The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

I rather like the vampire. Especially with it having a mace, it doesn’t seem like an overly typical vampire weapon. 
I wasn’t sure about the kanga-cav initially but they’ve grown on me just this morning. 

I'm pretty happy about the Mace too! It's nice to have more weapons besides swords being common :)

Now we just need more flails... maybe some jewelery chain would make an easy conversion for the vampire mace ;)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

So much new Lumineth coming out, the next Broken Realms have to be for Teclis  

Gw teased “Aelf Panteon” just before the first Broken Realms. Most of people refused to see, but we have aelfs for a long time.

Edited by Ragest
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber

Interesting to see old fashioned leaks again. GW have been ahead of them recently so will be interested to see how they respond, if this affects what they'd planned to show off on Saturday?

As for the models, will wait to see some better pictures before deciding if I need another army.

• Like 1

Soulblight Gravelords are a cool name and I'm glad that apparently blood dragon aesthetic is here to stay. The name suggests that skeletons and zombies might be rolled in to the faction as well. Wouldn't complain (and I probably decided on my next army project :D).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dekay said:

Soulblight Gravelords are a cool name and I'm glad that apparently blood dragon aesthetic is here to stay. The name suggests that skeletons and zombies might be rolled in to the faction as well. Wouldn't complain (and I probably decided on my next army project :D).

Absolutely ! Legions Of Nagash were quite clearly Grand Alliance : Death 2.0, as those Soulblight Gravelords are clearly Vampire Counts 2.0. 

Because in between we got Nighthaunt, new FEC, and Ossiarch Bonereapers

And "Gravelord" can cover everything that was in Legions of Nagash, at least skeletons and zombies in addition to vampire-related stuff like bat

1 hour ago, pixieproxy said:

So how real are we taking the new Vamp Lord? I really really want it to be real but I'm tempering my excitement till I see something from GW.

There's a 99.9% chance it's real. On the infinitesimal chance it's not real, it's the most convincing fake ever, as the model doesn't have a clear basis on any known sculpt, the packaging is appropriate for single character models, the name 'Soulblight Gravelords' is unheard of and very much fits in with the AoS naming conventions, and there's no obvious errors with regards to the font placement or size. 

I advise you treat it as real; you won't be disappointed :)

• Like 1

I'm on the fence about the leaks; I quite like what we've seen, but at the same time they take out some of the excitement from the reveal itself. Kinda like when we got the Warcry book with the Slaanesh faces in; it wasn't a 'leak' as such, but it did take the edge off the reveals. I'm a little worried that these leaks will have the same effect, especially if we get more. 

It might also lead to fans wanting more than what's been leaked - again, like the Christmas Slaanesh release, people were disappointed it was 'just' Slaanesh. I worry it could lead to the same reception here if more is leaked, or if this is the only vampire at the reveal. What's done is done now, but I think it would have been cooler for these to be a total surprise. 

I hope we don't get any more leaks, and that there's still a load of cool new AoS stuff at the reveal.

• Like 5

Soulblight release makes sense, it was the one notable faction which had its own allegiance but no book or models to go along with it. That new years teaser with the more traditional skeleton and pistol zombie had me wondering whether it was gonna be a Cities of Nagash sort of deal, but I guess not. Or hey, maybe both? Though it would be weird to give spooky ghosts a whole book to themselves while bunching Vampires, Zombies and Skellies together. 

Edited by Klamm

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I'm on the fence about the leaks; I quite like what we've seen, but at the same time they take out some of the excitement from the reveal itself. Kinda like when we got the Warcry book with the Slaanesh faces in; it wasn't a 'leak' as such, but it did take the edge off the reveals. I'm a little worried that these leaks will have the same effect, especially if we get more. 

It might also lead to fans wanting more than what's been leaked - again, like the Christmas Slaanesh release, people were disappointed it was 'just' Slaanesh. I worry it could lead to the same reception here if more is leaked, or if this is the only vampire at the reveal. What's done is done now, but I think it would have been cooler for these to be a total surprise. 

I hope we don't get any more leaks, and that there's still a load of cool new AoS stuff at the reveal.

I get where you are coming from, and in general I am generally not happy about leaks, as it does damage a company's ability to market its own products how it wants. But personally, this is 1000% times better than days and days of rumour engine teasers which ultimately amount to nothing within a timeframe that makes sense. By nothing I don't just mean "on the 25th they didn't reveal what those rumour engines were", which I will say is annoying in its own right. What I mean is that its a GW tried and true practice of teasing out every. last. drop of hype milk from us, the consumer cows and it just doesn't do anything for me anymore. It creates no buzz or hype in me to see a small piece of a puzzle and trying to guess which of the 5 or 6 possible factions  across 2-3 (maybe more) games it could belong to. 

If GW had done nothing else all of December but shown a clear, crisp photo of this model, it would have Orthodontists all over the world fully booked for weeks because of all the jaws that dropped to the floor. 

I am not a massive fan of leaks like I said, but these leaks are far far more interesting that rumour engines, because at least they show something that is more tangible and substantial. But most importantly, it doesn't make me feel like I am being taken for a ride. 

Just my opinion of course. 

