The Rumour Thread

They're both full on gods.

"

Age of Myth

Tyrion and Teclis awoke from a long enchanted slumber in the realm of Hysh. The two brothers understood without knowing how that Hysh was theirs to shape as well as to protect and serve. Tyrion and Teclis searched the realm for their people, the aelves, but found no sign of them. In time the two encountered Sigmar and learned that aelves were unknown in the realms outside the city of Azyrheim. The two aelven deities agreed to join Sigmar's pantheon."

They both have multiple accounts of followers  (usually human & aelf) and have been talked about in the pantheon.

Just now, Chaos Shepard said:

If Teclis represents the moon, what exactly is the moon in the mortal realms. If I recall correctly night and day in the mortal realms are triggered by the rotations of Hysh and Ulgu. Is the moon the light of Hysh that shines along the edge of Ulgu while Ulgu is technically in front. Is the moon an aspect of Ulgu, that little bit of light that in the dark. Is it its own separate entity that reflects the light of Hysh while Ulgu is in effect, I mean the "Bad Moon" is its own entity.

You overthought it but points for effort. xD

Every realm has it's own celestial bodies created from the expanding realm edges so you'll find just as many suns and moons in Aqshy as you would in Ghur (though acting differently like Aqshy moons that get close to the surface and pull things into the atmosphere and Ghur suns that run randomly through the skies like animals).

Teclis' moon imagery  is in reference to his former goddess Lileath and will likely be an aspect of his worship with Hysh's moons. We'll have to see where that goes and what sub-factions come out of it.

Edited by Baron Klatz

44 minutes ago, Chaos Shepard said:

If Teclis represents the moon, what exactly is the moon in the mortal realms. If I recall correctly night and day in the mortal realms are triggered by the rotations of Hysh and Ulgu. Is the moon the light of Hysh that shines along the edge of Ulgu while Ulgu is technically in front. Is the moon an aspect of Ulgu, that little bit of light that in the dark. Is it its own separate entity that reflects the light of Hysh while Ulgu is in effect, I mean the "Bad Moon" is its own entity.

Hysh is definitely the symbol for Sun, but not much information regarding the moon

I really hope there will be explanation in the Light Elves battetomes

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

If there was any apparent physical flaw (from his viewpoint at least), for example, hairlessness and eyelessness, Teclis certainly would not accept them.

It is more likely to be some hidden flaw he did not discover at first

Holy ****** as a balding guy with glasses this hits home. F you Teclis! You're not the boss of me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well...they're both Gods of light. Moon for Teclis and Sun for Tyrion. They had that symbolism already in the Old World:

- character wise as Tyrion is more warm and at ease in the Phoenix King court and Teclis more reclusive studying and caring (humans)

- in design with Teclis being chosen of Lileath (and all the moon you can put on him as  clothes and jewels) and the Sunfang for Tyrion

Also Teclis created the Idoneth....Moon..Sea..connexion 😃...(I'm maybe reading a bit too much into it but I like the idea..) It's just turning this thematic to eleven like AoS already do in my mind  and it's not a bad thing.

Teclis also can be 'another' moon god, sharing that with the Bad Moon, like there is many death deities (but in the end...all is Nagash !).

Edited by Harioch
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Holy ****** as a balding guy with glasses this hits home. F you Teclis! You're not the boss of me

Easy there, baldness in a certain percentage of population in exchange for purity of spirit would be a good outcome. Remember that Teclis during his mortal years was considered a cripple and was in essence an outcast, how much he remembers or carries weight now is unknown to me.

Edited by Tiger

3 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Tyrion is the god of nothing hbo have stolen the rights to the name from GW he will no longer feature in lore or cannon of AOS moving forward. Sorry to break this to you guys but its true. 

Alright, this is a new one from you I'll give you that. How will you explain Tyrion featured heavily in lore long after GoT became a mainstream thing (him being one of the main characters of the End Times? Being repeatedly mentioned in basically any AoS supplement? Being a playable and popular character in Total War?) ; )

• Like 1

I said it multiple times but if Tyrion would came out with its own Aelf faction that would be the n-th grudge against duardins heavily outnumbered faction wise 😂😂😂

In saying so no mention of Tyrion does not mean he may not be part of this Hysh Aelves but makes it highly unlikely at least in this phase. Maybe a wave-2?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Icegoat isn't all that clear on how a lot of things work. He's just here to sow negativity.

Best to ignore him.

Can we ban him? He provides nothing for discussion and I personally come to this site because it's not like bols or dakka and I dont think anyone spoils the atmosphere like this guy does consistently. 

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Easy there, baldness in a certain percentage of population in exchange for purity of spirit would be a good outcome. Remember that Teclis during his mortal years was considered a cripple and was in essence an outcast, how much he remembers or carries weight now is unknown to me.

Baldness is represented by 85% of the GW range as well. Ranging from Space Marines to Idoneth to various cultists.

So if purity means to embrace the four armed emperor? I cannot say you are wrong.

Being a bloodthirsty Khorne Berserker? Questionable.

Stealing souls of the living? The only thing pure in spirit is the essence they steal.

Like those artists that cannot draw hands, I am starting to believe a large fraction of GW's sculptors can't sculpt proper hair XD.

• Like 1

Can we ban him? He provides nothing for discussion and I personally come to this site because it's not like bols or dakka and I dont think anyone spoils the atmosphere like this guy does consistently. 

I don't know, maybe TGA needs that weird spiky idiot who reminds us all how much worse it could be if we don't come together in spite of our differences...?

Edited by Kirjava13
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

I just hope the next release is a cities of sigmar army led by Tyrion featuring goat cavalry of a winter theme. 

With city of sigmar Ogryns and converted Skaven and Seraphon underlings and all of it organized by the great horned rat and we have everything any AOS player could wish for.

37 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Teclis and tyrion have been ubiquitous twins through out AOS suddenly the new tome is coming out and tyrion isn't even mentioned by name. Hbo swung the axe and tyrion is gonejyst like marvel killed malekith. 

I heard it different, I heard GW are running with the popularity of GoT combined with another IP inspired by Tyrion and Teclis:

image.png.3bb190468fbc290bf80ba1e5dbc982cf.png

My source says GW is making Tyrion the Devito one (ofc) and Teclis will be about double the size a la Arnie. Because Hysh is the realm of light, the sunglasses make perfect sense. Plus Tyrion is blind so double logic right there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1