The Rumour Thread

16 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

even if they are not making "GW levels" of money.

It would be more accurate to say that there was an edition and a half of support that wasn't well received by the fanbase. That led to a drop off in sales, to the point where it was not profitable enough for GW.

I hear you, but really all that matters from GW's perspective is that a game makes "GW levels" of money. Right? 

I mean, sure, there is Kings of War basically doing their take on the format, but (all due respect to them) they are hardly crushing it, and I believe they are the top rank 'n flank game out there are the moment.

In other words, if the best r 'n f game out there is still not doing GW level biz, I'm not sure that would encourage GW to re-enter that market.

Maybe I'll be surprised. If so, great! Tomb Kings live again!

I would just rather they get on the board again in a format that does enough biz for GW to keep it around. Plus, I really want to field 100+ chariots, 10 colossi, and 1000 spear skeletons, and that's not happening at 32mm scale.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

It seems I am not alone in the camp of people that like The Old World (and AoS), but actually want epic scale.

In fact, one of my biggest GW regrets is that I came back to the hobby just after Warmaster was gone.

In my opinion, Warmaster was both a horrible rules system and the scale was too big, but yes, in a general sense, you have friends out there who want Epic Warhammer. :)

Teclis gets 4 auto-casts of a 10. (660 pts)

The Stone Guard has a 3+ armor and ignores rend -1 and rend -2. (100 pts/5)

https://spikeybits.com/2020/05/teclis-lumineth-realm-lord-rules-teasers-spotted.html

image.jpeg.2e1f69e750487da266ed3542e1790035.jpeg

image.jpeg.081a175906bf3b41b23e56c4c6ab846b.jpeg

image.jpeg.3c9f28921ecbbac0012024ccf2f760cb.jpeg

I am not a fan of the combination of High Power + Low Costs that these images show us

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Oh GW...

They don't learn it and we as players keep going on with that dumb powercreep instead of stop buying.

Yes, it's to early... But it is pretty obvious that there is a lot off in this new release ruleswise. So sad...

I especially dislike the autocast of Teclis.  Unfun...

Edited by rosa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Powercreep is what intractable players call the thing that makes them have to learn new tactics, adjust to new threats, and overall become better players when all they really want to do is field their same tired old units and expect to win 90% of their games.

🙄

Edited by Sleboda
wrong word (auto correct issue)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Powercreep is what intractable players call the thing that makes them have to learn new tactics, adjust to new threats, and overall become better players when all they really want to do is the their same tired old units and expect to win 90% of their games.

🙄

I don’t know if powercreep is the right word, since not all new battletomes/armies are stronger than the older. But it can’t be denied that there is some obvious variance in the relative power of different armies. What I don’t understand is that the more experienced players seem to be able to spot these differences at one glance, and the developers obviously don’t. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Powercreep is what intractable players call the thing that makes them have to learn new tactics, adjust to new threats, and overall become better players when all they really want to do is the their same tired old units and expect to win 90% of their games.

🙄

That definition is wrong by 100%.

power creep is the increase of powerlevel as byproduct (or intended) of the addition of new rules to a game.

Ofc you have to adapt, yet there‘s a significant difference between adaptation and simply being handicapped by an unequal level of overall power.

I don‘t mind mild power creep, James Workshop however managed to spike very high concerning his power creep. At such a rate it‘s harmful to the game.

It is too early to say anything specific about the power level, yet what I see makes me think that this army will be an too good Allrounder and too point efficient - just as I said before S2D were released in full that the faction lacks damage output and that OBR are unfun to play against. Some aspects of the power level can be examined early on.

imo GW should try to achieve the same powerlevel with all factions yet using different and creative rules. Yet they just include new  (or more powerful) rules and see how those turn out...

yet we shall see how this turns out.
[\Spoiler]
any news on the big guys?

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

power creep is the increase of powerlevel as byproduct (or intended) of the addition of new rules to a game.

Ofc you have to adapt, yet there‘s a significant difference between adaptation and simply being handicapped by an unequal level of overall power.

I don‘t mind mild power creep, James Workshop however managed to spike very high concerning his power creep. At such a rate it‘s harmful to the game.

It is too early to say anything specific about the power level, yet what I see makes me think that this army will be an too good Allrounder and too point efficient - just as I said before S2D were released in full that the faction lacks damage output and that OBR are unfun to play against. Some aspects of the power level can be examined early on.

imo GW should try to achieve the same powerlevel with all factions yet using different and creative rules. Yet they just include new  (or more powerful) rules and see how those turn out...

Any news on the big guys?

Edited by JackStreicher

7 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

So maybe Big Bois next week? Would love to get on past the blown out Lumineth.

I dont think Sons of Behemat will be releasing untill sometime in July.

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:
  Hide contents

Nothing yet, I cannot wait to start hearing more about the Sons. I doubt it will truly happen until after the Lumineth release though. We may get a Warhammer Community article or two but nothing major. Seeing as how the Lumineth were supposed to be released by now I dont see them coming until late May-mid June. Meaning the Sons probably wont release till July at the earliest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

The Stone Guard has a 3+ armor and ignores rend -1 and rend -2. (100 pts/5)

I read that the second bonus of -1 rend (to -2) is from Ymmetrica. Seems to be a batallion or Sub-faction.  of course, that's still ar rumor, so better wait for the whole picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I read that the second bonus of -1 rend (to -2) is from Ymmetrica. Seems to be a batallion or Sub-faction.  of course, that's still ar rumor, so better wait for the whole picture.

From the screenshot of the Army list there wasn't a Battalion posted so I don't think it'll be that, it might be an Aetherquartz abilitiy that comes as part of the Faction rules...Remember when they announced the hammerers they said they would be "very hard to shift in mountain stance" or something similar.

8 minutes ago, Arentius said:

From the screenshot of the Army list there wasn't a Battalion posted so I don't think it'll be that, it might be an Aetherquartz abilitiy that comes as part of the Faction rules...Remember when they announced the hammerers they said they would be "very hard to shift in mountain stance" or something similar.

Yeah, but I wasn't talking about "their" ability, I was talking to the second bonus that upgrades to -2 rend.

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I’m looking at my poor Liberator.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4