The Rumour Thread

I have primed Chaos Warriors up next in my painting queue and am delighted that they will mix in a cohesive way with the new range. (As long as any scale creep is not too dramatic!) Looking forward to painting all these new Chaos models and getting my hands on the book (and Warscroll cards) too!

P.S. I LOVE that Giraffe cat thing too!!! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if that new SC set ends up being the highest selling SC GW has ever made. First of all, it's packed with cool models and all of them are brand new (making people buy these boxes in bulk), secondly, every khorne, tzeentch, slaanesh and nurgle players (especially tzeentch and slaanesh) may want this set to add as part of their army and on top of that, those who want pure StD armies are gonna spam this box. It's also very nice spammable box. I'm personally already planning on getting two for my tzeentch army (don't care for pure std).

I also want that cool cat. I don't care if it can't be used by tzeentch directly, I'll squeeze it as ally or convert it.

6 hours ago, VBS said:

Seems like unanimous praise for the new models. I think this shows the potential of simply updating awesome old miniatures with the latest technology instead of going full crazy weird concepts that are much more polarizing, for a reason. Also, I bet it was much easier to make as it's basically revamping models, rather than design from the ground.

Yea. GW have shown that they can make whole new concepts from the ground-up, but also resist the temptation to re-invent the wheel when they feel an older concept has a viable following.

So GW, about those Blood Knights...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyriakin said:

Yea. GW have shown that they can make whole new concepts from the ground-up, but also resist the temptation to re-invent the wheel when they feel an older concept has a viable following.

So GW, about those Blood Knights...

Or Freeguild crossbowmen...

I like these, especially the minotaur. It pushes me to get a Silver Tower set now Thammy gets a brother.

Edited by zilberfrid

8 hours ago, Alexonian said:

wow they announced a start collecting immediately?  that's a welcome change

From the  leaked release list, there’s only the Start Collecting, none of them are coming separately (yet at least). 

I think they’ll probably be monopose like Shadowspear and the Sisters box.

Great to see so many happy faces :) . Looks like the long waiting has been rewarded with an awesome army, with so much variety to choose from. Everchosen, the warcry warbands (with still one to be revealed), new Chaos Beasts etc,  and now these new warriors, and a SC with only new models included, I would be over the moon if I played Chaos. I am actually tempted to start an army, if it wasn't for the huge pile of plastic that is already bigger than my house can store and my mariage can bear ;) I wonder how long the Godsworn Warband will last now. The only ones that might be still be a bit disapointed are the ones that hoped for a full Darkoath faction, but I guess  no one really expected that one anymore anyway.

I guess this reveal pretty much concludes what we can expect this year. Only thing left from the leaked list (which I think no one doubt anymore it is completely correct) is the StD Endless Spells. I also see some Azyrite Terrain, but I guess that will be the warcry terrain from the starterset sold seperately, right?

The new Warcry Beasts doesn't seem to be for this year, nor is the revealed WHU warband, or the two remaining Warcry warbands.  Question that remains is the sudden price increase for the (warcry) warbands released with the BattleTome. That seems to be rather extreme, even for GW. On the other hand just adding more or even new content wouldn't be fair to the people that already invested. in the current sets. Anyway, we will find out soon enough.

Personally I think this has been a great year for AOS. No less than 12 new BT, and for what I understand all of them improvements.  A full new army (OBR), a major release (GloomGitz), a fair amount of great new models for both Slaanesh and StD, even more if you include the warcry warbands, new Heroes for Skaven, Mawtribe, FEC and Sylvaneth. Gotrek and 2 SC for CoS, Endlessspells, faction terrain, Forbidden Power, WarCry, and some great new terrain kits (Dominion of Sigmar.) And maybe not 100% AOS, but still usable, new edition of WHU, various Warbands and of course  Contrast Paints, which may not be revolutionary but definatly a great new tool and timesaver for many of us. 

I think it is very good that GW focussed on consilidating the factions, and having proper 2.0 rules for every existing model. I think it is not realistic to expect a relatively complex game like AOS to be ever completely balanced, but I think things definatly improved with the new Tomes.  At least they try.  CoS i.e. Some people may not be happy with the fact this is a soup Tome, but at least all these small factions without a proper BT, now finally  can be played competatively. And similar to i.e. LoN it opens up the opportunity for GW to extend subfaction into a full new army anytime in the future. Also the weakest of all 2.0 factions (I think), Night Haunt, got access to a more competative option via LoG, maybe not top Tier, but at least much better.  With just a few BT for an update left, I think we have a great time ahead of us, with new armies, major updates etc. Especially once the new production plant will be ready at some point.  

