The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, michu said:

In new WD there will be solo rules for AoS!!

I loved the aos solo missions, the quest to slay the troggoth king was really enjoyable during lockdown......although I still had my son roll for the troggoths so it didnt feel completely solo 😄

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

Here’s hoping for a bit of Orruk love with an attack on excelcius, considering orks got skipped over in terms of new models, terrain and spells with this codex update, it would be great to get a new model kit. Heck, I guess I could convert all those cool néw bloodbowl orks, but I already got more brutes and ardboys than I need. 

I too would love some new models for my ironjawz army (🤞🏼Grimgor), but I do believe after seeing the recent rumor engine (the one that looks like a club) we can expect to see a nice big overtyrant/frost king model for mawtribes.💪🏽

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Aleser said:

Do we expect Underworlds at start of month or more around Christmas?

Probably the start. If I remember right there's usually a two week gap over Christmas without any releases, although with their accelerated release schedule I could see that narrowing to one maybe.

My guess is the Battleforces the first week of December and then Direchasm, although not being a mainline game they could combine that release week into one.

Christmas Day will probably be the new AoS army reveal ALA Gloomspite, if not then it'd be their usual New Year Open Day (although that's usually more of a 40k showing).

Edited by Clan's Cynic

There has been no sign of Christmas catalogues yet and the battleforces are usually announced before they start getting sent out. I'm honestly not expecting to see them this year, not with the production being affected as it has but perhaps they are just late announcing them not wanting to cut into sales for current releases. With both 40k & AoS having big releases in the last couple of weeks and now with blood bowl next week, I suspect that it will time to show them if they are coming.

I'd say we will see a stormcast one for sure and possibly one for the Lumineth as they were the big/new release for AoS this year. I'd like to see a KO one again and suspect we might see a Slaanesh one, especially if they are too have a new battletome next year. They do seem to be the big focus of chaos right now. 

That said, maybe they won't do them this year. They did have quite a few left over from last years so maybe the novelty of them is starting to wear thin, so we may see something else instead.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I said ******!!! Get these guys a GA Destro card and slide em all up in their own faction!!! Daddy needs a new army!!!

Thats a brilliant mini- I've liked both Zoat sculpts and they would make an interesting expansion of Destruction forces. 

I'd love it if they brought back Regiments of Renown so they could add small forces without having to do a full faction- like a Zoat unit and a few characters you could add to any destruction army for example, [or my wanted AoS style dwarf ranger force]. They could add more strange elements to the setting without getting overwhelmed with factions, but the models would be there to expand into factions..The Warcry sets are almost this.. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I think if there are any battleforce boxes we'll see them announced before the end of November - 15th or 22nd would be my punt.  There's only 3 weekends in December prior to Christmas Day so for anyone wanting them for presents, it'd be cutting it really close if nothing happened until next month.

As a few people have said, I'm not fully convinced we're getting any this year - happy to be proven wrong on that one though.

"Far above , clinging to the spar of a bladed tower, was a figure wreathed in shadow. He could see the creatures eyes, pinpricks of crimson light, boring into him.
He caught the impression of a pair of bat like wings unfurling, and there was a sudden rush of air. In an instant the thing was gone, leaving Ven Brecht alone on a dead ship."

Maybe vampires? Ven Brecht have +1 to hit VAMPIRES, and his bloodline fails to the Curse of the Vampire. Maybe some agents of Neferata that are on the Cities and Sigmar and didn´t want the political changes of the dark elves?

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

OBR, Ogors, Slaanesh. 

This is my prediction re battleforces

I am going to guess something similar: OBR, Ogors, Nurgle and Fyreslayers or Cities (Freeguild or Living Cities).

I feel it is too close to the release of Shadow and Pain for them to release a Slaanesh Battleforce. Especially as I have not seen GW release a pure daemon box for a battleforce so it would have to canibalize many of the models from Shadow and Pain. I could also see Beasts as another potential for Chaos. But I could be wrong as releasing the Slaanesh battleforce would synergize well with Shadow and Pain.

30 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

"Far above , clinging to the spar of a bladed tower, was a figure wreathed in shadow. He could see the creatures eyes, pinpricks of crimson light, boring into him.
He caught the impression of a pair of bat like wings unfurling, and there was a sudden rush of air. In an instant the thing was gone, leaving Ven Brecht alone on a dead ship."

Maybe vampires? Ven Brecht have +1 to hit VAMPIRES, and his bloodline fails to the Curse of the Vampire. Maybe some agents of Neferata that are on the Cities and Sigmar and didn´t want the political changes of the dark elves?

This is how Malerion looks now or at least from first and last apperance in aos book from 2015

malerion.jpg

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

Sounds to me like it’s deliberately meant to be ambivalent as to whether this figure is a vampire or shadow-elf-thing. GW dangling the hints with some misdirection, keep folks guessing.

1 minute ago, Doko said:

Malekith in the book of end of times fused with his dragon seraphon(i know people think is fake but they havent read the book then).

When he was almost dead at his last moments alarielle fused his dragon with him to save his life so now he have that image that was posted,bcause he is half dragon half human now

Did... you just call Malekith, the king of all Aelves, part human?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2