The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Speaking of one-off heroes: 

what is the stance towards those heroes of you guys and girls?

I for one like them, yet I‘d prefer units of 10/20 new models to be added instead :)

I'd prefer units added. Especially to smaller Factions such as Fyreslayers or updates to units such as Skaven. Though if it means every single Faction receives a new model I'd love to have a mix.

• Like 1

i think both type are welcome at this point since most army (outside SCE) haven't gotten much of an update past their initial battletome release

one-off heroes for armies that still have a bunch of resin heroes or not many separate heroes to begin with (Bonesplitterz, Maw tribes, BoC, LoN, Seraphon, and Skaven)

I would like if they start releasing  more midsize mounted heroes like the Chaos lord on Karkadrak or Endrinriger with dirigible suit since that is a design space that could be used more in AoS. stuff like Megaboss on Goregrunta, Frostlord on Mournfang, new Oldblood on Cold one, New scuttleboss, Clawlord on rat ogre, Lumineath horse lord, Slaanesh chaos lord on bigger helltriders just to name a few.

any army can use new  released unit in general but definitely for the smaller ranges like Ironjawz Fyreslayer, FEC, and Slaanesh

• Like 7

I think part of it is that with the way aos rules are it ends up being easier to add a hero to an army than a new unit.

A new hero can have a command ability or spell that makes an army better or makes an unpopular unit choice more viable.

A new unit has to work with existing army synergies and try to fill a roll that isn't already covered. If Idoneth got a new unit my first question would be if they were mathematically better than Morsarr guard.

• Like 1

Cowfish do need more love. They got a cool look already.

But likely it'll be the wind temple. The fox spirits and their swift followers through Hysh's deserts got just a bit more attention than the river temple with it's water breathing aelves or zenith temples with their followers that turn incorporeal. (Though with Deepkin allies maybe river would be closer to fit their alliance?)

46 minutes ago, novakai said:

Endrinriger with dirigible suit

You were probably just using it as a random example but heads up to anyone else that missed it that they and the other hero from the Aether Wars are on the store now as separate heroes.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Endrinmaster-with-Dirigible-Suit-2020

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Cowfish do need more love. They got a cool look already.

But likely it'll be the wind temple. The fox spirits and their swift followers through Hysh's deserts got just a bit more attention than the river temple with it's water breathing aelves or zenith temples with their followers that turn incorporeal. (Though with Deepkin allies maybe river would be closer to fit their alliance?)

You were probably just using it as a random example but heads up to anyone else that missed it that they and the other hero from the Aether Wars are on the store now as separate heroes.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Endrinmaster-with-Dirigible-Suit-2020

Unfortunately I doubt we will se a new temple in core AOS as Lumineth have just come out, could be a few years as they’d need a new codex for all the new units 

Oh yeah, we probably won't see the new sub-faction until 2 or more years down the line with a new tome to depict the events that happened past the Soul Wars, if they're winning back their lands in the realm of light and introduce us to the new add-on forces to the Alarith.

At best we can hope for another Kurnothi warband surprise for river or wind temples. (Which seeing the increasing Ghur focus we'll probably get their battletome before Lumineth get one)

Edited by Baron Klatz

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Speaking of one-off heroes: 

what is the stance towards those heroes of you guys and girls?

I for one like them, yet I‘d prefer units of 10/20 new models to be added instead :)

It depends, some factions need the former, some the latter. Pending complete review of some warscrolls, Idoneth would enjoy a new Namarti melee hero to strengthen the Namarti, but would be amazing, to copy Vince Venturella's idea, a unit of elite crabs/crab-men/crab-something, slow but resilient.

Nighthaunt definitely don't need new units and I would argue I would even remove some heroes (make the Spirit Torment a unit of 3 with Chainghasts, 3 wounds each, make the Cairn Wraith and Tomb Banshee heroes but not leaders, etc.).
Daughters of Khaine with a Melusai hero is spot on, so we can only hope they get them all right lol
Flesh-Eater don't need a new hero, maybe a unit? Stormcast have everything, so anything would be redundant 😀
In general I would agree, units better than heroes, but depends on the army...

Edited by alghero81
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

It depends, some factions need the former, some the latter. Pending complete review of some warscrolls, Idoneth would enjoy a new Namarti melee hero to strengthen the Namarti, but would be amazing, to copy Vince Venturella's idea, a unit of elite crabs/crab-men/crab-something, slow but resilient.

Nighthaunt definitely don't need new units and I would argue I would even remove some heroes (make the Spirit Torment a unit of 3 with Chainghasts, 3 wounds each, make the Cairn Wraith and Tomb Banshee heroes but not leaders, etc.).
Daughters of Khaine with a Melusai hero is spot on, so we can only hope they get them all right lol
Flesh-Eater don't need a new hero, maybe a unit? Stormcast have everything, so anything would be redundant 😀
In general I would agree, units better than heroes, but depends on the army...