On the negative side. Well I think removal of so many kits long before CoS was eventually released, and without proper communication,  was Rock Bottom. I can see why people were really upset about it. Also the various Dual boxes selling out way to quick was a bit of a bummer, especially as the included new heroes are still not available seperately. Oh and of course the price increases didn't make any of us happy either.  Other than that, I really think we have not much to complaint about. Even for people who think SCE get generally to much attention, can't complain as  although they were not completely neglected, there weren't that many new models for them this year either.  

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 8

GW hit hard. I didn't want to start new army. And then, comes the feat of bones: Bam! started 2 new armies. And now...a SC! to mix to my old chaos army which now has to be finished (more plastic! need archaon  and varanguards). Even if you have to "finish/refresh" your existing army, it is another 80€ of SC! + 32€ of BT + 30€ of ES + probably a scenery/terrain? => 140€ or more. Just to refresh an army. lol.

But don't read me wrong: I'm soooooooo happy it just happen.😍

1 hour ago, Beastmaster said:

This actually gives me high hopes for new replacements for lots of old models next year. All while maintaining the traditional basic design. Yeah! 😀

Yea, there's still some drek around...:

Blood Knights, Saurus Knights, Centigors, Icefall Yhetees, Frost Sabres, Vargulf, Fell Bats, Salamander, Razordon, Night Runners, Gutter Runners, Gorgers, Zombies, Dire Wolves, etc.

I guess Furies are technically sorted now, while I left Marauders off the list due to the 437849274 barbarian options that are available now (although that terrible kit does still technically exist). For me, some of the other Finecast is just about acceptable (e.g. most of the Ogres), if not ideal.

They are slowly whittling down the list, but still some way to go.

On 8/13/2019 at 4:30 AM, sorokyl said:

works for me, it's from /tg/, so take with a big grain of salt, but it is not too outlandish:

Gutbusters+BCR 1 faction - HAD ALREADY BEEN CONFIRMED BY A GW STAFFER AT AN EVENT (IIRC)
all resin dropped - ZERO RESIN KITS DROPPED
new Butcher + Tyrant models - NO NEW BUTCHER, AND TYRANT HAD ALREADY BEEN REVEALED IN LATE-JULY
Butcher with cauldron gone - NOPE...
Cauldron is now terrain piece - YES, BUT PREVIOUS CAULDRON STILL REMAINS
Endless spells are big mouth in ground,  everwinter thing, floating piece of meat - NOPE... NOPE... NOPE...
release late october w/ new death - YES, BUT "FEAST OF BONES" HAD MADE THIS KINDA OBVIOUS IMHO

New skeletons, some  horse archers, some ogre skeletons - KINDA... NOPE... NOPE...

Tzeentch final chaos tome for the year - NOPE... WRONG GUESS... IT'S STD...

Can we take a minute to acknowledge the worthlessness of this "rumour" back in August.

Everything was plausible, but they got nearly every 50-50 call wrong, lol.

I remember someone saying at the time that it was 4Chan trying to make up some Ogor rumours, and see if they gained traction within the community (i.e. make them as believable as possible).

Edited by Kyriakin

9 hours ago, Austin said:

I'm sorry what? Do you know something new, or did I miss another rumor?

there's more to come, and some of them large.

and if the latest mawtribes book is anything to go by the kitbash opportunities are endless, after all, all races fall to chaos at some point.

Now... the fomoroid crusher.... big guy with the potential to throw rocks, or bits of that scenery piece he's got in his hand... what if there was a unit of two or three in a box of something like him, or of comparable size?

On another note...

Did we pick up on the snippet in the chaos lord on big thing description:

Lastly, we’ve got a monster-mounted (and massive) Chaos Lord. This huge model (seriously, he’s big) is a dark mirror to the Lord Celestant on Dracoth and a truly terrifying combatant, ideal for spearheading your assaults on the pathetic kingdoms of the Storm God…

did someone not pick up a couple of weeks a go that one of the Cities of Big Trousers units has Azyr as a keyword or something?

Does this mean that Archaon is taking the fight to the gates of Azyr? 😲

• Like 4