The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

No offense to any other army but if Kragnos isn’t a new, named BoC Hero, I’m gonna be very disappointed. BoC have need some love badly. And he looks like a Centigor.

Sorry, it's 99% not a BoC figure....

It does look to be this rumour engine tho! 

image.png.655ce62d0f75a0f367d715f7fd6c977e.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I will stand beside this Kragnos if that is the case!!! FOR BEHEMAT, THE BAD MOON, AND LONG LOST NEHEKEKHARA!!! 

AND THE GREAT GULPING GOD!!

16 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

No offense to any other army but if Kragnos isn’t a new, named BoC Hero, I’m gonna be very disappointed. BoC have need some love badly. And he looks like a Centigor.

If not BOC perhaps theyll oppose them and BOC will get some new minis!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MitGas said:

If Kragnos is not BoC, then BoC have a huge identity problem. He looks very Ghorros Warhoof-esque from behind...

Lots of beasty stuff (e.g. Kurnothi, Ogroids, Warcry stuff, Sphiranx, etc.) are not BoC, and the BoC line itself lacks visual cohesion. It's got Dragon Ogors, brown Goats guys, ornate blue Tzeentch stuff and even weird vestigial stuff like Chimeras and Chaos Spawn,

Looking through their webstore page, BoC feels more like it should be called "Stuff of Chaos".

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MitGas said:

It does look to be this rumour engine tho! 

image.png.655ce62d0f75a0f367d715f7fd6c977e.png

Pretty sure that is a kurnothi and the rumour engine proves there are more on the way. The video is the new character speaking, not the kurnothi guy there. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

Pretty sure that is a kurnothi and the rumour engine proves there are more on the way. The video is the new character speaking, not the kurnothi guy there. 

The only Kurnothi connection is Centaurs, and there are two other factions who already have Centaur units,  one of whom has two, so in that sense it's hardly a smoking gun either 

Oh and that Kragos, which isnt remotely Aelfish sounding, begins with a K I guess 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nos said:

The only Kurnothi connection is Centaurs, and there are two other factions who already have Centaur units,  one of whom has two, so in that sense it's hardly a smoking gun either 

Oh and that Kragos, which isnt remotely Aelfish sounding, begins with a K I guess 

I think it could be a new destruction force- the question is if it is elfy or beastly centaurs. I did have a thought that he is a god without a people and the Kurnothi are a people without a god.. he might take his place there similar to Morathi and the khainites [without the deception]. 

But really no idea which way its going to go... and dying to know too!

The Gravelords look great - My favourite is the female blood dragon banner bearer -shes great! looks like a great bunch of models but I reckon we haven't seen everything - they need a centrepiece model maybe? Love the bats, the skeletons are great sculpts but I'm not wild about them and prefer the current style, zombies are a big improvement!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I would be beyond delighted to finally get a full Kurnothi faction, separate from Sylvaneth.

There are four big problems with this:

1.  Kragnos does not sound Kurnothi or Aelf.  Indeed, it sounds more like BoC or something from Destruction alliance.

2. Take a look at his entire body, it is covered in too much metal. A avatar of Kurnoth would be all nature, not wearing trophies made of metal around his horse body and decorating his shield with metal. 

3. Too little "nature ornamentation" for a important Kurnothi character. Go take a look at Orion and then look again at Kragnos.

4.  Far too many Aelf factions. GW is smart, they gave us plenty of elves already, better wait a few years and then release Kurnothi for maximum orders.

gw-99810204004-0.jpg

Kurnothi.png.02cd2812eeabdcddde6e9db5f6da7d8a.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

he doesn't look like  a beastmen though, considering that they tend to have anamorphic animal heads, Centigors also have clawed limbs too (though they can redesign that weird aspect of them.) Dragon Ogors obviously have reptilian bodies that doesn't match this either.

i think i agree with some that he looks like an Ogroid (probably a non chaos one)

since he getting a broken realm book, he probably a God/near god like being like Bel'kor, Morathi and Teclis. maybe a Godbeast

• Like 2

Just now, novakai said:

he doesn't look like  a beastmen though, considering that they tend to have anamorphic animal heads, Centigors also have clawed limbs too (though they can redesign that weird aspect of them.) Dragon Ogors obviously have reptilian bodies that doesn't match this either.

i think i agree with some that he looks like an Ogroid (probably a non chaos one)

since he getting a broken realm book, he probably a God/near god like being like Bel'kor, Morathi and Teclis. maybe a Godbeast

An Ogroid army would be amazing and their background is basically a blank slate. The 2 exisiting kits are fantastic!

51 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

If Kragnos is not BoC, then BoC have a huge identity problem. He looks very Ghorros Warhoof-esque from behind...

Lots of beasty stuff (e.g. Kurnothi, Ogroids, Warcry stuff, Sphiranx, etc.) are not BoC, and the BoC line itself lacks visual cohesion. It's got Dragon Ogors, brown Goats guys, ornate blue Tzeentch stuff and even weird vestigial stuff like Chimeras and Chaos Spawn,

Looking through their webstore page, BoC feels more like it should be called "Stuff of Chaos".

I could imagine their release tactic is to release the god-specific kits first (2 down, 2 to go) and then turn put them together into a huge BoC army (complete with new "undivided" kits)... I also think it's sad to see them be pushed aside. I always thought that the BoC are truly scary and gloomy creatures, like the grown-up version of orks... y'know, the stuff you'd actually be afraid of in the forests. 

