The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

With Morathi broken realms we got events in motion that probably lead to the new Slaanesh battletome. Maybe the same thing will ocour here. Teclis assault affect Nagash, which lead us to the Soulblight Gravelords battletome.

Let‘s face it: whenever Nagash is fought he dies. So Teclis slays Nagash (because apparently Nagash is the weakest god ever), which enables all of the undead to act independently. Hence the power vacuum is filled by the power-hungry vampires.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Kinda weired that all Swordmasters aparently got flags. I would expect the leader or the flag bearer but all the soldiers? Imagina the mess 🤣

I think it's meant to be like Japanese sashimono back banners, which (as far as I can tell) were at least at one time worn by lots of samurai, ashigaru and other soldiers. It doesn't look great to my eyes but there's something like RL historical precedent.

oda_yari_samurai_by_dvaler21_ddbmszw-pre

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Let‘s face it: whenever Nagash is fought he dies. So Teclis slays Nagash (because apparently Nagash is the weakest god ever), which enables all of the undead to act independently. Hence the power vacuum is filled by the power-hungry vampires.

I'd love this.

2 minutes ago, Ghoooouls said:

I'd love this.

I honestly don‘t. Whenever GW wants to show that someone or something is powerful, this something kills Nagash. I‘d prefer Teclis‘ armies to be shattered so for ONCE we see the actual power and cunning of the god of death.

#NagashFanClub

Maybe Nagashs total undead-dominion gets scratched and some can flee his will?

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Im setting my expectations for Soulblight. 

Im on the confident side that we'll get a proper revamp but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if all we saw was the Warband and whatever models are in a potential Quest set, with the full revamp coming much later. 

If it was just one extra Vampire Lord, why even change the army name if it was just one new model. Could've just kept it as Legions of Nagash: Vampire Lord. I know FEC were made practically from a couple of units but LoN already had a large selection that surely one more model wouldn't warrant a complete change. 

Completely agree. I am still sticking with my original timeline of Vampires in spring/early summer. So I would not be surprised if we see very little of Soulblight Gravelords tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

I honestly don‘t. Whenever GW wants to show that someone or something is powerful, this something kills Nagash. I‘d prefer Teclis‘ armies to be shattered so for ONCE we see the actual power and cunning of the good of Death. 😕

Yea wouldnt love nagash to get whooped, I mean I'd love for vamps to come to power.

Edited by Ghoooouls

7 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

me if it was just one new model. Could've just kept it as Legions of Nagash: Vampire Lord. I know FEC were made practically from a couple of units but LoN already had a large selection that surely one more model wouldn't warrant a complete change. 

I share the same thoughts. The fact that the leaked photo actually shows the packaging as "Soulblight Gravelords" it would seem that these models (or at least that leaked Vampire Lord) would be releasing sooner rather than later. If it was just the single Vampire Lord, why would they change the name instead of just calling it "Vampire Lord Legions of Nagash." Obviously releases and timing have changed a lot over the last year due to COVID. I just think it is strange that they would have these models packaged and ready and then not release anything for many months. However, if it is in fact a supply chain problem I can buy into that since Slaanesh and new LRL stuff needs to go out too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Completely agree. I am still sticking with my original timeline of Vampires in spring/early summer. So I would not be surprised if we see very little of Soulblight Gravelords tomorrow.

I'd agree if we hadn't already seen the leak from a blister pack. To me that suggests they're not that far away, sitting in a warehouse waiting for distribution.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I honestly don‘t. Whenever GW wants to show that someone or something is powerful, this something kills Nagash. I‘d prefer Teclis‘ armies to be shattered so for ONCE we see the actual power and cunning of the god of death.

#NagashFanClub

The power and strenght of death has already been shown off during the soul wars, the siege of Lethis and Katakros' invasion of the eight points so a total victory against Teclis would not only be redundant, but also really dissapointing way of showing of the new Realm-Lord releases. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I think it's meant to be like Japanese sashimono back banners, which (as far as I can tell) were at least at one time worn by lots of samurai, ashigaru and other soldiers. It doesn't look great to my eyes but there's something like RL historical precedent.

I love those back banners! (but I only put them on primes)

Spoiler

IMG_20210113_204126.jpg.50c3637edd191cd92dccc2c40a2ab849.jpg

IMG_20201120_190701283.jpg.f9532a4af671bc5abb9006f2de31e421.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd agree if we hadn't already seen the leak from a blister pack. To me that suggests they're not that far away.

