The Rumour Thread

Oh and an updated version of Forsaken would fit Tzeentch to a T as well... our God is generous with his gifts! So yes, Exalted Sorcerer-warriors (maybe a mix out of Adrian Smith's artwork and Mysterio) and a few lovely good mutated freaks would be nice. *gets put back in his padded cell*

25 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Granted, there's already the Curseling, and it would be awesome to give him an updated sculpt and then drop a few champions to support him, and it makes logical sense for Tzeentch to invest in heavy forces to round out his troops, but since when has Tzeentch ever been accused of logic or making sense?

That's what I was talking about. Anyone remember the old Age of Reckoning (no need to talk about how good or bad game...)?
I loved that Tzeentchian Chosen and walk around the Innevitable City. I know that they were part of the Old Worlds, but still, we have the Curseling that has the same feeling. Maybe more elite than Chaos Warriors and more akin to Chosen.

(Note: Of course, everything AoS'fied)

Pics in the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

Tzeentch Chosen 2.jpg

Tzeentch Chosen.jpg

Tzeentch Lord.jpg

Edited by Beliman
Grammar and spoilers
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, Rollcage said:

Aelves are basically the space marines of fantasy. Storm cast failed to be as popular as elves. So they do a big campaign of elf setup. 
I mean essentially they have 5 elf armies to setup into the story. 
Sylvaneth 

Daughters

Lumineth 

Idoneth 

Malerion shadow elves.

So the big army release we know is coming aligns with this because Slaanesh who is the ultimate elf villain is getting a major model release and update in the next few months potentially. Surrounding this Aelf campaign.

We already had Morathi, Alarielle and Idoneth in the book 1 of the campaign. But Idoneth and Alarielle were not resolved at all. The hint on the warhammer article basically tells us to expect a lot more Alarielle and Teclis. So it is logical to conclude more Aelf love to come. 

If Aelves are Space Marines then Duardin are clearly Xenos 😢 

And Chaos is Chaos 😇

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That's what I was talking about. Anyone remember the old Age of Reckoning (no need to talk about how good or bad game...)?
I loved that Tzeentchian Chosen and walk around the Innevitable City. I know that they were part of the Old Worlds, but still, we have the Curseling that has the same feeling. Maybe more elite than Chaos Warriors and more akin to Chosen.

(Note: Of course, everything AoS'fied)

What a beautiful post. There's also a lot of beauty in Adrian Smith's work for Tzeentch... I really hope Tzeentch will get his share of Warrior-love. It's literally the only thing missing from DoT's range. Every other box is checked. I know I'm greedy, I'm sorry for it but I "spam" these things in case someone from GW might stumble across it and know that there's a demand for this side of Tzeentch's forces as well. Tzeentch's the true master of bunny ears! Oh and look at his (that ultra sexy* cool dude in the middle) knee, that's where kairic acolytes come from. ;) I'd also post the image of the 40k sorcerer by AS as it's that cool but well, this is AoS. I hope we see more of Adrian's work in GW products again. 

qYQS3_gNmmTGdrLGXUVcfZ6KeHxIaxp_wv61uQfC

*yeah, I find that look ultra sexy. :D Take that, Slaanesh! 

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

If it's okay for Tzeentch to not have their type of Warriors/Chosen for you, then it's totally okay for Nurgle (and Nurgle's been spoiled since 10 years in both systems, pun intended) to not have anything like Marauders-types either, you misguided follower of the Plague God. :P 

That's my point though, I don't want "Marauders but Nurgle" because there's already Marauders with the mark of Nurgle and because then it would be just a box-ticking exercise for the faction. I would like something conceptually distinct, something weird and unique to Nurgle like these hypothetical death's head grenadiers. Also yes, Nurgle's received a lot of attention (a lot more in 40k, mind) but they still only have two mortal units.

I've not got anything in particular against armoured Tzeentch dude and get the precedent in concept art/background but like... make them more than can be represented by regular old chosen/chaos warriors with additional curly stuff on their armour, you know? Skullreapers have their daemonic swords and tally thing, Wrathmongers have less armour and unique hammer-flails, Twinsouls are half-daemon and have exotic weapons. For theoretical armoured Tzeentch dudes, what's their shtick? Maybe they ride on discs, or can cast spells, or have flaming weapons, or fight with staves and swords, or have a Forsaken-style dual build option. That sort of thing, that's more conceptually interesting to my mind.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Rollcage said:

Aelves are basically the space marines of fantasy. Storm cast failed to be as popular as elves. So they do a big campaign of elf setup. 
I mean essentially they have 5 elf armies to setup into the story. 
Sylvaneth 

Daughters

Lumineth 

Idoneth 

Malerion shadow elves.

So the big army release we know is coming aligns with this because Slaanesh who is the ultimate elf villain is getting a major model release and update in the next few months potentially. Surrounding this Aelf campaign.

We already had Morathi, Alarielle and Idoneth in the book 1 of the campaign. But Idoneth and Alarielle were not resolved at all. The hint on the warhammer article basically tells us to expect a lot more Alarielle and Teclis. So it is logical to conclude more Aelf love to come. 

Sylvaneth are not Aelves though.

1 hour ago, ReynakZhen said:

Well yeah, indeed they are not. 

- But the Tree-Revenants and the Spite-Revenants are partially made form Wood Elves souls.

- Their Godess was an Elf.

- Their faction name end with -eth like current Aelven factions. 

So the confusion is often made. And GW themselves (at least the WarCom and White Dwarf teams) are not always clear on their terminology. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

That's my point though, I don't want "Marauders but Nurgle" because there's already Marauders with the mark of Nurgle and because then it would be just a box-ticking exercise for the faction. I would like something conceptually distinct, something weird and unique to Nurgle like these hypothetical death's head grenadiers. Also yes, Nurgle's received a lot of attention (a lot more in 40k, mind) but they still only have two mortal units.