Cities would like a horse-mounted general with a movement friendly bonus, and really, a hero option for Ironweld in a flyer. Sisters of the Thorn, Wild Riders and Dark Riders could also use a general with similar speed and a relevant bonus. A warscroll akin to the deceased Excelsior Warpriest with healing that can affect everything in your army would also be quite nice.

Cities has enough units, but they miss heroes.

Edited by zilberfrid

8 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Cities would like a horse-mounted general with a movement friendly bonus, and really, a hero option for Ironweld in a flyer. Sisters of the Thorn, Wild Riders and Dark Riders could also use a general with similar speed and a relevant bonus. A warscroll akin to the deceased Excelsior Warpriest with healing that can affect everything in your army would also be quite nice.

Cities has enough units, but they miss heroes.

Yeah or a general on demi-gryph, really good example anyway, no need for units in Cities. Even if I would like slowly all old sets to be replaced and expanded.

Assuming the Broken Realms books do work their way through all the factions there's a chance at least 1 or 2 might get some extra units instead of just a new hero,  if you look at the Psychic Awakening releases they tied at least 2 into slightly bigger releases, plus with Underworlds and Warcry there's slightly more options for AoS to get related releases (or at least releases around the same time as the books come out).

we know for sure that over the next 6 weeks DoK is getting 1 new hero and 1 Warcry unit, Slaanesh a new hero and a WHU unit (with hero) and Lumineth a WHU unit (with hero), whilst some of these might not be explicitly tied to the Morathi book they are coming out around its release.

Phoenix Rising

Aeldari
Jain Zar (H)
Howling Banshees (U)

Drukhari
Drazhar (H)
Icubi (U)

Faith & Fury

Chaos Space Marines
CSM Sorcerer (H)

Blood of Baal

Blood Angels
Primaris Mephiston (H)

Ritual of the Damned

Darks Angels
Master Lazarus (H)

The Greater Good

Tau
Commander Shadowsun (H)

Saga of the Beast

Orks
Ghazghkull (H)

Space Wolves
Ragnar Blackmane (H)

Engine War

Ad Mech
Serberys Raiders/Sulphurhounds (U)
Pteraxii (U)
Arcaeopter (U)

War of the Spider

Emperor's Children (sort of)
Fabius Bile (H)

Pariah

Sisters of Battle
Ephrael Stern & Kyganil (H)

Imperium
Inquisitor Draxus (H)

Necrons
Illuminor Szaeras (H)

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/14/who-are-the-sons-of-behemat/

Article is definitely hinting at future models for the Sons of Behemat!!

That sounds a bit optimistic, I don't see anything there that isn't reflected in the current range. Not to say further models are impossible down the line in a few years but nothing's jumping out from this article.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

New Map of Ghurish Heartlands.

o3ESPFIPXfp3heYM.jpg

one of the cool conceptual descriptions of Ghur was that everything in the realm (including continents) are predators. I love how it looks like they all have jaws, and as per the lore blurb, you can see what eating a continent looks like. On the right side of the map above Andtor, is a place called Carcass Donse, it is described that Donse used to be another continent but is being consumed  by Thondia, which is described as an Apex predator among the other continents. 

Love this.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

That sounds a bit optimistic, I don't see anything there that isn't reflected in the current range. Not to say further models are impossible down the line in a few years but nothing's jumping out from this article.

Oh I'm not expecting anything for 2-3 years untill they get a 3.0 BT and at that I'd say it would be another multi option kit. King Brodd/Leader/Shaman potentially.

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

A NEW MAP !!!

Love it. Mentions of Fangathrak, Ymnog, Mawpaths, Moudlerpit, and EXCELSIS itself ! 

It just lacks the crawling city of Slugol ;) 

Shu'gohl. It probably wandered somewhere else. But the forest of Gorch is not here.

Broken Realms wishful thinking time! This would probably a great deal more than we will get, but that is what wishful thinking is about after all. If we follow the psychic awakening format and amount of books:

Morathi

DoK
Snake lady hero

Slaanesh
Pointy shoes dude hero

Nagash

LoN

Soulblight general

Soulblight court guards

Bloodknights

Fyreslayers
Magmadroth youngblood riders

Allarielle

Sylvaneth
Revenant Bee riders (yeesssss plbzzz)

Revenant archers

Mawtribes
Butcher

Gorgers

Archaon - Stars and Tribes

StD
New Chaos marauders

Real kits for the Start collect warriors, knights and Karkadrak

Seraphon
New Kroxigors

Kroxigor hero

Sigmar

Cities of Sigmar
Freeguild general on warhorse

Freeguild knights

Nighthaunt
Reaper lord hero (Mourngul size monster hero)

Tyrion

Lumineth
Tyrion

Anything but cow hat aelves

Maggotkin
Carcass trebuchet

The Carrion king - Chivalry is dead

Flesh Eaters
The Carrion king!

New ghoul kit

Bonereapers
Mortek arbalests