I could try to argue a bunch of stuff about supply chains, Covid delays and market saturation, but honestly I have no idea what GWs production cycle usually looks like. I think they produce products a long time in advance, and I know stuff that is just being released now has been in the works for a while. But I can't pretend that I know what that fully done blister means in regard to release timing.

39 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I love the banners personally, although I am worried that they are adding more delicacy to already breakable models... 😵
I really hope that they can be taken as battle line replacing Wardens with Swordmasters for certain generals or sub-factions. 

I think that with AOS nice melange of cultural influences and unique fantasy elements that Lumineth are the most mercurial. I can see the Samurai influence and a lot of people point out the Ancient Grecian military themes. However, to me the Lumineth remind me of South Asian particularly Hindu cultures with some cultural hints of the Islamic Golden Age and Continental European Enlightenment. I feel in a manner that they are the army that I have the most potential paint schemes and themes to potentially run with*. I feel the Chaos Gods will be mad when I get me some of them shiny nerd elves...

I am clearly over hyped for a unit thats hasn't been confirmed. I feel like the cavalry, cloud elf and mounted hero is pretty bulky for a release already...

@JackStreicher Nagash has become something like Galactus in Marvel Comics. One of the most powerful and godlike entities who has become a cosmic punching bag. However, overcoming Death/God is a pretty amazing story telling device...

*Personally think I will run with a Zelda/Hylian theme because my nerdiness knows no limits.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I knew about those flags but i tought it was worn only by a flag bearer or something.

Cool

8 minutes ago, LordAlpharius said:

The power and strenght of death has already been shown off during the soul wars, the siege of Lethis and Katakros' invasion of the eight points so a total victory against Teclis would not only be redundant, but also really dissapointing way of showing of the new Realm-Lord releases. 

The problem is that the Soul Wars were a consequence of his spell going awry (because some Skaven unwittingly thwarted it) and having to make the best of a bad situation. We hear a lot about the Nighthaunt rising up everywhere, but there's rarely much narrative gain to that it feels like.

The Eight-Points was a 40k Chaos-style "Hahaha I actually MEANT to lose!" which will most likely go nowhere - although I trust the AoS team to actually do something with that plot thread unlike over in 40k.

The issue with Teclis bloody'ing Nagash's nose is that it just sort of ends up making Nagash look more pathetic than he, personally, already does in the face of other gods. I don't mind having a god-character who's strength is acting through his minions rather than directly crushing skulls, but at this point it'd just feel like Nagash is the nerd of the High School Pantheon who makes a bit deal of how he's totally going to get one over his bullies, then gets shoved into a locker with a canned laughter track playing.

That being said, I could see Teclis succeeding largely because his name is on the cover and also because it could serve as a potential plot thread to give different undead more independence, potentially opening the door for more Death vs Death.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

It also opens up story options for Vampires to be doing more than backstabbing each other at fancy balls and parties. AoS has a fine line to walk between having gods so powerful they dominate their own factions and the story; and having room for smaller characters to have agency and impact on the setting. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The problem is that the Soul Wars were a consequence of his spell going awry (because some Skaven unwittingly thwarted it) and having to make the best of a bad situation. We hear a lot about the Nighthaunt rising up everywhere, but there's rarely much narrative gain to that it feels like.

The Eight-Points was a 40k Chaos-style "Hahaha I actually MEANT to lose!" which will most likely go nowhere - although I trust the AoS team to actually do something with that plot thread unlike over in 40k.

The issue with Teclis bloody'ing Nagash's nose is that it just sort of ends up making Nagash look more pathetic than he, personally, already does in the face of other gods. I don't mind having a god-character who's strength is acting through his minions rather than directly crushing skulls, but at this point it'd just feel like Nagash is the nerd of the High School Pantheon who makes a bit deal of how he's totally going to get one over his bullies, then gets shoved into a locker with a canned laughter track playing.

That being said, I could see Teclis succeeding largely because his name is on the cover and also because it could serve as a potential plot thread to give different undead more independence, potentially opening the door for more Death vs Death.

