The Rumour Thread

I see the supply drop boxes already sold out in GW EU.

I was tempted to buy one for Underworlds but then i remembered that the 50% off is for the standard Games Workshop retail prices.

I bought most of my Underwords products from retailers at 20% so the 50% off Games Workshop prices for random products doesn't sound very appealing.

It will be interesting to see what these boxes come supplied with though :)

3 hours ago, 123lac said:

These loot boxes are $220 AUD each.

I'm frankly astounded anyone would want to pay that much for a lucky dip of what is probably old stock that isn't selling well.

I mean, most of us have a pile of shame already...

Yeah same here. On the german GW page the boxes sold out instant.

First i was also thinking about getting some UW-box, cause i havent bought the most of beastgrave stuff (but maybe there are 90% Season 1 and 2 stuff?). 
Then i saw it is only in english language (i don't like to mix the languages in 'one game') and while i was bickering .... 

aaaaand it's gone!

22 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Good for you! That's cheating.  If you want options, get more toys. :)

Cheating who? GW? I can't recall any warnings on the box that people are not allowed to make any physical modifications to the miniatures they bought. If magnetizing is cheating, so is kitbashing or any kind of conversion including bases made from other products than those sold by GW.

So far I didn't have to magnetise anything but never thought it was unfair to anyone. If at all, I'd rather think GW is cheating us forcing to buy several copies of the same product to have more options.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, WarbossKurgan said:

Happy to be wrong! So happy!

Those are looking nice. Seeing as my Ardboyz are converted from the current BB orcs, looks like i'll be able to expand the unit with these. 

Also will be interested to see the "Trained Troll" miniature.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

Cheating who? GW? I can't recall any warnings on the box that people are not allowed to make any physical modifications to the miniatures they bought. If magnetizing is cheating, so is kitbashing or any kind of conversion including bases made from other products than those sold by GW.

So far I didn't have to magnetise anything but never thought it was unfair to anyone. If at all, I'd rather think GW is cheating us forcing to buy several copies of the same product to have more options.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

You um, you did see the smiley, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FFS, well it looks like I really am going to have to start playing* Blood Bowl now aren't I and also I'll clearly need at least two of this team, one for BB and one to proxy into my Gloomspite army.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/06/waaagh-ere-come-da-black-orcs/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=BB&utm_content=BBOrcs06Aug20

*or at least buying the models and thinking about playing

Qv5g9BBxuBb8KjkM.jpg

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 5

Am I the only seeing Blood Bowl as a detractor from something new in AoS? 😂 

I know that Lumineth and SoB are coming soon but part of me was hoping in some more love towards AoS this fall and schedule seems already packed. I guess I just need to learn to be patient...

8 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I know that Lumineth and SoB are coming soon but part of me was hoping in some more love towards AoS this fall and schedule seems already packed. I guess I just need to learn to be patient...

I felt the same when I first started out in the hobby, then I realized I could convert the blood bowl figures into "new"  versions of already existing models plus fill holes in my collection of discontinued lines. My tomb kings really benefitted from The Shambling Undead box 😁.

Edited by TheR00zle

Man that Varag Ghoul-Chewer is such a step up from the resin one. And those gobbos are exceptional! BB is the go-to game for brilliant goblin/small greenskin sculpts.

4 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I mean... it's Blood Bowl. If it was just for more space marines, sure, that'd be a pain, but it's hard to be too mad at a game which was underserved for so long and survived two decades in the wilderness, so to speak, only through the passion of long time fans.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Honestly I'm just happy for the Blood Bowl players, we've been months without releases but how long had it been for the BB guys? Years? They deserve this and hey at least it's not more Space Marines :)

Though yes I would love for the Lumineth and Sons to release first pretty please!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not saying Blood Bowl should have not happened, it’s just I’m starved of new things for AoS!

Those leaks are a bit weird, I mean they do look like almost to be on purpose. Anyway usually leaks are getting ready before other stuff so let's see if they can still surprise us with some AoS stuff because I’m starting to be afraid Lumineth and SoB are all we are getting this year. And yes I’ve been spoiled with all books last year, but I was hoping to see at least which direction will be taken before AoS 3.0

6 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Not saying Blood Bowl should have not happened, it’s just I’m starved of new things for AoS!

Those leaks are a bit weird, I mean they do look like almost to be on purpose. Anyway usually leaks are getting ready before other stuff so let's see if they can still surprise us with some AoS stuff because I’m starting to be afraid Lumineth and SoB are all we are getting this year. And yes I’ve been spoiled with all books last year, but I was hoping to see at least which direction will be taken before AoS 3.0

I'm starting to think that for mainline AOS the rest of the Lumineth and the Sons will be all we get. Both of these were supposed to be out by June evidenced by the GHB. That leaves 6 months open for AOS, but now with Lumineth in September a full 5 months after original release and the Sons who knows when after it would seem the rest of whatever was planned for this year has probably been delayed.

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm starting to think that for mainline AOS the rest of the Lumineth and the Sons will be all we get. Both of these were supposed to be out by June evidenced by the GHB. That leaves 6 months open for AOS, but now with Lumineth in September a full 5 months after original release and the Sons who knows when after it would seem the rest of whatever was planned for this year has probably been delayed.

By the same token. They might still do lumineth September. Giants oktober in a Max two week release as its only one kit. 
that would leave room for a double battletome release like last year with ogors and OBR.