The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, EMMachine said:

Hm, it looks like it doesn't work that well yet in case of meeting engagements.

All units except Behemoth are pushed into spearhead (even when taking double size units) and Behemoths are put into the mainforce automaticly.

Once you add a unit, you have a small menu on the bottom left to choose which group it goes to.

Well, I think the actual thing many players(such as me) want is balance. From my opinion, unbalance will create unpleasant experience in any kind of play(it is not just a problem for match play), unless you add a lot house rules. For example, if you don't add house rule to restrict the deadly FEC dragon, I don't think it will be less devastating in open play or narrative play. 

Edited by HammerOfSigmar
  • Like 2

so it has been about 7 weeks since they told us the Sylvaneth stuff had been held up "for a while".  I can't find any new articles or information about delayed imports from China to UK.  Maybe because I am in the US. But if there is an actual issue between the two countries, we should be able to verify / see the status of that outside of what GW tells us correct? Obviously we can't track the containers carrying the battletomes, but at least we should be able to find out "was this really a thing? Is it still going on? What else is affected?"

Just seems a bit odd... 

• Like 1

We have a Sylvaneth battletome truther! We should demand to see GW’s longform import documents, or publish a YouTube video on how cog-fort fuel can’t burn wyldwood trees etc etc.

Seriously though, as far as I’m aware there’s nothing to explicitly say it’s China -> UK that’s causing the problems. (Though of course could well be)

I’m not exactly sure of their global logistics because, well frankly I don’t really care, but I would guess there’s every chance they ship goods from China bound for countries like the US or Aus direct rather than to Nottingham to be blessed and then onwards.

Also, of course, things may have been delivered but now they need a suitable schedule gap to slot the release into, rather than just chucking it out there.

Edited by JPjr
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

so it has been about 7 weeks since they told us the Sylvaneth stuff had been held up "for a while".  I can't find any new articles or information about delayed imports from China to UK.  Maybe because I am in the US. But if there is an actual issue between the two countries, we should be able to verify / see the status of that outside of what GW tells us correct? Obviously we can't track the containers carrying the battletomes, but at least we should be able to find out "was this really a thing? Is it still going on? What else is affected?"

Just seems a bit odd... 

The issue may be importing goods made in China into America due to the trade war, and they don't want to release it until they can do so in all countries.  Just surmising.  Or it could be the container washed overboard and they're waiting for replacements.  There are plenty of possibe causes. We really are in the dark and will just have to wait, however frustrating it may be.

17 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

The issue may be importing goods made in China into America due to the trade war, and they don't want to release it until they can do so in all countries.  Just surmising.  Or it could be the container washed overboard and they're waiting for replacements.  There are plenty of possibe causes. We really are in the dark and will just have to wait, however frustrating it may be.

There has been a big spill of containers from a ship near Holland recently. The media did mention toys being in some of them. Could be. ( Just building speculation on speculation here ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well Then I guess you just planned my holidays.

just need to grab my diving equipment 

From the newsarticle on what it contains:

Het blijft onduidelijk wat er precies in de 342 containers zat die begin dit jaar overboord sloegen van de MSC Zoe. Rijkswaterstaat heeft na lang aandringen van Omrop Fryslân en RTV Noord wel de ladinglijst van het schip gepubliceerd, maar daar staan geen details op. Het probleem is dat meer details worden gezien als "bedrijfsinformatie die uit concurrentieoverwegingen niet met de buitenwereld gedeeld moet worden".

Basically translates to: The government decided there was a risk of unfair business competition if they shared the contents of the containers so the company doesn't have to declare it. If you are a mayor in Holland you are allowed to view it apparently.
The ship was called MSC Zoe. But... I thought this happened end of April but apparently it was earlier in the year, it was just the publication of the global contents was in may. 

That should be enough to set the internet dectives on the trail right? Go Gadget Go! ;) 

154856377_ScreenShot2019-06-24at21_22_29.png.2c555a8626d9715b91fcab3be63e9747.png

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Kramer said:

From the newsarticle on what it contains:

Het blijft onduidelijk wat er precies in de 342 containers zat die begin dit jaar overboord sloegen van de MSC Zoe. Rijkswaterstaat heeft na lang aandringen van Omrop Fryslân en RTV Noord wel de ladinglijst van het schip gepubliceerd, maar daar staan geen details op. Het probleem is dat meer details worden gezien als "bedrijfsinformatie die uit concurrentieoverwegingen niet met de buitenwereld gedeeld moet worden".

