The Rumour Thread

I really don’t understand why everyone thinks Warcry is going to be delayed. The Sylvaneth delay is very much the exception rather than the rule for gw. Gw have already announced an event on July 20th where they will show off Warcry. 

The marines are the least surprising thing ever especially after the box set in March. I was a actually quite surprised they were not shown off at warhammer fest. With the tease yesterday I would expect them to be the next major release after Warcry, probably in August. 

As for the upcoming battletomes I think we will see something like:

august book and spells. (Bonesplittas?)

september big release (new death?)

october book and spells ( Tzeentch ?)

November big release (Gut Busters?)

December book and spells (Kharadron?)

That would leave Slaves to Darkness, Aelves, free peoples , Seraphon, ironjawz  , dispossessed and beastclaw raiders to come in 2020.

7 books next year would be enough for gw to keep their promise of having every army updated by the end of 2020. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

One of my local game store just confirmed the price increase on Facebook. They say it will take effect on the 8th of July. I'm in Canada, so the increase is not only for the US.

No!! It can't be!! GW said they loved me!!

1 hour ago, Minis by Night said:

One of my local game store just confirmed the price increase on Facebook. They say it will take effect on the 8th of July. I'm in Canada, so the increase is not only for the US.

Didn't the CSM stuff just release? Or is it oIder? I honestly can't believe the nerve it takes to increase the price on items less than six months after they've hit shelves. 

Edited by Blightzkrieg

Always hated that phrase. Class A drugs are not a joking matter...

BTW anyone who has seen the increases, are they just in line with inflation or are we talking actual hikes? Too much can definitely backfire- always remembered the finecast arrival, where they had a steep metal price which had been making their minis increasingly expensive and then added an extra 10% or so on what was agreed to be an inferior product

21 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

On the subject of price increase, they are straight up gouging. Why is the Lord of Change going up $25? Is it solely because new Demons (Keeper of Secrets, GUO) are $140? That's an absolutely ludicrous reason considering those things coming out at $140 were already ludicrous. GW is playing a dangerous game with the pricing of their products. How long until the community as a whole say "Enough is enough, we are not just wallets for you to pillage".

Given the community has said this about every price increase for at least the last 20+ years, I doubt it'll have much effect.

Warhammer is an expensive luxury good, if we don't want to buy more of it we all have existing armies we can play with. I've never seen the oft-predicted mass exodus after a price rise.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

+++ MOD HAT +++

@The_Yellow_Sign & @Sleboda Come on folks, lets keep things pleasant here!

?????????????

What did I do other than point out that someone else was not nice?

Seriously, I get that you, personally and for whatever reason,  don't like some of my posts, but this is completely unreasonable to call me out. Really.

Edit:

I've been told by mods to "think" more (which is, in itself, an insult from the untouchable mods). You know what? I just did. I "thought" about it and it's even more upsetting now. 

I responded to an insult by pointing out that I was insulted.  I did not insult back. I did not use this space to attack.  And yet, a mod (you!) felt a need to take his personal feelings about my other posts to a level where it was ok to castigate me for expressing my feelings about being insulted  by another poster. 

I totally get that this is not a democracy. I do. In fact, I support that. This is a hard-won space created to foster positive interaction. However, you have taken a misinterpretation of a previous post of mine and used it to justify treating me unfairly. That's not positive and is not interactive at all.

I try to follow the rules here. I really do. When I unintentionally run afoul of them I don't get an explanation of why, let alone a message letting me know that I have done so. The other participants seem to enjoy my contributions (as shown by my +2634 rating) and yet when I support GW or defend myself from attackers I'm put down by you. 

Not cool.  Not cool at all.

Super, super disappointing.

Also, please note that this post itself is not using hostile or offensive language. If you are upset by it, maybe look inward.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8
  • LOVE IT! 3

@Sleboda in my experiences of moderating other sites:

1) In general whenever two members have a disagreement in public its likely both can be reprimanded by mods because once two start arguing they both tend to cross the lines in their own way. 

2) Mods sometimes are casually aware of history between two members which can make one-off posts appear more as a continuation of previous arguments rather than just one off comments. Thus point 1 comes back around again. It can also make it very hard for mods to work out "who started it all" especially as often neither person started it all and it just grew into a long running disagreement - which can swing back to both getting told to stop.

