The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Charleston said:

@Inferno

You can see that thoose are very similar, but yet different bits, by looking at the handle. One is on a chain, one has a broader handle and a ghastly hand grabbing it

Given how similar they are though, I wouldn't be surprised if the mega-gargant is basically carrying around a bit from an as-yet unreleased kit. Sort of like what was pointed out earlier with the Slaaneshi Direchasm archer's arrow also being in the mega-gargant bits.

2 hours ago, Svalack said:

Beasts of chaos lack any named characters in AoS other than the shadespire bray shaman character. Their generic hero's are some of the weakest and the book desperately needs new warscrolls. Perhaps they could bring morghur back in some form or a named beastlord.

I would be positively stoked if BoC got Ghosteater as a model. His story arc in Black Pyramid was so compelling.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Svalack said:

Beasts of chaos lack any named characters in AoS other than the shadespire bray shaman character. Their generic hero's are some of the weakest and the book desperately needs new warscrolls. Perhaps they could bring morghur back in some form or a named beastlord.

I'd love for every Faction to recieve a named character model. 

2 hours ago, Greybeard86 said:

Where the heck is the white dwarf anyway? Few armies as iconic as the proud dawi, but they've been replaced with clowns and "greedy" slayers... grrrrr

I like both the Dwarf factions.  Fire Dwarfs riding Magmadroths and Steampunk Air Ships are athestically awesome.

BUT, I will always yearn for the more traditional Dwarves.  Please GW give us the retro equivalent of Lumineth!  With less Cow and more Golems. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I like both the Dwarf factions.  Fire Dwarfs riding Magmadroths and Steampunk Air Ships are athestically awesome.

BUT, I will always yearn for the more traditional Dwarves.  Please GW give us the retro equivalent of Lumineth!  With less Cow and more Golems. 

* grumbling *

I do like fire dwarves, but I am not sure they are enough to make a faction (super low unit variety); slayers were fine as a colorful addition to dawi armies. The steampunk isn't for me. That said, give it a couple hundred years and it might grow on me.

In any case, please do give us some more "classic" dawi action.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Greybeard86 said:

Where the heck is the white dwarf anyway? Few armies as iconic as the proud dawi, but they've been replaced with clowns and "greedy" slayers... grrrrr

This coming spring, Orion will be returining (tm); except that it will be called Ouryionn or Avatar of Kurnoth.

I really hope we see some new dwarfs soon - I love my Kharadron but I'd be stoked to see them take classic dwarfs and bring them into a new fresh design. The plastic Hammerers and Iron Breakers are so good, the Kharadron sculpts and Gotrek show how good they an do dwarfs in plastic, it would be great to see them surging back and retaking their homelands. 

I'd also love to see the Kurnothi appear- I have a  small war band of them and just think they look fantastic. Maybe as an expansion/faction with Sylvaneth [who I've never quite liked for some reason]. I think Kurnoth returning could fit in quite well with Broken Realms.  Cometo think of it the return of Valaya would fit nicely too..fingers crossed .. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

I really hope we see some new dwarfs soon - I love my Kharadron but I'd be stoked to see them take classic dwarfs and bring them into a new fresh design. The plastic Hammerers and Iron Breakers are so good, the Kharadron sculpts and Gotrek show how good they an do dwarfs in plastic, it would be great to see them surging back and retaking their homelands. 

I'd also love to see the Kurnothi appear- I have a  small war band of them and just think they look fantastic. Maybe as an expansion/faction with Sylvaneth [who I've never quite liked for some reason]. I think Kurnoth returning could fit in quite well with Broken Realms.  Cometo think of it the return of Valaya would fit nicely too..fingers crossed .. 

A man/woman of taste :)

I do not love most sylvaneth sculpts, tbh. I was thrilled when they released Skaeth's wild hunt, since they took the direction I had always preferred: satyr / centaur. I loved Orion, to the point that  I recently bought the "classic" metal one (the 2nd, which IMO is the superior one). An army of "hybrids" like Orion would be an insta buy from me.

And them, changing gears completely, I do love my dawi. I have some of the old classic metal sculpts to paint after my current project, can't wait.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

A man/woman of taste :)

I do not love most sylvaneth sculpts, tbh. I was thrilled when they released Skaeth's wild hunt, since they took the direction I had always preferred: satyr / centaur. I loved Orion, to the point that  I recently bought the "classic" metal one (the 2nd, which IMO is the superior one). An army of "hybrids" like Orion would be an insta buy from me.

And them, changing gears completely, I do love my dawi. I have some of the old classic metal sculpts to paint after my current project, can't wait.

Yeah an Orion styled force looks so good. I converted 2 more centaurs and  even that makes a fantastic looking dynamic  force and very tempted to buy the old Orion model - a new centre piece version of him in plastic would be amazing. I wonder if they might do Minotaur sized versions as shock troops . Really hope  we see some more of them soon. 

I still have my classic dwarf army - some brilliant sculpts but I'd love to see some new "High Dwarfs" .

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

*Cries in Dawi Zharr*

We do not speak of our fallen kin...

• Like 3

Unpopular opinion* but I don't want regular dwarves. 

I love the AoS take on dwarves. Give us more steampunk stunties and please, please give us more Fyreslayers. 

Someone said it best eariler in the thread, it's great AoS isn't the standard fantasy setting of the eldar races dying and mankind becoming dominant. 

So let's have some more non standard fantasy troopes. 

Even the Lumineth are fairly boring compared to the other elves. 

You could have regular arrogant elves or have half snake elves or blind elves with no souls with live in the deep or ancient elves who's souls have merged with trees. 