The invasion of the eight points was a massive strategic victory for death for Death (death is right now the only faction with a solid foothold in the heartlands of Archaons empire), so it is hardly the usual 40k just as planned ******. Furthermore, neither the Lumineth nor Nagash need to win a total victory for the story be satisfying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think Teclis is intending to destroy Nagash;  I'm going to place my bet that He intends to split off an Aspect of Death consumed by Nagash in the Age of Myth.  Teclis will help bring back one of the Old Gods of Death to rival Nagash and sunder his hold on Shyish.  This will open the way for many undead, such as Vampyres, to rebel with a reasonable chance of success.   If successful, perhaps more Old Gods will splinter from Nagash as his hold weakens. The Realm of Death is not working as it should and Teclis intends to return it to balance to help stabilise the Realms.

Edited by Aelfric
  • Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 1

I dont see why Nagash needs to get bloody nose'd for Vampires to take more control - tbf, if that's the way it's going, nothing in the narrative so far says the Vampires can't be semi retcon'd into always have been independent to an extent?

Have Teclis arrive, faces off against Olynder, takes a dub.

Have Nagash find out what's happening but his personality fracture is on the frits since his dosing on the Nadir.

Wants to go do something but the Death pantheon are all a bit worried he isn't doing too well and needs more time to recover.

Manfred steps up and says that Nagash doesn't need to worry and get up from his chair.

Him and Nef get sent to go deal with it, get some nice Vampire interaction as they debate what to do.

Have some very clear sketchy dialogue that the two of them don't respect Nagash and are waiting for the time to strike and if it wasn't for Olynder/Kata/Arkhan, they'd have kicked his skull down into the Nadir. 

Have Nef or Manfred mess up some LRL - if we need the Deus Ex, Katakros turns up and Teclis sees Shyish as a harder prize so retreat s 'for now'.

End with Arkhan POV as Nagash reveals an 'all to plan' moment that he thinks Manny or Nef are working against him and that it's about time to reveal the next member of his new death pantheon ...

In rolls next Mortarch and Segway into Soulblight.

Teclis gets a dub against Olynder and the Nighthaunt.

Vampires can be in rebellion.

Nagash can actually do something that isn't be a character equivalent to a boxing bag

Edited by Dreddships
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

I don't think Teclis is intending to destroy Nagash;  I'm going to place my bet that He intends to split off an Aspect of Death consumed by Nagash in the Age of Myth.  Teclis will help bring back one of the Old Gods of Death to rival Nagash and sunder his hold on Shyish.  This will open the way for many undead, such as Vampyres, to rebel with a reasonable chance of success.   If successful, perhaps more Old Gods will splinter from Nagash as his hold weakens. The Realm of Death is not working as it should and Teclis intends to return it to balance to help stabilise the Realms.

And we know how good Teclis plans usually work.. Sooo no problem? 😬

Spoiler: Broken Realms 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

#NagashFanClub

I feel your pain.  Everytime in Fantasy they wanted to make an army look tough they would just drop them on a Karak, I think one Daemon armybook had a record of 3 Karak's destroyed.  Couldn't even keep count of them all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maier666 said:

I mean Hysh is literally breaking apart due to the spirefall, which was caused by Teclis's creation of the Lumineth. 

So in terms of actual Broken Realms, I'd say Teclis is already winning compared to the other gods. They really need to up their game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Right now the major leaders of the vampires are mortarchs which are basically recreated characters from Nagash's memories of those people plus some other dark spell stuff. Basically they are free thinking creations of his own mind. They are as like to be plotting against Nagash as they are to think they are plotting against him when they are just a facet of his own personality working with him toward a greater long term goal.

The idea of fragmenting/weakening Nagash's totalitarian hold is to create the actual situation where others in the Death races can rise up against him; resist him and have true freedom to act. Right now if Nagash says jump all of death, bar the Flesheaters, basically says how high. Which means once he's finished sorting out his realm and taking it over he'll have the biggest and greatest single military force of any of the other gods or races bar perhaps the Skaven (who are one of the few underworlds who are also holding out against Nagash).

The idea that Death as a Grand Alliance becomes a little more fragmented brings it into line with the others and means that stories about Death don't have to rely on just Flesheaters messing things up

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Maier666 said:

Between Nagash being a huge chump and Teclis hecking everything up for everyone, this seems 100% in line with their previous characterization. All that is missing is Nagash building another Black Pyramid and Skaven blowing it up again somehow.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
Censored as to not offend delicate sensibilities