3) In general its better to discuss moderation issues in private with either the mod in question or another member of the team or the admin of the site rather than to do it in public. Doing it in public only draws out the drama and takes it in new directions and some sites can be fairly hard on people "arguing against the moderation" in public. It's mostly there to stop endless arguments sprawling all over the place. 

I've no idea about this case - but I'd say talk to the mods/admin in private if you've an issue. You'll often get further with less issues. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Turragor said:

You're all wrong and it couldn't be more obvious, it's some kind of amazing jewelled chest brooch strapped across the glistening, chiselled torso of a 90% nude stormcast eternal. Probably a new semi-nude chamber.

I foresee 3 new kits, a hero the Knight-pectoris together with an elite unit of Nudinators and finally an extra big boy the Handsomator (equivalent to a 40k Knight in size) who might count as a monster in pitched Battle, or have the keyword, but will be far too aesthetically pleasing to ever be called a monster by anyone. 

From a distance, silhouetted, they probably do look like a herd of strong wild horses so I can see the mixup here. 

Looks like the teasers for them have been released already ;)

latest?cb=20170302165528

On a serious note it definitely looks like it could be something mount or monster like. The gem does scream aelf/eldar to me though.

Edited by Lightbox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, alghero81 said:

If we consider all different mentions of unreleased factions  from official GW books (not considering the novels) we have for now: Hysh aelves, Shysh aelves, Grotbag Scuttlers and unnamed automatons/golems existing in Chamon.

They do have a name.  A recent battle tome referred to them as "Cogmen"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

They do have a name.  A recent battle tome referred to them as "Cogmen"

Cogmen as an army or even just a unit would be so unbelievably cool imo, they could do some really interesting stuff with them both aesthetically and mechanically I reckon. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Cogmen as an army or even just a unit would be so unbelievably cool imo, they could do some really interesting stuff with them both aesthetically and mechanically I reckon. 

We are in pure wishlisting here but an army of automatons would be pure delight at least visually with almost infinite combinations of shapes and forms. Starting from the dwarves automatons from Skyrim moving to crazy behemoths munching and devoring everything being carefully to not cross too much in Eshin inventions...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lightbox said:

Looks like the teasers for them have been released already ;)

latest?cb=20170302165528

On a serious note it definitely looks like it could be something mount or monster like. The gem does scream aelf/eldar to me though.

So, are these the original models for the three Custodes from "If the Emperor had a text to speech device"?

55 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

So, are these the original models for the three Custodes from "If the Emperor had a text to speech device"?

Yep they sure are. They are the Pillar Men from the anime Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.

Anyway back to rumours, has there been any info put out (leaked or otherwise) about how warcry will actually play yet? My guess is they'll probably start doing features on it after they've finished with Apocalypse on the community site but boy am I ready for some info other than this is the name of a warband and here are some of the models.

We've heard nothing on Warcry in a while, that said I would guess this is the timeline:

Sunday 7th - sneak peak preview 

We might get some details during this week. 

Saturday 13th - up for pre-order

Almost guaranteed that we'll get loads of details and previews this week

Saturday 20th - up for sale at GW event. Full details on that release, possible hints as to some future releases might be forthcoming. 
Note on this day I'm also expecting to see some more previews for the next wave of AoS releases since once Warcry is out we basically have everything GW has previewed. This might include release details on Sylvanath if their stuff has broken out of the trade deadlock. 

Post release details and further followup articles.

• Like 2

Are the upcoming price increase that have leaked affect only North America? It appears to be the case but would like to know if I need to rush an order before monday or if it can wait since I ll mostly buy from a uk retailer

Just compiling the factions without an army or potential areas for GW to expand based on lore hints I’ve come up with:

- Darkoath (probably going to be fused with Slaves to Darkness) 

- Grotbag Scuttlers 

- Cogmen 

- New Death based around the freed ally of Nagash 

- Grugni’s new secret Dwarven project being forged in Chamon

- Individual Aelf factions for Tyrion, Teclis and Malerion. 

Thats a lot of room for expansion in the future. 

• Like 3