The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Funnily all Ogor players I know are skinny and underweight. Odd.

And then we have the opposite, I'm a skeletons player and am overweight. :D 
(also a Slaanesh player which arguably fits me being a lazy ass that rather enjoys life to its fullest than doing anything else way more)

On 11/4/2019 at 5:04 PM, Kirjava13 said:
2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Well, what kind of person do you think I am from a single post where I simply say that overt political correctness is bad for all of us? Your reply implies that you might assume too much and then I could be terribly offended, beware!

While I might agree, we are not gonna turn this into a political debate. Just because you say something and take it as fact it doesn't neccesarily make it true.

2 hours ago, Aryann said:

Nah. We are all probably murderers in real life because we enjoy killing our mniature soldiers with rolling dice.

I love killing minis. 😎

5 minutes ago, MaatithoftheBrand said:

So the new llama-cat sphinx the spelling of which escapes me - do we think that's going to be a hero choice for Slaves or a Behemoth or what? Seems a bit of an outlier compared to the leader-y Ogroid and dumb-brute Formorian

Making it a hero would be weird right? 😅

Behemoth if anything is my bet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaatithoftheBrand said:

So the new llama-cat sphinx the spelling of which escapes me - do we think that's going to be a hero choice for Slaves or a Behemoth or what? Seems a bit of an outlier compared to the leader-y Ogroid and dumb-brute Formorian

On Warhammer Weekly they mentioned the Mindstealer Sphiranx would be a leader/champion but I'm not sure if they meant that for Warcry or AoS. It's basically a sphinx so it would kinda make sense to make it a hero or leader.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Horseburner said:

While I might agree, we are not gonna turn this into a political debate. Just because you say something and take it as fact it doesn't neccesarily make it true.

I love killing minis. 😎

I'll gladly stop but from what I've read the Fimir were always just a very minor thing in Warhammer because of their tasteless background... and that sucks. They deserved more. Like I said, I hate PC stuff with passion and think it's bad to change things that are supposed to be horrible to not be too edgy but since I don't care about that piece of fluff, I'd also be happy if they turned them into something else. I'd just love plastic minis... Okay, I'm done - sorry if the topic offended someone, it was not my intention. My intention was to get plastic Fimir minis.

• Thanks 1

Ok before we get too far down the rabbit hole lets leave the lore and history of the Fimir to one side. Most factions have had huge lore changes in AoS so lets not dredge up the past in a subject area which, even in a grimdark game, can prove to be contentious/painful to some. We've all got our limit points lets just accept that and move on. 

"Thanks for getting in touch regarding the Tamurkhan the Maggot Lord and Fimir models.

I am sorry to say these have been removed from the web store and discontinued from the Forge World product range.

For now, we have no information on them returning to the range but what we do know is that it is very rare that once an item has been discontinued that it will be brought back into our range at least in its original form as we once knew it.

We do forward on product requests to our design team to show what level of interest a retired product has and on rare occasions, we may see a model return due to popular demand.

I will forward on another tally for the product you are wanting

Thank you again and sorry for any inconvenience."

I've also had the same message from FW regarding the Fimir and Maggot Lord. Note I've highlighted a VERY important part of this email. I would also add that the second, and likely most powerful, message you can send to FW about what is popular is by buying models not talking about buying them. IF FW see sales on a model then when the mould gets old and near death then if there's a clear market interest its far more likely they will renew it or replace it. If they see slow sales and that the mould has basically gathered dust then its far less likely, no matter how much chatter interest there is, that the model will return to service. 

I would say that GW doesn't "help" matters as they don't as often advertise FW models in a casual sense (eg in army lists on twitch and such); however YOU can do a lot to help out by buying, painting, building, writing articles, fielding them in battles. In the end FW is a very boutique end of the market that's already niche. I think in some part if WE want it we've got to show that we want it through purchasing. Basically if we don't buy we don't get. 

