The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

Okay thank you, I get paid end of the month anyways so that’s when I’d order it. I think my partner is getting me katakros and nagash for Xmas so hopefully they won’t be in the box 

I tend to think, how quickly could I a) afford to get something and b) actually build and paint it. If as is the case here there is likely to be a box sooner than I'd actually be likely to mak progress on the project, then its best to be patient, wit and see. There is nothing more frustrating in the hobby than rushing to buy something, and then seeing it cheaper while its still sat on the sprue waiting to be built.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

Okay thank you, I get paid end of the month anyways so that’s when I’d order it. I think my partner is getting me katakros and nagash for Xmas so hopefully they won’t be in the box 

Katakros and Nagash are quite a task by themselves. A single box to get your paint scheme straightened out and then on to those could tie you over quite a while.

40 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Point is, the SC Beastclaw cannot possibly become even cheaper. Quite likely it will get more expensive (or even reboxed to whatever can be sold for more, regarding the current trends). Now would be the point to buy. But I didn’t make progress on my current miniatures in the last weeks. 😬

There are some rumour engines that could be BCR though, which could be a new hunter model that could be introduced in a new set. Also, there already is a new Frost sabre design, but only one of them in the Underworld set. Would be nice to expand that to replace the finecast ones.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Overread said:

Vampires, Light Aelves, Shadow Aelves. The three armies that have been hinted at heavily in the lore since AoS started and of which 2 we are still waiting for. 

Also new terrain for Nurgle in 40K which likely easily carries over to AoS if you want to show off some nurgle industry

Si3ZJYoIMdSY0bg5.jpg

As soon as I saw this I thought this would be great for my realm of metal nurgle skirmish warband, built from DG & poxwalker models. I'm no keen on the flies, they are very flat looking but otherwise this is a real nice bit, got a very 80s chaos feel to it.

I'm also having feelings for adding one to my Chaos-adron overlords too...

Edited by RexHavoc

7 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

I tend to think, how quickly could I a) afford to get something and b) actually build and paint it. If as is the case here there is likely to be a box sooner than I'd actually be likely to mak progress on the project, then its best to be patient, wit and see. There is nothing more frustrating in the hobby than rushing to buy something, and then seeing it cheaper while its still sat on the sprue waiting to be built.

With the trend of gw lately you wont have this problem.

I bougth around 2500 tau points 5\6 years ago for around 450€ (i didnt like 40k so i only built the 50% or so) and now with the new gw prices all my tau would cost around 550€.

Seems now its better invest in gw models before gold lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The Zoat isn't a pre-order for this week. So it seems Blood Bowl will be two weeks pre-order, it is very strange to see a long pre-order in November.

Its cos this stuff should have been released probably in september or early October they are a few months behind at least. It why I think there are no christmas battle force boxes this year.

Between GW's general lack of rumours and Corona it very hard to predict what we might or will see week to week. I'm sure even GW is having to make both long and short term changes to the line up to shift things around.

As for Christmas Boxes we really don't know. I know that they've yet to cast and ship my Ripper Sargent model that I ordered a month or so back so I know that their back end is still not working smooth. At the same time Christmas bundles are a BIG sales thing for GW and whilst they've had a good year (compared to many firms) I suspect they still want to tap into the Christmas Market. Even without battleforces they'll see a higher demand on stock. 

I have no clue, nor am I in a place to speculate on the release of Battleforces. However, I do think that it is interesting that people just assume they will or wont happen. I think there is the possibility of it being a much smaller release. Maybe fewer Battleforce boxes this year or fewer boxes in number will be produced. It could also be a case in which the boxes chosen are the models that take the least resources or plastic to produce. So once again I cannot begin to know what will be released, but I am prepared for them to either have a normal release, not be released at all, or come out in a more limited manner.

• Like 1

I feel like they would have announced that there will be no battleforces this year by now if there wasn't going to be any, they are hurting their own sales at this point by leaving everyone in limbo. Me and quite a few people from our local shop group are holding onto our money just in case, i think anyone who trys to get the most model for their money does the same at this time of year. 

You could argue we will probably just spend it on GW stuff in the end - i'm sure some of us would have bought Catacombs and other releases if we knew there wasn't battleforces coming. 

Going to call it now definitely no battle forces they have so much stuff out of stock online at the moment I just cant see it feasible they have mass produced hundreds of sprues of thousands of discounted boxes and havent told us what they are yet . I mean the mega gargant is brand new and has been out of stock for weeks. They cant sell this stuff fast enough 

I'm sure we will find out in due time. Until then I'm still sitting here waiting and hoping for my Morathi order to arrive tomorrow (at least then I can stop avoiding threads on the site for spoilers).

As for GW's production, who knows, some of the individual product shortfalls we have now might be because they've split production to allow for battleforces over Christmas. Or they'll make them in reduced number or "made to order" for a limited time. Or they might do webstore bundles or even vouchers. There's a good few methods that they can use to promote sales if they choose. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Overread said:

As for GW's production, who knows, some of the individual product shortfalls we have now might be because they've split production to allow for battleforces over Christmas. Or they'll make them in reduced number or "made to order" for a limited time. Or they might do webstore bundles or even vouchers. There's a good few methods that they can use to promote sales if they choose. 

Lets not forget the very real possibility that it will be ten different boxes of Primaris Space Marines consisting of the same models with a different faction specific upgrade sprue thrown in to differentiate the boxes.

It is GW after all... 😛 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Oceanic_Eyes said:

Is it possible the battleforces are just delayed? I'd imagine they'd want to get them out in time for the holidays, but a lot of their release time line has been heavily delayed (Gargants were supposed to be out in July I think?)

Unlikely. Big product shifts like that which are timed to specific calendar events are not easy to just move. The Christmas bundles partly work because they happen over Christmas. It's the focal point for why GW does it. Now they can do made-to-order and sell over christmas and then ship after; but they can't easily do a Christmas promotion in January or February. You might get to push a little say a "New Years" release, but that's not much movement room. 

In practical terms its like Indomitus - you either do it or you don't. For the Christmas Bundles the worst GW would have is potentially being left with a lot of boxes stored up that they can't use, the sprue and bulk of content is their own to produce. 

In the end we don't know and we won't know until GW confirms or we hit Christmas. 

Battleforces usually come out end of November and only tend to leak if the xmas catalogues come out early as there is so little work involved. Id be pretty surprised if they dont appear tbh as they have always been a solid earner for GW and covid isnt crippling plastic production that badly afaik.