still have a soulblight datasheet, and i assume will be included in the soulblight battletome. 

2 hours ago, Lenwe Seregon said:

It might be unpopular to say...but i hope if kurnothi are a thing they get bolted into sylvaneth to expand the range

Honestly, I hope the opposite.

Kurnoth was flayed and buried by Allarielle near Wald, because he was too savage according to Dark Harvest book. 

Kurnothi should be their own, separate faction, for a proper and throughout exploration of themes and aspects of the God of Hunt.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Yeah, though the article mentions she's from Ulfencairn, so she might be part of an expansion for Cursed City game. But she'll still have a soulblight datasheet, and i assume will be included in the soulblight battletome. 

Kritza was also originally announced as being from Ulfenkarn, but they showcased him in the latest Soulblight preview anyway. That makes me think that the city of Ulfenkarn will be part of AoS lore beyond Warhammer Quest, and that both Kritza and Annika will be available as regular hero options for Soulblight, not just as Cursed City expansion characters that also get AoS rules.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Yeah I am thinking so, like the more detailed one is part of a larger spell and the less detailed one part of a carrion swarm type spell similar to the one seen in BoC. I could be wrong and these might just be base details for models or even on a scenery piece.

So this is very well could be connected to this staff!! Necromancer model for Soulblight?! Or Tzeentchian Sorceror!?

2020-12-24.png

2021-02-16.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

2021-02-16.jpg

2020-09-29.jpg

At least one of these is gonna be an objective marker (or something similar) in cursed city. They showed off everything except those (I think there's supposed to be 6 in the box)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

At least one of these is gonna be an objective marker (or something similar) in cursed city. They showed off everything except those (I think there's supposed to be 6 in the box)

I could definitely see the smaller one being a marker!! 

7 minutes ago, Souleater said:

I would be surprised by vultures for Soulblight. Not something I associate with them.

Could be Ogors or FEC, maybe. 

I'm really hoping for Ogors myself. Alongside some of the weapons maybe we are getting a Frost King model!!

52 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

So this is very well could be connected to this staff!! Necromancer model for Soulblight?! Or Tzeentchian Sorceror!?

2020-12-24.png

2021-02-16.jpg

Very interesting, it also reminds me somewhat of the Ratprince... maybe we will have a vulture vampire lord? 🤩

I would love it to be Ogor related but that hand seems a little small to me. I hope I am wrong as I have 2000 pts of BCR in the backlog and i would love an appropriately themed mage. 

Edited by Neverchosen

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Very interesting, it also reminds me somewhat of the Ratprince... maybe we will have a vulture vampire lord? 🤩

I would love it to be Ogor related but that hand seems a little small to me. I hope I am wrong as I have 2000 pts of BCR in the backlog and i would love an appropriately themed mage. 

Oh I meant the larger Vulture as an Ogor related Engine, sorry mate. 

• Thanks 1