Edit: I know the counter point to what I just said is "Well, they were going to show a clear, crisp photo during the livestream" and don't get me wrong, I know that. My point is more to the frustration of these rumour engines and GW's lack of substantial teasers

I do kinda like how GW are handling the Old World reveals atm. Its piecemeal, but methodical. It would be great to have this done for new AoS releases. Stretch the reveal window a bit longer but have it more thorough and going into some design philosophy of the army, instead of packing all the info in a week. 

Edited by Heijoshin
  • Like 5

I've been thinking about the vampire's leak. And on the cover of the box it clearly says Vampire Lord. So we have a new sculpture but the Vampire Lord warscroll already exists.

I guess the Gravelords are just an update of the existing units. Do you think the skeletons will still be there ? I think so, but the nighthaunts and the 2 morghast units won't be in the battletome.

I'm sure we'll have
- new zombies
- the zombie boss draugr with the axe

-blood dragon

Overall i'm super excited for the new models, but don't know if the army will be for me. Can"t wait for saturday.

Oh and i know i'm getting this vampire lord model, it's fantastic i love it

10 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

I get where you are coming from, and in general I am generally not happy about leaks, as it does damage a companies ability to market its own products how it wants. But personally, this is 1000% times better than days and days of rumour engine teasers which ultimately amount to nothing within a timeframe that makes sense. By nothing I don't just mean "on the 25th they didn't reveal what those rumour engines were", which I will say is annoying in its own right. What I mean is that its a GW tried and true practice of teasing out every. last. drop of hype milk from us, the consumer cows and it just doesn't do anything for me anymore. It creates no buzz or hype in me to see a small piece of a puzzle and trying to guess which of the 5 or 6 possible factions  across 2-3 (maybe more) games it could belong to. 

If GW had done nothing else all of December but shown a clear, crisp photo of this model, it would have Orthodontists all over the world fully booked for weeks because of all the jaws that dropped to the floor. 

I am not a massive fan of leaks like I said, but these leaks are far far more interesting that rumour engines, because at least they show something that is more tangible and substantial. But most importantly, it doesn't make me feel like I am being taken for a ride. 

Just my opinion of course. 

Edit: I know the counter point to what I just said is "Well, they were going to show a clear, crisp photo during the livestream" and dont get me wrong, I know that. I my point is more to the frustration of these rumour engines and GWs lack of substantial teasers. 

I do kinda like how GW are handling the Old World reveals atm. Its piecemeal, but methodical. It would be great to have this done fore new AoS release. Stretch the reveal info a bit but have it more thorough, instead of packing all the info in a week. 

Yeah, I get that too :) I don't know how much I like the way GW handles hype; at first I was all for the rumour engines (in general) but I think it can lead to frustration too when there's no clear payoff for them. I'm not sure what I'd prefer more - it could be a case of the grass looking greener on the other side - but I feel I'd like less drawn out hype building would be better. So you learn about a release maybe a month in advance rather than four months or more. Otherwise it can be frustrating waiting for news on what you're interested in, for example the wait on Sons. 

Of course, covid has messed everything about release schedule so a lot of this wait might not be intentional.

58 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm just going to say this, that's why you keep your expectations measured. People place way too much wishlisting on reveals when it's a common thing for GW to mainly preview what has been teased and then they cap off the reveal with something huge. Thinking like that is setting yourself up for disappointment, I'm might be sounding harsh here, but when this was pointed out people preferred to plug their ears. 

3 minutes ago, Sance said:

I've been thinking about the vampire's leak. And on the cover of the box it clearly says Vampire Lord. So we have a new sculpture but the Vampire Lord warscroll already exists.

I guess the Gravelords are just an update of the existing units. Do you think the skeletons will still be there ? I think so, but the nighthaunts and the 2 morghast units won't be in the battletome.

I'm sure we'll have
- new zombies

-blood dragon

Overall i'm super excited for the new models, but don't know if the army will be for me. Can"t wait for saturday.

Oh and i know i'm getting this vampire lord model, it's fantastic i love it

I believe Gravelords will be the new LoN, more or less. People in the Death subforum have been speculating about the possibility of Soulblight replacing LoN since October. I think Arkhan, Nagash and the Morghast will be out, and Nighthaunt will finally be properly separated from the other undead as well. I expect a build out of Deadwalkers, Soulblight and the bats and wolves portion of LoN. Deathrattle will probably be in the book, but I don't think they will get a lot more than maybe a new hero, since they are by far the most complete subfaction already.

I also think that GW will use this opportunity to discontinue all the Finecast stuff currently in LoN, so if anyone wants to pick up any of the old Vampire Lords, now is probably the time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sance said:

I'm sure we'll have
- new zombies

-blood dragon

Out of all the old undead range, zombies, dire wolves and blood knights are probably the only units that really need the update. Everything else still looks great.

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I believe Gravelords will be the new LoN, more or less. People in the Death subforum have been speculating about the possibility of Soulblight replacing LoN since October. I think Arkhan, Nagash and the Morghast will be out, and Nighthaunt will finally be properly separated from the other undead as well. I expect a build out of Deadwalkers, Soulblight and the bats and wolves portion of LoN. Deathrattle will probably be in the book, but I don't think they will get a lot more than maybe a new hero, since they are by far the most complete subfaction already.

I also think that GW will use this opportunity to discontinue all the Finecast stuff currently in LoN, so if anyone wants to pick up any of the old Vampire Lords, now is probably the time.

I think this is the case, the fact that they're called Gravelords makes me believe this is going to be a replacement for LON.