I've not got anything in particular against armoured Tzeentch dude and get the precedent in concept art/background but like... make them more than can be represented by regular old chosen/chaos warriors with additional curly stuff on their armour, you know? Skullreapers have their daemonic swords and tally thing, Wrathmongers have less armour and unique hammer-flails, Twinsouls are half-daemon and have exotic weapons. For theoretical armoured Tzeentch dudes, what's their shtick? Maybe they ride on discs, or can cast spells, or have flaming weapons, or fight with staves and swords, or have a Forsaken-style dual build option. That sort of thing, that's more conceptually interesting to my mind.

Yeah, I get where you are coming from - I was joking more or less (except for the filthy Nurglite part ;) ) . I'd also be all for something akin to poxwalkers or whatever cool they can come up with. And that said, I'd also be all for new Undivided Marauders, cause there's room for improvement. When I think of Tzeentch Warriors, they're more like Chosen -  I'd like to see  something akin to Fantasy Exalted Sorcerers from the TS. An elite unit that can cast a spell, is pretty capable in melee and costs a lot of points. It's pretty much the missing piece in our lineup. If they get mutations in a dual-build to make new Forsaken or something that represent big T's love for beautiful gifts, all the better.

So, maybe a bit conspiracy theory-ish, but I do wonder why the Slaanesh release was split up. I remember back when the first wave came, we were all a bit disappointed at a lack of mortals. I wonder if the first wave was a test of popularity, a way to get people wanting mortals, they just didn't have the mortal side ready but wanted a release to make sure Slaanesh had something, they wanted to coincide it with the narrative, or something else? 

Slaanesh never struck me as one of the more popular armies, so it seems strange (though good for me and other fans) that they will have had a release of new models four years in a row assuming the new release is 2021.

(Wrath and Rapture Dec 2018, Hedonites 2019, Shadow and Pain 2020, probably Sigvald and friends 2021) 

30 minutes ago, Enoby said:

So, maybe a bit conspiracy theory-ish, but I do wonder why the Slaanesh release was split up. I remember back when the first wave came, we were all a bit disappointed at a lack of mortals. I wonder if the first wave was a test of popularity, a way to get people wanting mortals, they just didn't have the mortal side ready but wanted a release to make sure Slaanesh had something, they wanted to coincide it with the narrative, or something else? 

Slaanesh never struck me as one of the more popular armies, so it seems strange (though good for me and other fans) that they will have had a release of new models four years in a row assuming the new release is 2021.

(Wrath and Rapture Dec 2018, Hedonites 2019, Shadow and Pain 2020, probably Sigvald and friends 2021) 

Both aelves and Slaanesh have surely been prominent because their shared plot line is both original and dynamic. Taught Sigmar and the Stormcast how to tell a story in their own supposed Age!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Enoby said:

most likely a timing issue, they could not get that part of the range done and out of the public for the Hedonite books so they had to launch the daemon side and delay the mortals  until now,  another theory would be that Emperor Childrens is on the horizon and they wanted to coincide the Slaangors for that release.

if people believe that Lumineath are getting more models so soon after their BT then it probably also because they couldn't fit them in the initial release due to time constraints.

EDIT: it not really 4 years in the row though, since i think those boxset are related to the slaanesh model releases

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

EDIT: it not really 4 years in the row though, since i think those boxset are related to the slaanesh model releases

I would agree it's not four big releases in a row, but rather Slaanesh will have had a new model released (whether a single hero or a big release) for four years in a row. They do coincide with bigger releases, they're just been spread out a lot 

25 minutes ago, novakai said:

Battleforce prices have been posted

£125, €160, $210 for all 4 AoS boxes

higher prices this time around but the discount is the same for the larger amount of models in these boxes this year.

Only an extra £5 on top of the most expensive boxes from last year but having a good chunk (£40-50) more value is a good sign

Glad those initial rumours of £140-150 didnt turn out true

Edited by Dreddships
Missed clarification

1 hour ago, carnith said:

I swear I remember from a live stream it was said they didn't have anything planned yet. Perhaps they hadn't yet settled on what Slaanesh mortals looked like when designing the new Keeper and only after the book, did the process start?

To this I would just like to point out the rumor engines for the Slaanesh Lord of Pain (fully sculped and painted) started showing up 5 months after The Hedonites battletome got released.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

To this I would just like to point out the rumor engines for the Slaanesh Lord of Pain (fully sculped and painted) started showing up 5 months after The Hedonites battletome got released.

That’s not surprising with the lead time of the models. The rumour picture could even be off a test sculpt. 

Right, but the point I'm making is that from how rapidly the lord of pain showed up, (and how far their design team works in advance) GW was almost certainly working on Slaanesh Mortals before The Hedonites battletome got released. 

Edited by Athrawes
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, GutrotSpume said:

Anyone else hoping the Mortal Slaanesh release is a separate book to the hedonites? Not personally a fan of the daemon models, apart from the new DP dude and the Keeper.

I think it would be a massive shame if they couldn't be used together - keeping them in one book keeps them consistent, but also means people who like both (e.g. me) could use both, and people who don't can limit themselves to the parts they like

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, ReynakZhen said:

Alarielle is an Aelf goddess of life. She just abandons all the aelves in the lore. Games workshop posted the Aelf pantheon and she’s in the picture. The broken realms article states that the Aelf gods are rising against chaos and Alarielles named next to Morathi and Teclis. 

• Like 1