The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Please no XD the last thing we need is more Hand of Dust type mechanics.

Here's the catch it is only useable by a Gnoblar hero who has the exact stats of a regular Gnoblar.

Either that or all Chaos Halflings wield Fell Blades, sometimes you just gotta Power Creep with the best of them.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

are those warden's spears off the sprue or elongated?? because the second from the right is so clearly bent... if these are from the sprue i'm kinda glad i didn't buy wardens :(

I have 30 and not one that’s really bent like that, but some people had problems with bent ones already on the sprue. They can get replaced but it takes a while. 

The Wardens look really great in units, but they definitely are the easiest models to handle, even with straight spears. I haven’t had any real problems with transport, but during play it can cause issues. That’s true for many other models though. 

• Like 1

Wardens are very irritating when playing the game in my experience so far.. It takes time for each charge, pile in etc where you have to dance around the opponent's models just to bring them close and my opponents get anxious when they move their models because they don't want to damage my models by accident.. That is the reason I have only 40 of them and in spite the fact they are the most reliable of our units will try to use as few of them as possible with the new release wave..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

eable by a Gnoblar hero who has the exact stats of a regular Gnoblar.

Here’s the catch, it is a skaven weapon forged with  warpstone, made to kill gods and it’s wearer

I would love to see more randomness included in the aos (especially in the skaven) range 

which would be a great start with the fellblade.

just make it incredible strong, but have the chance of it killing it’s own wearer in a single turn.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Regarding Kurnothi as a faction.

If we are ever to get them, I believe for a proper exploration of all themes of a Hunting deity, that a standalone faction is a must.  Forcing them to share battletome with Sylvaneth is a bad option in terms of lore, aesthetics and possible rules.  Kurnothi are the exploration of savage bestial aelves dedicated to a Hunter deity.

I would love to see in AOS 3. a story where Kurnoth is reborn truly and tried to make realm of Ghur his own. After all, there was a description in Orruk battletome that Ghur was once ruled by hunter kings and shape-changing beast lords.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sorrow said:

If we are ever to get them, I believe for a proper exploration of all themes of a Hunting deity, that a standalone faction is a must.  Forcing them to share battletome with Sylvaneth is a bad option in terms of lore, aesthetics and possible rules.  Kurnothi are the exploration of savage bestial aelves dedicated to a Hunter deity.

I would love to see in AOS 3. a story where Kurnoth is reborn truly and tried to make realm of Ghur his own. After all, there was a description in Orruk battletome that Ghur was once ruled by hunter kings and shape-changing beast lords.

I love the idea of new beastly wood elves but I’d think they’d be an expansion to Sylvaneth. I hope they get rid of the fiery mowhawks too they look hideous especially on the shapeshifter cat it put me of getting the warband 

6 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

I love the idea of new beastly wood elves but I’d think they’d be an expansion to Sylvaneth. I hope they get rid of the fiery mowhawks too they look hideous especially on the shapeshifter cat it put me of getting the warband 

Will they be a expansion to Sylvaneth? Most likely.

Is that the best choice to fully explore the Kurnothi? No.

Whether or not the Kurnothi get their own tome, I’m so interested to find out about their relationship with the Sylvaneth. The Kurnothi we have seen in model form all have the same lamentiri (soul pods) in their stomachs as Alarielle’s children, so we know they are no more aelves than Tree-Revenants are. It would also suggest their souls are harvestable somehow, in the same way the Branchwyches (or Wraiths, I forget) nurture and preserve the essences of the tree spirits.

Has Alarielle grown and shaped them to reflect what she recalls of Kurnoth’s likeness? Are they her vanguard for his return? Or did Kurnoth himself take a portion of Alarielle’s soul pods and create them before his destruction, making them the last survivors of his people? I always saw him as a hunter, with the creation role being fulfilled by his Mage-Queen, but it’s possible, I guess.

The former would lend itself to weaving the Kurnothi into the Sylvaneth, where they become another extension of Alarielle, adding further depth and dimension to her representation as the goddess of Life, which is obviously just as much about plants and growth as it is the predator/prey dynamic and the hunt. They become her memories of her consort-king, made flesh in preparation for the day when she is able to restore him to his full majesty and he rides again, spear in hand, the whole of the firmament shining in his antlered crown.

The latter might fit better with them being a wandering troupe, racing leaderless through the realms on a never-ending hunt because it is all they know, all they remember. 

Either way, the possibilities are many and I’m excited!

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros

22 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Will they be a expansion to Sylvaneth? Most likely.

Is that the best choice to fully explore the Kurnothi? No.

Less armies with more entries are always the best choice for AoS. Sylvaneth, Fyreslayers, Ironjawz are still  injured by early choices of GW with multiple small armies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Sorrow said:

Yep I'd love all that and let sylvaneth get new forms themselves. However there is the argument that there are too many factions so a sub faction might be more likely [although a few rumour folk stated they would be their own thing when they arrived]. They are essentially the Kings court vs the Queens Court- maybe a new title to cover both factions?

3 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

I love the Mohawks! Reminds me of the first war dancer miniatures by Jes. They are more manes anyway..

20 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Morning yall!

Was the last Cursed City article last Thursday?  Pretty excited for the possibility of another today!!!

Weeeeeee so hard!!!😄

Hope so! Really looking forward to seeing more..

5 hours ago, Sorrow said:

Words can't properly convey how great it would be as a new Destruction faction.

1 hour ago, Sorrow said:

0DOy0985AiC8tj1M.jpg

Between Henry Cavill and Sigvald I can safety say this is a hobby that simply makes one more handsome. The fact that Robin Williams was a Warhammer fan and both Napoleon and Peter Cushing were into tabletop gaming proves it also makes one more talented. At least this is how I will justify my next army to my partner... and she will likely respond "Who is Sigvald"?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 1