The one good news is that if they release Wanderers/kurnothi/whatever they are, Beastmen would actually be a PERFECT counterpart to them. I always thought they'd match up well against Sylvaneth but I guess they did the whole Nurgle angle there... either way, hoping you get what you 're looking for.

Which reminds me... they name-dropped Tzeentch for this preview and then have nothing. Don't do that, GW,  that's what we call a bird move in our culture. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

A Wild Hunt that ravages cities to allow for nature to reclaim!

I think this has potential, whether Kurnothi specifically or not. If anyone's read the Swamp Thing comics, it could be a bit like the distinction between the broad concept of 'the Green' (nature as in plant life, harmonious, orderly even when acting in retribution) and 'the Red' (nature as in animal life, red in tooth and claw, constant competition, dragging others down). If that sounds like the distinction between Ghyran and Ghur, yeah, same concept.

I think there's room to distinguish Alarielle/the Sylvaneth and Kragnos/a heightened, more aggressive splinter of the Kurnothi on this basis. I saw some stuff mentioned elsewhere about Kurnoth being a (questionably, partially) dead god, why not have the bit that returns be his more brutal, anarchic, Destruction-oriented side? Like how of the different aspects of Nagash, the bit that really took ascendency post-age of chaos was the brutal and uncompromising Undying King (the big skeleton lord) over and above the calmer, gentler Nagash-Mor or the Forlorn Child aspects. Maybe Alarielle even locked away Kurnoth's Kragnos side in the Beastgrave, for the sake of a more orderly world. 

Maybe then that Kragnos is back, unearthed, furious that his people are lost. His new people, then, a hot-blooded medley of humans and elves and other races, finding a growing animal anger in their hearts, growing horns and other mutations, lifting weapons of iron and bone and whatever is to hand for the sake of asserting their dominance and breaking down the unnatural cities of Sigmar, driving off the sterility of Nagash, and beating back the corruption of chaos.

That's all spitballing of course but it's one way they could take it. The tricky thing is that the whole 'bestial, anarchic, ruin of civilisation' conceptual space is one that's already claimed partially by the BoC... Looking forward to finding out more about Kragnos.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

****** WHOEVER COMPLAINS ABOUT AOS BEING FORGOTTEN IN FAVOUR OF 40K NEED SHOW THEM 2020-21 RELEASES!!

So so so happy for everyone who was looking forward to Soulblight those Blood Knights are stunning!! 

BR KRAGNOS.

KURNOTHI? DRAGON OGOR? ORION?

All I know is I am hyped as hell and I personally believe regardless of what race they belong to, these guys are going to be DESTRUCTION. We are expanding beyond Greenskins and Hungry lads people!!

If he is a Dragon Ogor he would be a giant-sized Shaggot. Age of Myth Dragon Ogors were big enough to blot out the sun.

Moving aside for one moment.

When lockdown ends the gw stores will operating on a different model moving forward even after all restrictions and social distancing regulation is lifted.

moving forward the stores will still do intro games and intro painting, but you can forget about using your local store for a game or to sit there doing hobby for an afternoon.

the whole move is to maximise the retail rather than community side, which currently they (gw) would prefer you to do at away from stores.

there isn’t a timeframe for this- essentially how long is a piece of string.

I was talking to a gw store manager today who is also a good friend and so this was from the horses mouth.

He was keen to emphasise that this strategy is all about ensuring the retail spaces are as profitable as possible in order to recruit new blood into the hobby and increase profile post pandemic.

anyway... back to blood suckers and centauroids looking at a sleeping mountain..

3 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

If he is a Dragon Ogor he would be a giant-sized Shaggot. Age of Myth Dragon Ogors were big enough to blot out the sun.

Give us a Mega Gargant sized Dragon Ogor Shaggoth!!

2 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

When lockdown ends the gw stores will operating on a different model moving forward even after all restrictions and social distancing regulation is lifted.

moving forward the stores will still do intro games and intro painting, but you can forget about using your local store for a game or to sit there doing hobby for an afternoon.

the whole move is to maximise the retail rather than community side, which currently they (gw) would prefer you to do at away from stores.

I was talking to a gw store manager today who is also a good friend and so this was from the horses mouth.

He was keen to emphasise that this strategy is all about ensuring the retail spaces are as profitable as possible in order to recruit new blood into the hobby and increase profile post pandemic.

anyway... back to blood suckers and centauroids looking at a sleeping mountain..

I dont game myself but that has go to be a massive blow to a large portion of gamers. That really is sad for them.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Honestly I feel like this is a bad move for GW.

Alot of us purchase from 3rd party for that juicy 15-25% off.

If they focused the stores on that 'community' aspect, I imagine they'd get a lot more people casually buying up stock whilst they're there.

I remember being a youngling and using my wee pocket money to buy up a fair few hobby tools and paints when sitting and hobbying in GW but now I barely go into one unless it's to pick up the occasional White Dwarf?

The only games I would pick up would be at my local GW too unless it was on my kitchen table with me brothers too and I learnt half I knew about painting from advice from some of the vets kicking around.

Hell, the busiest that place ever was looking back was on the 'beginner mornings' on a Saturday when a bunch of the young 'uns were kicking about playing together and I saw a meself fair amount of mams and das spending cash on new stuff bc little Timmy wanted some terminators for 'next week'

I guess we'll see if it pays off but idk, seems like a mad blow to try and get kids in but not offer them a place to hobby and game together.

• Like 5