Of course only buy if you want too. I would not like to give the impression that I'm encouraging/forcing people to buy models that they do not wish to own. In the end if we show GW that we really want and will buy FW models then FW has more chance of staying and producing more for us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it's worth remembering that generally the reason things from Forge World go on last chance to buy is because people haven't been buying them.  The decision to stop selling something is made at a business level.  The company I work for is exactly the same, if we have a product range that's taking up shelf space and sold just a handful of units in the past year it will be got rid of in some form or another to make way for something that stands a chance of selling - quite literally a product needs to turn a certain amount of profit to justify it's existence in a warehouse.

Don't get me wrong, it's really sad to see products be pulled - I really fancied painting up Tamurkhan one day.  But as I didn't buy one, I ultimately contributed to him now being on last chance to buy.

However, it probably is worth bringing this back onto the subject of rumours 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know though, GW hasn't really used Last Chance to buy tab that often anymore, majority of discontinued stuff lately seem to just disappear from the webstore without warning.

simply put, I think they don't want to bother selling the remaining inventory and rather just get rid of it all in one go.

5 minutes ago, PaniuBraniu said:

What was so offending/unsettling/Pincorrect in the Fimirs' lore?

Basically in WFHB, I think female Fimir are sterile so how they reproduce is raid human villages and take human women and use them to reproduce 

Edited by smartazjb0y

28 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I think it's worth remembering that generally the reason things from Forge World go on last chance to buy is because people haven't been buying them.  The decision to stop selling something is made at a business level.  The company I work for is exactly the same, if we have a product range that's taking up shelf space and sold just a handful of units in the past year it will be got rid of in some form or another to make way for something that stands a chance of selling - quite literally a product needs to turn a certain amount of profit to justify it's existence in a warehouse.

Don't get me wrong, it's really sad to see products be pulled - I really fancied painting up Tamurkhan one day.  But as I didn't buy one, I ultimately contributed to him now being on last chance to buy.

However, it probably is worth bringing this back onto the subject of rumours 😉

Yea, but that logic doesn’t really fit the model market, right? Few people will buy into an army consisting of only a few models and/or which is deemed likely to disappear sooner rather than later. So a half-hearted publication more often than not becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/07/know-your-mortarchsgw-homepage-post-3/

Article on the mortarch's it's more or less a summary but one part caught my interest. 

Katakros has sharpened his mind into a sophisticated and dangerous weapon, only sullying himself with violence when absolutely necessary. Most recently, he has turned his eyes upon the forces of Chaos, spearheading an assault upon the Eightpoints itself. 

• Like 1

Lore wise its quite a major turning point when you consider that up until now most of the Mortal Realm armies have gone from either falling apart to just holding their own - then got a massive spearhead help from the Stormcast at the start of the Realm Wars; but still mostly were following in the stormcast wake. Sure they will have pushed their own advances, but mostly to retake or secure their holdings. This is the first time we'll see a major offensive into a Chaos Corrupted realm that isn't spearheaded by Stormcast. 

Even if it fails its still a major military achievement by the standards of the Realms. Furthermore it might actually endear more forces to consider alliances with Nagash. Nagash has some nasty plans but if you're not near the Ossiarchs (who are mostly consigned to the realm of death) and if you're not all that worried about Nagash's plan since most of his won't happen for generation upon generation; then alliances could be beneficial; especially if those Stormcast just swept through your kingdom killing everyone who had so much as a tiny mutation or just looked at them funny. If anything the almost robotic style of the Ossiarchs might even be preferable to some over the more emotional and unstable Stormcast. Even if you know that death will try and cheat you at least you know where you stand. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

This is the first time we'll see a major offensive into a Chaos Corrupted realm that isn't spearheaded by Stormcast. 

Hell, this will be the first time we've seen a story arch that isn't Stormcast vs someone. It feels like GW is acknowledging that not everyone has a massive, raging, hard-on for Sigmar.

17 minutes ago, Overread said:

Lore wise its quite a major turning point when you consider that up until now most of the Mortal Realm armies have gone from either falling apart to just holding their own - then got a massive spearhead help from the Stormcast at the start of the Realm Wars; but still mostly were following in the stormcast wake. Sure they will have pushed their own advances, but mostly to retake or secure their holdings. This is the first time we'll see a major offensive into a Chaos Corrupted realm that isn't spearheaded by Stormcast. 

