The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Does anyone know if there are/were (did I miss it?) plans to separate out the starter box for Beastgrave into individual kits?  I'd really like the Beastmen warband.

So far I think they've always released separate warbands around the time the starter for the next season is released, so I'd expect to see the same for Beastgrave. I don't think we've heard anything specific about it though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, shinros said:

They're aren't ascetic in my opinion, they're excessive in the sense their addicted to murdering people in contrived ways that's their indulgence. They just don't get off at bodily pursuits anymore, they're more obsessed with killing people in awesome and pretty ways. 

Fair enough, I was definitely applying the term loosely especially considering their ornate and awesome fashion. However, I still think excessive discipline is something that is really fascinating and oddly fitting for Slaanesh's disciples. 

But, I still like that they showcase a different form of Slaanesh worship than what is often attributed to those that follow the Lord of Excess.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

So far I think they've always released separate warbands around the time the starter for the next season is released, so I'd expect to see the same for Beastgrave. I don't think we've heard anything specific about it though.

They haven't released warbands form Nightvault starter as separate kits. They only did it once with the original S1 starter.

Edited by PaniuBraniu
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, amysrevenge said:

Does anyone know if there are/were (did I miss it?) plans to separate out the starter box for Beastgrave into individual kits?  I'd really like the Beastmen warband.

Most likely, you can buy all the other warbands on their respective faction pages. Though they don't come with the cards for them (and are in grey plastic).

11 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

Can someone explain to me where did the pirates part in vampires came along? Total War? that's fantasy battle and has nothing do with AOS...

Pretty much, there does exist undead pirates in the form of The Wraith Fleet from Fire Storm, but that was a mixed undead force not just vampires. It's a cool idea and part of the lore, but I don't think the initial soulblight will be pirates.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yep looks like vampire lady sword masters... daughters of Abhorash maybe? These look very interesting.. I based my WFB VC around martial female vamps, be interesting to see their lore. 

Maybe they are agents of Neferata. In 8 Lamentations, some of them were trained by a vampire who might be Abhorash (armor, dragon, sit at the top of a mountain, and the best at combat by vampire standard). So...maybe Aleya ?

13 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

Can someone explain to me where did the pirates part in vampires came along? Total War? that's fantasy battle and has nothing do with AOS...

Yes, there's never actually been hints or rumors from any legitimate sources that the vampires would be pirates. Certainly, vampire hints, but not pirate vampires. At around the same time the Soulblight looking rumor engine pics came out, there was also some nautical looking pics and crab-claw looking pics, which together people took as being a hint towards vampire pirates. The former turned out to be from the Kraken-eater gargant and the latter looks like its going to be Slaangors. However, somehow its taken on a life of its own, probably just from the popularity of the vampire coast when they ended up in Total War.

They were an actual army in fantasy having rules in a White Dwarf (which I still have), but not AoS you are correct. At least, not those pirates specifically. There are vampire pirates in AoS, and they had rules before. The Wraith Fleet  are undead led by a vampire pirate that came out during the Firestorm campaign with their own allegiance, in fact, here's the article that covered them: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/21/the-armies-of-firestorm-the-wraith-fleet-sep21gw-homepage-post-4/
 I think they've still been mentioned in the lore here and there too. So, they do already exist, just with no current rules or models as Firestorm was during first edition I believe.

40 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

I'd say it's more of a meme than something with any substance, sort of like how people read one line about Grot-Pirates in the first Kharadron book and took it as gospel they'll be landing. Part of it's genuine wishlisting (as above there's a mention or two of a Vampirate fleet), a lot of it's meme'ing, 

I think a lot of it stems from 'Vampire Pirates' being one of those more whacky, out-there concepts that people feel would fit AoS - Elves... but Aquaman! Slayers... but on fire! Space Marines... on the ground!

Keeping in mind that the Vampire Coast was largely a creation of CA absolutely stretching the most threadbare bits of scattered lore lines/a one-shot White Dwarf article to piece it together.

3 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

Probably not until Season 5. Beastgrave's cards are still legal, so presumably we'll see a separate, individual release for the Cursebreakers and Thorns very soon and the Wild Hunt/Despoilers next year.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Fair enough, I was definitely applying the term loosely especially considering their ornate and awesome fashion. However, I still think excessive discipline is something that is really fascinating and oddly fitting for Slaanesh's disciples. 

But, I still like that they showcase a different form of Slaanesh worship than what is often attributed to those that follow the Lord of Excess.

These new guys reminds me of the Persian Immortals from 300.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

They say, right after a(nother) Fantasy character was brought into AoS.

I dont think Vampirates are actually happening, but if GW wanted them, they already exist in the lore, and "Vampires, but pirates!" is exactly the kind of twist to a traditional idea that AoS would use. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Oh I definitely agree, I think it would be fun to see them in stories as they call others of their kind barbarians for getting off on far more crude and simpler pleasures. But it's interesting to see that they can also slip and turn into twin-souls. 

Edited by shinros
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

hmm most people say that the  April Warband symbol belong to bonesplitterz, but looking at the symbol again i can see it being Spiderfang too since it look more fang-like then beast boned oriented

Well we have seen lots of ramshackle weapons on some of the rumor engines (one that even looked identical to a weapon used by an old orc chariot).....maybe we could see a new faction of orruks? 

• LOVE IT! 1

I also wonder if the “werewolf” like leg perched on the ruins might be one of the new forge world gundabad fellbats. They certainly have a canine appearance, and I can’t see the legs on one of the models. Guess we could compare the ruins.

im probably wrong though, at least I hope so. I’d like more soulblight love from GW

2 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

Well we have seen lots of ramshackle weapons on some of the rumor engines (one that even looked identical to a weapon used by an old orc chariot).....maybe we could see a new faction of orruks? 

its a possibility

it just that symbol doesn't really scream Orruk to me. the style feels a bit different

we are all kind of assuming its for Destruction since they always tend have at least one warband for every GA in each season.

it could be the silent people for all i know

41 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd say it's more of a meme than something with any substance, sort of like how people read one line about Grot-Pirates in the first Kharadron book and took it as gospel they'll be landing. Part of it's genuine wishlisting (as above there's a mention or two of a Vampirate fleet), a lot of it's meme'ing, 

Too be fair the grotbag scuttles have also appeared in the Gloomspite Gitz book, and a few other books, so those are less of a meme and more of a tease.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

Too be fair the grotbag scuttles have also appeared in the Gloomspite Gitz book, and a few other books, so those are less of a meme and more of a tease.

Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1