The Rumour Thread

It's what they've done for 40K in some releases - so I'd expect it for AoS too. GW just doesn't like to say what's coming up unless its on "Their" terms as such.

Still we should get some interesting previews in the new year. We've got the new Warcry beasts and monsters to come for Warcry and Slaves to Darkness; we've also got two Battletomes falling out of stock which heralds a nice opening selection of potential new Tomes to start the year off and that's about it. There's still several models from this year that are not yet sold on their own and the new warriors/knights multipart kits to get on sale. So there's a fair few things certain to appear in teh early months and a few things that would be nice to see happen. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see those hero models from box sets that aren't available on their own yet put into new start collecting boxes.  

I'm really hoping for multipart chaos warriors and knights kits, but I wouldn't plan around it. Wishing I'd picked up that std battleforce when I could. I'm already missing the old start collecting! 😄

Just now, sandlemad said:

All along, no one noticed the glaring absense of a giant robot faction in AoS. Zombie-shipwreck mecha with repeating cannons for hands could fill that void.

The resurgence of the Agloraxi would do it too. A fire wizard magocracy that during the Age of Myth had armies of golems and giant automatons they forged in Aqshy's furnaces along with the other big weapons we seen since the Firestorm campaign like the Prismakon Lens that focuses enough heat energy to fry continents.

Massive lava Golems being AoS' version of imperial knights would be pretty sweet. Though since Wraithfleet showed up at the same time I wouldn't mind a haunted ship "mech" possessed by ghost pirates either. :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, skeen77 said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see those hero models from box sets that aren't available on their own yet put into new start collecting boxes.  

I'm really hoping for multipart chaos warriors and knights kits, but I wouldn't plan around it. Wishing I'd picked up that std battleforce when I could. I'm already missing the old start collecting! 😄

If I remember correctly there was a leak of the premium rewards for the mortal realms magazine thingy , one of which included the abhorrent archregent.

Otherwise I think it would be pretty cool to have battle box halves turn into start collecting sets.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 7:03 PM, HollowHills said:

I think it's a superficial similarity on the leg. The leg on the Necrofex Colossus looks like a crows nest from a ship but turned upside down, the one from the rumour engine looks much more like stone or metal. Plus there is little to no lore set up for Vampire Coast in AoS, normally with big new armies you get lore hints quite a long time in advance. 

I could be totally wrong, but that's my view.

Well Ossiarchs in itself got little preview before the first teaser. And even after, the lore was retrospectively added.

22 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

If I remember correctly there was a leak of the premium rewards for the mortal realms magazine thingy , one of which included the abhorrent archregent.

Otherwise I think it would be pretty cool to have battle box halves turn into start collecting sets.

That would be weird with all the other stuff being  Nighthaunt. 

Not to ruin everyone's dreams,even because is my hope too but as you can see in the 3D model below the leg is similar but totally dfferent.

One seems made of rock,the other one is made of wood.

mk8jXEb.jpg

robin-benes-robin-benes-vampirecoast-colossus-hipoly-00.jpg

Edited by Noit

3 hours ago, Charleston said:

That Vampire Colossus thing would fit the vampire coast and also the giant rumour at the same time

nope, the imperial Knight Giants behemoth wotsit doodahs with fleeing peasant garnish will have a pulse... no fleeing peasant would be seen dead with a dead giant...

... because quite frankly ...he'd have no reason to flee.... if the peasant was dead...

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Confused 1

On 12/19/2019 at 7:57 PM, Double Misfire said:

Re: the lack of multipart Chaos Warriors and Knights: the new Chaos Lord Warscroll has a flail option not available on any miniature in addition to the regular glaive  and sword. Almost like we should expect a second wave at some point the forseeable...?

Guardian of Souls for Nighthaunt. Only available model is the one from the AoS starter set, yet there are 2 weapon profiles. Only way to get the other weapon profile is with the OOP special anniversary model. So just because a model has multiple options not available in the new kit, isn't reason to believe that further releases will happen.

Looking at Shadowspear, the warriors got a separate box, but everything else got re-released as a new SC set, with the same ETB style monopose sculpts. The ways the sprues have been divided with the new slaves SC set, means that the knights, warriors and new lord can all be released separately, but using exactly the same sprues.

Personally I think it's a real shame, as it makes converting and kitbashing practically impossible, without damaging or destroying too much of the models to make it worth while. I love the new detail on the new kits, but the lack of options to customise the models is I think a real oversight on GW's part. The new ****** bois kits are great, they can be customised to a decent level, that even a complete amateur can make each model look a bit different to the next. But that the only new release kits that I know of recently, that offer a nice level of customisation. I can see the warriors and the knights getting separate releases, but I can't see new molds being done.

19 hours ago, Noit said:

Not to ruin everyone's dreams,even because is my hope too but as you can see in the 3D model below the leg is similar but totally dfferent.

One seems made of rock,the other one is made of wood.

mk8jXEb.jpg

robin-benes-robin-benes-vampirecoast-colossus-hipoly-00.jpg

Might seem legit and would be a awesome move by GW to incorporate the Pirate coast units into AoS (Arch enemies of the IdK?)

• Like 1

Do we know why Scions of the Flame haven’t been revealed, or why they’re not in the book. It makes me hopeful that there might be something else coming along with them, maybe some more monsters, warcry expansion terrain etc. Would be odd, and inconsistent to just have a lone warband being released when their battletome has just dropped.

2 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

What I'm saying is, we've seen every model that's coming for STD now, apart from the last Warcry warband. 

All of a sudden I get this thought that we might see a new Warcry starter previewed in the next couple of days. Containing the last two warbands and monsters instead of Furies and angry birds.

• Like 1