Even if it fails its still a major military achievement by the standards of the Realms. Furthermore it might actually endear more forces to consider alliances with Nagash. Nagash has some nasty plans but if you're not near the Ossiarchs (who are mostly consigned to the realm of death) and if you're not all that worried about Nagash's plan since most of his won't happen for generation upon generation; then alliances could be beneficial; especially if those Stormcast just swept through your kingdom killing everyone who had so much as a tiny mutation or just looked at them funny. If anything the almost robotic style of the Ossiarchs might even be preferable to some over the more emotional and unstable Stormcast. Even if you know that death will try and cheat you at least you know where you stand. 

Actually Ironjaws dislodged chaos from their own Allgate?(can't remember the name) the story was pretty great. They left it open so more enemies can come through so they can fight them, but there are no more fortifications I think. Been ages since I read that story. This is kinda why I largely prefer AOS lore, each faction largely has their time in the sun. 

Edited by shinros
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Forrix said:

Hell, this will be the first time we've seen a story arch that isn't Stormcast vs someone. It feels like GW is acknowledging that not everyone has a massive, raging, hard-on for Sigmar.

Honestly barring the opening of AoS I think GW has actually done a lot to make stormcast not the only thing in the game. Granted they got a fantastic and massive line up of models and will remain the poster-child of the game. But at the same time they've produced quite a lot of books and short stories that have characters which aren't stormcast (heck in some they don't even appear and in Warqueen they actually LOSE a fight). I think that whilst GW likes marines as they are, they are also open to the fact that marines as a marketing system can backfire - marines want xenos to fight not just fight more identical marine armies. Same for Age of Sigmar. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MitGas said:

Neither do I but people are terribly butt-hurt these days. I could ramble on for a long, long time how this isn't good for society as a whole but this forum's management is also overtly sensitive (and it's too off-topic anyways) so I'll refrain from it. But let's just say that conflict - especially if no real harm is done as in heated discussions - is a mighty tool for personal growth and it's sad that anything slightly aggravating gets simply taken out to make things meet the lowest common denominator. Nobody loved something because of it being the lowest common denominator (this is especially true for 40k - I mean that whole oppressive empire thing... it's not ideal either and changing it would kill the setting). So yeah, they could stay as raping creatures for all I care. Truth be told, I don't even care for that aspect much, I just like their design. Blame HeroQuest. :) But despite me not caring too much about their background, I wouldn't want it changed for PC (political correctness) reasons either. PC is a cancer to society.

Whoops, now I ranted. Sorry.

Couldn't agree more to be honest. It's pretty silly to have an issue with the Fimir lore. 

I mean what do you think those slaaneshi beastmen are going to do when they beat Daughter's of Khaine? Do you think chaos mauraders draw the line at indescriminate murder? "Oh yes I will torment you and kill you in the name of the dark gods, but don't worry I won't touch you in the bad place". 

GW need to get over their squeemishness about anything vaguely sexual. 

That said I doubt the removal of the FW stuff has anything to do with their lore. They'd been selling the models for years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 hours ago, Forrix said:

My impression is when AoS began - indeed, probably the whole reason AoS even came into existence - is because GW thought that they could make lighting strike twice (pun not intended) with Space Marines. That's why we ended up with a year or two of largely Stormcast, and the lore itself almost exclusively talking about Stormcast, and how everybody wished they were Stormcast or wishing they could fight Stormcast.

Whilst they're definitely popular, the most popular army in the game even, it's apparent you're a lot more likely to bump into another army 'out in the wild' than you are Space Marines, where it's a 70/30 chance of a random opponent using some form of loyal power armour. I'm really glad GW seems to be rolling with that acknowledgement of other armies existing, rather than pulling the 40k team's trick of "NO, YOU NEED MORE MARINES! THESE ARE THE ELITER ELITIST BEST EVER MARINES, BUY MORE OF THEM PLEASE!"

It's nice getting excited to see what's coming next in a preview - be that models or books - without having to temper my expectations because "Well there's at least a 50% chance it's going to be loyalist Marines, so I should just ready myself for disappointment." Plus, Warriors of Chaos were the closest thing to a 'most popular army' in WHFB and with the overwhelmingly positive reaction to the new Slaves to Darkness kits I think GW might actually have solid cause to keep up that trend.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4