Basically translates to: The government decided there was a risk of unfair business competition if they shared the contents of the containers so the company doesn't have to declare it. If you are a mayor in Holland you are allowed to view it apparently.
The ship was called MSC Zoe. But... I thought this happened end of April but apparently it was earlier in the year, it was just the publication of the global contents was in may. 

That should be enough to set the internet dectives on the trail right? Go Gadget Go! ;) 

154856377_ScreenShot2019-06-24at21_22_29.png.2c555a8626d9715b91fcab3be63e9747.png

Well I guess then there’s nothing left to do then wait 

A reliable source has told me* that the shipping container has, in fact, been washed overboard. Normally, this would be covered by insurance but GW had ended their coverage plan due to almost never using it and needing the money to develop more Stormcast models. So they've tasked an intern named Todd with retrieving it. Todd was last seen snorkeling near Holland, corroborating Kramer's speculation. It may be some before the battletomes hit the shelf as unfortunately there weren't funds for a wet suit (Hammers of Sigmar are extremely lacking in named characters after all) and the waters are quite cold limiting his search windows. I'll keep you all updated on this story as it develops.

*I just made this up

• Haha 10

The video they released states:
"When one country and another country has a bilateral shipping arrangement, and one of these countries can,  with very little notice, delays the import of goods" 

So it has nothing to do with America (the flow of goods from China to America has not stopped, or slowed, at any point), and I suspect they would not delay the release for any country other than UK or USA (too small of their global market).  It also doesn't sound like the shipment went overboard.

Their explanation points to one country preventing imports (maybe they mispoke and meant exports) to/from another country. If that was true, even for a specific class of goods, It would be public knowledge, something that someone here knew about. 

It sounds to me like GW's explanation was not really accurate then, since no one knows of such a thing. 

A little off topic, but long ago a shipment of lego was washed overboard, and to this day bricks still wash ashore on certain cornish beaches. The best thing is that the lego bricks in question were largely from the Aquaraiders theme, so what you find on the beach are frequently lego octopuses!

so if endless spells start washing up somewhere we'll have evidence for this hypothesis! I'm still kind of hoping it was very confused pirates, but a customs issue seems much more likely....

• Like 1

Honestly I am surprised that we've not had anyone give any further info since unless it was just GW's container that got in issues, one would think a whole shipment getting "stuck" would have had enough ripples for more details to have slipped out into the community. 

• Like 1

The problem is people don't like pre-orders when the delivery date is unknown - they get annoyed. And GW has a general policy of never teasing pre-orders like that. In fact with their no-leaks policies they are very strict about not releasing any info until its 100% cast in iron certain to come to the gamers. 

Basically its not a good PR move for them. Plus we don't know the ins and outs of the situation, the container might be sent back to its destination and GW's stuff might have to be repacked and shipped back; heck it might even get destroyed or such. Plus without full details the legal issue could drag on and on - it could take month upon month to resolve itself. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sorokyl said:

The video they released states:
"When one country and another country has a bilateral shipping arrangement, and one of these countries can,  with very little notice, delays the import of goods" 

So it has nothing to do with America (the flow of goods from China to America has not stopped, or slowed, at any point), and I suspect they would not delay the release for any country other than UK or USA (too small of their global market).  It also doesn't sound like the shipment went overboard.

Their explanation points to one country preventing imports (maybe they mispoke and meant exports) to/from another country. If that was true, even for a specific class of goods, It would be public knowledge, something that someone here knew about. 

It sounds to me like GW's explanation was not really accurate then, since no one knows of such a thing. 

From what I've heard IN GENERAL about this kind of issue (not this one specifically) is that if the Ts aren't crossed and Is aren't dotted on manifests and customs forms aren't perfect this (delays and red tape) will happen.

I had tea shipped from China through Holland and it got delayed in Customs. Eventually, it came to me with a big yellow sticker telling me that the vendor had sent it via the wrong system (that it was liable for customs charges).

The reason GW can't/won't release it is because it's an asset tied-up in legal limbo. Let's say they released it digitally only or with a softback print run in the UK - they'd lose all the money in the hard copies. And without insurance, they have no comeback. So as a business decision the delay is the only viable option (mind you this is why we all take-out insurance)

• Like 1