Give us chaos dwarves or dwarves who've gone fully mechanical. 

*I fully realise I've probably just been entered into many book of grudges but I aint scared of no stunties! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

Lumineth are a bit "boring" perhaps because right now they are less than a quarter of a faction; same for many of the other new armies that are very small in model diversity. 

Personally I think I'd like to keep the steam punk Khadorans and the Magma/fire dwarfs AND have some traditional dwarves. There's no reason AoS can't let us have all three versions of dwarves within the game. 

Heck when you look at sculpts for Daughters of Khaine there's quite a lot of quite traditional elements going on with a greek theme. The Underworld Warband has some really classic pin-up/cover style poses for the models (eg the queen); meanwhile they've got medusa and succubus models (Melusai and Khinerai) which very standard concepts. Then there's shadow blending assassins and warlock riders and morathi - even within that one faction the traditional elements are well suited to AoS

What drive me insane about Lumineth is see stuff like Chaos Warriors and Gloomspite gitz, that are just remakes of older stuff and think about the wasted potential of new High Elves.

Say what you will but the High Elves aestethic was unique to warhammer and now it is just gone.  It would be fine if the older models had been absorved by Cities of Sigmar (lorewise they were Hallowheart forces) and Lumineth be its own thing.

As it is, Lumineth are considered boring by those that want something new and too Alien by those that just want a remake.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

What drive me insane about Lumineth is see stuff like Chaos Warriors and Gloomspite gitz, that are just remakes of older stuff and think about the wasted potential of new High Elves.

Say what you will but the High Elves aestethic was unique to warhammer and now it is just gone.  It would be fine if the older models had been absorved by Cities of Sigmar (lorewise they were Hallowheart forces) and Lumineth be its own thing.

As it is, Lumineth are considered boring by those that want something new and too Alien by those that just want a remake.

Nail on head right there. Imagine if the stoneguard had instead been remade swordmasters with the traditional peaked helmets instead of giant cow faces stuck on top. Imagine how many thousands of boxes would have been sold? It's like redoing chaos warriors but they all have liberator helmets. It's just not the same. The riders and the wardens are solid but the old peaked helms of the high elves will be forever missed. 

• Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Seeing how popular is city of sigmar in tournaments and how it have double players than fyreslayers per example it is obvious that the people prefer old fantasy models to the weird and"ugly" aos armys.

Myself started to play to aos with cheap stormcasts,then i started a fyreslayer army and when citys was released i stoped all my aos armys and only focused on city because fantasy models are so much more beautifull than these weird aos models and moreover have a decent price tag and not the rip off that are aos new models.

Btw i have 1600 stormcast,700 fyreslayers and 3000 citys points even when i started citys the last by some years lol

Karl franz-phoenyx-hurricanum-black dragon etc all around 45-50€ but similar models of aos as magmadroth,maw krusha,alarielle etc are 90-120€.......even if someone se aos models as beautifull(hard to me) it is tastes what are personal but the price dont lie and for me it is a big factor so i never gonna buy a aos model when i can buy 3 same models of citys with that money

• Confused 3

Prefer is a very strong word @Doko. Don't forget:

1) Cities combines several armies worth of models into one. So right from the outset any population with legacy players of Old World or even early AoS days; it has a bigger number of potential players from that alone. So I'd expect it to have more fans than single armies in general.

2) Competitive games can be different to regular in popularity. Sometimes an army might feature very well at the competitive scene, but is comparatively only average in turn out at clubs. 

3) Fyreslayers have a downside in limited range of model options. So visually they have less diversity and that can turn some away. Heck myself even though I've liked Tyranids for years I didn't like the first wave of Genestealer Cults. It wasn't that they were bad models, they just didn't work all that well visually, esp when the other half of the army was all proper military units from the Imperial Guard. Second wave Cults models though doubled down on the asthetics; increased the diversity of models and moved the IG allied elements to a minor inclusion instead of major. Basically the army visually came together and its far more interesting now than it was. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Doko said:

Seeing how popular is city of sigmar in tournaments and how it have double players than fyreslayers per example it is obvious that the people prefer old fantasy models to the weird and"ugly" aos armys.

Myself started to play to aos with cheap stormcasts,then i started a fyreslayer army and when citys was released i stoped all my aos armys and only focused on city because fantasy models are so much more beautifull than these weird aos models and moreover have a decent price tag and not the rip off that are aos new models.

Btw i have 1600 stormcast,700 fyreslayers and 3000 citys points even when i started citys the last by some years lol

Karl franz-phoenyx-hurricanum-black dragon etc all around 45-50€ but similar models of aos as magmadroth,maw krusha,alarielle etc are 90-120€.......even if someone se aos models as beautifull(hard to me) it is tastes what are personal but the price dont lie and for me it is a big factor so i never gonna buy a aos model when i can buy 3 same models of citys with that money

100% cities is still the best selling aos army just look at gws own bestseller selling fast page every single time freeguild units will be present and yet we still dont have a single new model release.  I guess when we do they will all be 120 pounds per unit lol so i guess careful what we wish for right :)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

i think selling fast just mean that they are prioritizing manufacturing and they are not making new boxes of those models because of COVID

Bestseller is a bit sketchy on what they put on that page but the Freeguild model where never on that page just for a clarification.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Svalack said:

I would buy a Orion model in a heartbeat!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

The ending makes me wonder about destruction and necromancy... perhaps some repricutions from the necroquake. 

i think it just describing the Bonesplitterz turning process, if an Orruk get in a good scrap (win or Lose) they are driven  in WAAAAGH! energy and it forever changes them

• Like 2