The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Concidering GW only commissions Artworks with actual units, we can also assume Direwolfs (next to the Vampire Lord) and Zombie Dragons to receive new kits

The VLoZD is pretty close to the new Blood Knight design so not necessarily. Plus it's still in use for FEC.

99120207035_FleshEatersVampireonZombieDragon01.jpg

I'm more curious about those spears in the back. The tease video last time showed what looked to be some very long spears/pikes that were out of focus and them popping up on the cover art probably isn't a coincidence. 

‘Kragnos’ doesn’t follow any of the Kurnothi naming conventions we’ve seen so far, which are all very Celtic/Gaellic sounding such as ‘Althaen’, ‘Sheoch’ and ‘Lighaen’.   Plus Kurnoth isn’t exactly buried under a mountain, and it would be a weird move to tie the Kurnothi to a different god. 

The centaur in the video probably isn’t even this Kragnos character - we don’t often see the faction leaders in these videos (eg Katakros not appearing himself in the OBR one).

It seems more likely Kragnos is either something completely new, or is somehow linked to something like Beasts of Chaos. 

My first thoughts on Kragnos was that he was an Ogorid with a horse butt. He doesn’t look like a Kurnothi to me seeing and he hasn’t got the woven armour. Plus he says his people are gone. There are very few Ogroid but the Kurnothi appear to still be very much around.

I’m not sold on him being Kurnothi. Kragnos isn’t a very elfy name, he’s looking at a ruined city when he says ‘my people were gone’ and I doubt Kurnothi live in cities like that, and his shield is that rumour engine with the dwarf looking shields which doesn’t match the Kurnothi we’ve seen so far. Now, who/what he is, I have no idea. 

I have a sliver of hope that Kragnos is something to do with new Dragon Ogres. In WHFB, there was Krakanrok the Black, a mountain sized Dragon Ogre that slept under the earth / in the mountains. 

Please please please I just want a reborn Kholek Suneater. If Sigvald can be brought back, my boy Kholek deserves it too. 

Edited by Heijoshin
  • Like 2

I am seeing a lot of people doubting Kragnos being a Kurnothi and let me phrase it this way:

What are the odds of a new AOS release which isn't an Aelf? ☺️

I am actually delightfully stumped but I do think it is related to Kurnoth but maybe not Alarielle maybe we will see a Destruction Army based around centuars and fauns. Lots of interesting potential in this release. Although, I would be extremely happy for Beasts of chaos to get some love as well... lots of interesting possibilities in this release.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

I have a sliver of hope that Kragnos is something to do with new Dragon Ogres. In WHFB, there was Krakanrok the Black, a mountain sized Dragon Ogre that slept under the earth / in the mountains. 

Please please please I just want a reborn Kholek Suneater. If Sigvald can be brought back, my boy Kholek deserves it too. 

You'll be thinking of Krakanrok the Black, who was the god beast sized dragon ogre who had custody of the slayer of kings till Arky went and nicked it off him. :)

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

1234567.png

At last my medieval dead army is back.. yay!!

Now... anout the lovely zombie dragon in the background...  and his pet dire wolf....

oh my days!!!

However, the old fc bloodknight mounts looked way more brutal and dynamic.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

10 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

You'll be thinking of Krakanrok the Black, who was the god beast sized dragon ogre who had custody of the slayer of kings till Arky went and nicked it off him. :)

Nobody knows what happened, but even his sons are still looking for him:
Krakanrok.jpg.f589cb69c428561cbd7d8b67229a91a7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Even if he's not Kurnothi, I definitely think it's Order related. We know that Beastmen absolutely despise civilisation and literally exist to tear it down, whilst Kragnos is overlooking the ruins of a city whilst talking about "[his] people" being gone.

The reference to his people being gone is related to the fact that Sigmar when on a campaign to purge and slaughter the dragon ogors in Azyr.

I don't see anything dragon ogor on this reveal. The word mountain on the voice over maybe but that is a word used all over. 

Also his 'fancy' shield people spoke about dwarf trophies -  why does it have to be the trophy of dead dwarves could he not have been given that stuff or they  made it for him? 

Edited by Svalack
  • Like 2

Unfortunately I don't think it is Kurnothi.

I would love for Orion 2.0 to be the god released from Beastgrave, but i think that the aesthetic of the centaur looking fella is slightly different from the current Kurnothi.

For example, the woven armour from the WHU warband and Cursed City vs the straps & round shields.

Skaeth also has a weird barbed tail, not that flowing horsey tail from the teaser.

The shield does look like that rumour engine shieldy thing with the duardin runes. But bot sure how that would fit in to the Kurnothi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I call redherring ! 

Think back to the Ossiarch Bone Reapers preview trailer, they had Vokmortian feature in the trailer and it wasn’t for quite some time that we saw it was actually Katakros  - so with that in mind, could it be that this centaur fella is not in fact Kragnos, and that either he is a herald/champion or not even allied. 

As for the preview very impressive , hurray for zombies and vastly better to the Grave carriers, the skellies again super cool, though i hope we keep the normal skeleton and just get rid of Grave guard as a kit if one had to go. The Blood Dragons look cool, there a static-ness about them, but I think it’s the lack pf shadow in the paint job and pictures.  I cannot wait to see the wolves, very very hyped for them. 

now, suprisingly the 40k stuff was very intresting, the Ork’s look dynamite and I hope the mech cover Magos gets a big big kit. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3