The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, JPjr said:

These heads are still 'alive' in death, the rotting remains of proud princes of Shyish who refused to kneel and are now hanging from a totem/standard/chariot/cart belonging to the Deadwalker legions, cursed to cry fell warnings and morbid prophecies to the enemies of the Great Necromancer until crows finally eat their traitorous tongues and peck their eyeballs from their rotting skulls.

Great. This description is so good that now if it's something else I will be dissapointed

I do think it's a darkoath/everchosen rumor engine. Though undead would work really well too.

I don't think its destruction because I don't feel they'd really make the distinction to carry trophies of kings since they live to just smash up anything and everything, human kings wouldn't mean much to them unless they were good fights.

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Another Rumour Engine.

RumourEngine-Jul9-Image2ooc.jpg

Given the design of the crowns, this is clearly an AoS one. I'm thinking Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen due to the specific theme of noble heads being taken, as well as the hook aesthetic fitting Chaos more than say... Soulblight. Ogres are a possibility, but I don't think they'd be picky on who they take and 'save' heads from, noble or peasant. 

I see only 2 possibilities suitable for this "complete wild guess" thread:

1) The head on the right looks to have a gemstone which set beside the long flowing beard of the hair on the left is reminiscent of the flowing mane of a horse with a gemstone bridle - High Elves rework?

2) This is a tomb kings model, 2 kings who are mates who carry their heads around with them on one keyring.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

Probably Chaos related but alternatively...

Noses rotted away, cheeks hollowed out, eye sockets like pits of despair but also the eyes and mouths give a sense of animus and never ending horror...

These heads are still 'alive' in death, the rotting remains of proud princes of Shyish who refused to bend the knee and now hang from a totem/standard/chariot/cart belonging to the Deadwalker legions, cursed to cry fell warnings and morbid prophecies to the enemies of the Great Necromancer until crows finally eat their traitorous tongues and peck their eyeballs from their rotting skulls.

Isn't this somewhat of a Death equivalent to the same destiny, which Volkmar faced in Warhammer Fantasy? You even mentioned the standard. 😉 

During the Storm of Chaos, Be'lakor followed in Archaon's wake as he marched upon Middenheim. Leading a vast horde of Daemons, he paused on the battlefield where Archaon had killed Volkmar, who had earlier attempted to end the Everchosen's threat. Sensing a means to assert his superiority over Archaon, Be'lakor drew forth his most ancient magics and dragged the Grand Theogonist's soul back into his body. Returned from death, Volkmar was chained to Be'lakor's battle standard, where the priest's screams would unnerve the enemies of Chaos.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Be'lakor

Belakors_Standarte.JPG

Edited by Infeston
  • Like 2

@Infeston ha didn’t know that, my Warhammer progression is essentially...

2nd ed., 3rd ed. ———————> AoS 2

So a few ‘lore’ gaps I’m slowly filling in but it’s a fairly hoary, though enjoyable, fantasy/horror/folklore/myth trope so I’d never claim originality there.

Just off the top of my head I can think of similar examples from Norse, Greek, Anglo-Saxon and Celtic mythology, in fact it’s a well I’ve already drawn from when I created a ridiculously and unnecessarily convoluted backstory for my first little AoS  warband led by a necromancer who, in an admittedly less epic and world ending scenario, pulled the same trick on the mayor of his town who pissed him off.

Edited by JPjr
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Another Rumour Engine.

RumourEngine-Jul9-Image2ooc.jpgOgres are a possibility, but I don't think they'd be picky on who they take and 'save' heads from, noble or peasant. 

Have you met greasus goldtooth? ;)  

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

We also have only fairly slight Ogor/Gutbuster lore in AoS at present, it is possible that they might change the angle of the fluff to make them more likely to take trophies from toppled kings and the like, or perhaps some sort of unique character with a specific crown-taking quirk, I could see either way and the hooks do match several of the current ogor models (Though, I mean, there's only so many ways to sculpt a meathook, I suppose.)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Warcry is the flavour of the month. Have they done a warband from Shyish?

Not yet if they are planning on doing one, so far the warbands they've shown have been from Chamon (Iron Golems), Ghur (Untaimed Beasts), Ghyran (Splintered Fang) and Ulgu (Corvus Cabal)

36 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Warcry is the flavour of the month. Have they done a warband from Shyish?

So far we have Chamon, Ghur, Ghyran, and Ulgu. I’m really looking forward to a Shyish warband. I really like Ghur but the models for that warband seem a little obvious and uninspired.

I agree, but unless they decided not to show one of the icons one of the realms other than Azyr won't be getting one. Which one that will be is up in the air but I would actually rank Shyish pretty high up on the list considering the Necroquake, Nighthaunt and now whatever was released from the stormvault at Lake Lethis giving Nagash a huge boost in power. I am hoping we do see one for Shyish though, Hysh too considering we know next to nothing about it.

The other thing is we've already seen 4 of the six warbands, and may see others soon. It's not like there's a vast pool of unknown Warcry models to create rumor engines for.

The main thing that makes me call Ogors on this one though is the hooks. Lots of figures have heads or skulls tied on with leather straps or spikes, but only Ogors in my experience are festooned with meathooks that look exactly like that.

Edited by madmac

Warcry’s Scariest Warband Revealed!

It’s an eternal question. Just what in the Mortal Realms is more horrifying – the formless, shifting ravages of Chaos, or the inevitable coldness of Death?

At last, we have an answer – BOTH. Meet Shyish’s scariest inhabitants – a Warcry warband that make the Nighthaunt look like a basket of kittens.

These are the Unmade. Like many Warcry warbands, they hail from a specific Mortal Realm – if you hadn’t guessed by the skulls, black robes and general vibe of oppressive, crawling terror, these folks are from Shyish, the Realm of Death.

WarcryUnmade-Jul10-Content1uyjc.jpg

Once upon a time, the Unmade were benevolent philosopher-kings renowned across the Realm of Death for their wisdom and nobility (If you’re a long-time Warhammer lore fan, your “senseless tragic downfall” alarm is probably going off right now.) Desperate to fight back the hordes of undead, the inhabitants of this land (a place known as Tzlid) were driven to worship the Chaos Gods – who promptly rewarded them by turning them into maniacal cultists obsessed with pain and mutilation. Seriously – they’re wearing their own faces as belts.

WarcryUnmade-Jul10-Detail7jhcw.jpg
Pictured: faces, in a place where faces generally have no right to be

The Unmade will make for a deadly Warcry warband for fans of Death and Chaos alike, and are ideal for those of you who can’t get enough grim darkness in your hobby. On a serious note, these models are incredibly interesting for lore fans, giving us an insight into just what the morbid cultures of the Realm of Death might look like – and the kind of impact that the cumulative existential horror of living in the Mortal Realms has on “ordinary” humans…

WarcryUnmade-Jul10-Content2uhx.jpg
WarcryUnmade-Jul10-Content4ijjw.jpg
WarcryUnmade-Jul10-Content3ujew.jpg

We know you guys are hungry for more Warcry news, responding to Archaon’s call with dark rituals, pledges of eternal loyalty and anguished pleas on Facebook. Fear not, servant of Chaos – we’ll have more updates for you on the game of skirmish combat in the Mortal Realms very, very soon! Make sure you don’t miss it – subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates delivered right to your inbox.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2