The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

It is not if in front of you, you got StD+ Archaon promising an EPIC turn 2 turn 3!!! 

While that could be fun for a game or two, these are honestly the sort of things I am hoping this system deliberately prevents.

Kinda disappointed that some armies will not at all be bothered by the choices. Some things to help bring it down would be max of a single behemoth or no behemoth generals. Some leaders feel way too... elite or better suited for a bigger army. Daemons for example would feel weird having a blood thirster or great unclean one when they feel suited for the standard idea of sigmar, where a large battle is happening but that is the most important part of the battle. Maybe have no terrain be allowed, to bring down FeC summoning. Just ideas.

19 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:
38 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

It is not if in front of you, you got StD+ Archaon promising an EPIC turn 2 turn 3!!! 

While that could be fun for a game or two, these are honestly the sort of things I am hoping this system deliberately prevents.

I was just kidding; I truely embrass the spirit of this format. They just should have caped the max unit points to avoid such things (same for summoning which feels a bit unbalanced/game breaking atm for this format)...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

I was just kidding; I truely embrass the spirit of this format. They just should have caped the max unit points to avoid such things (same for summoning which feels a bit unbalanced/game breaking atm for this format)...

I get it, and I agree.  Those builds can certainly be fun for a time or two, but if they did not strictly prevent them or structure the game so that those builds are unlikely to win then they will quickly end up being what a lot of people use.  Thankfully this is just a preview and so we have not seen the full rules yet.  So I have hope that they considered these things and have done something about them.  I find it very hard to believe that the designers did not consider these ideas since they were some of the first things many of us thought of.

However, in my long time playing GW games it has not been a rare occurrence to pick up a newly released book and find a way to break it on the first read-through and so I am not ruling that possibility our here. 

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

Sounds like a cool army, only problem is, you have to split your army into three parts (as you need at least one unit per detachment). 

Yea but the only MUST is 1 line and 1 herlo on core part. The other requeriments are 0 - 2 or 0-1 so I can go 0

3 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Yea but the only MUST is 1 line and 1 herlo on core part. The other requeriments are 0 - 2 or 0-1 so I can go 0

Nah, way I read it you still need at least 1 unit in each element/detachment of your force. the 0 in the requirements is just so you have freedom to choose what they are from all the available options.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, alghero81 said:

... all battletomes from Gloomspite onwards did not receive any point changes... 

It would be profoundly disappointing if there are no changes to the demons in Blades. Bloodthirsters need to be buy-one-get-two -free and Bloodletters should be like 10 points for 50 of them. Man, they need help.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JPjr said:

Nah, way I read it you still need at least 1 unit in each element/detachment of your force. the 0 in the requirements is just so you have freedom to choose what they are from all the available options.

Agreed.  It seems you need a minimum of 4 units in a Meeting Engagement army because you must drop at least 1 unit for each element and the main element must contain 1 battleline and 1 leader.  

7 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

However, in my long time playing GW games it has not been a rare occurrence to pick up a newly released book and find a way to break it on the first read-through and so I am not ruling that possibility our here. 

Agreed as well.  If someone sets out to break the system, I am sure they will find a way to do it.  It does seem upon first read however that more variety in army builds will be encouraged using the system.  The system also seems to reduce the impact of taking battalions without flatout banning them from the format.  

While not exactly what I was expecting, I am quite pleased with the reveal. 

Edited by Equinox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PJetski said:

Maybe we could have a thread dedicated to the new format and keep posting rumours in this one

Thank you kind Sir,

as much as i enjoy list building, weekend activities and 40K in our rumour thread, it is getting out of control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I think the new handbook is shaping up really nicely as a gaming expansion.  Seems to be that GW are trying to bolster the narrative side of things a bit too.

All of the mercenary companies receive a special rules bonus, so the CP "cost" is offset by that rule (e.g. the Skeletons get +1 Attack)

Well the skeletons are also going to be FAR less durable and loose quite a bit of speed without access to gravesites. The latter can be fixed to a degree with the new endless spells though.

Not a rumor but a reasonable conclusion that just popped in my head; we had (more or less) one chaos god per year in the last four years, so should sound good to have generic chaos humans (darkoath) follow the same scheme, no?

First 2 months of 2020.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Not a rumor but a reasonable conclusion that just popped in my head; we had (more or less) one chaos god per year in the last four years, so should sound good to have generic chaos humans (darkoath) follow the same scheme, no?

First 2 months of 2020.

Or the Horned Rat and friends (as the 5th chaos god) makes a larger appearance.

6 minutes ago, Laststand said:

Or the Horned Rat and friends (as the 5th chaos god) makes a larger appearance.

you just got a skaven tome. No new skaven stuff for 2+ years, for sure (they plan the tomes around the minis in the pipe, doesn't make sense to print a tome then release minis)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

you just got a skaven tome. No new skaven stuff for 2+ years, for sure (they plan the tomes around the minis in the pipe, doesn't make sense to print a tome then release minis)

Well we still need 75% of our range updated to plastic miniatures.

So I guess anything is possible😈😈

(although I would be happier if every armie lacking a battletome or their own allegiance (or haven’t been updated the last past years like Uronjaws etc.) would get one as soon as possible)

19 hours ago, PJetski said:

Maybe we could have a thread dedicated to the new format and keep posting rumours in this one

This thread is everything and nothing. It started as rumours of course, but what is has become is so much more. 

I dreamed I was a butterfly and when I awoke, I wondered if I was a butterfly dreaming that I was a rumour thread. 

It's too late to stop it now. The bell has rung. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

GHB 2019 narrative details for myself and the three other people who care:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/12/the-generals-handbook-2019-forging-a-narrativegw-homepage-post-2/

Oh I care! Only two people left to go ;) 

That’s great forgot about the city stuff. I not only am building a ruined city for Skirmish but also have this campaign idea where we start big with a siege, go smaller inside and end up with a skirmish game. (Matching the decline of concentration and speed of playing during a day, inspired by a podcast that I can’t remember the name of)

The arcane objectives might give some nice inspiration but I can’t see myself using them with regular battle plans and then roll. Just like realmscape features it adds so much more to deal with. 

The regiments of renown is great. I currently look at the path to glory rules but this would ease that up immensely for some factions. And great for linked battles. 

Edit: This might actually be the reason to get it hard copy instead of digital. 

Edit 2: oh man the city thing could be amazing with city rules. Vanguard moving in scouting, second wave following up calling in the heavies in the third wave where needed. 😍

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sorokyl said:

To be fair, in 40k they are already rolling out codex 1.5 versions in order to add extra units in a new splash release wave.  That is what they did for Chaos Space Marines.  I would not rule out GW possibly starting to do that in Age of Sigmar once they get all of the armies updated with a book.

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Oh I care! Only two people left to go ;) 

That’s great forgot about the city stuff. I not only am building a ruined city for Skirmish but also have this campaign idea where we start big with a siege, go smaller inside and end up with a skirmish game. (Matching the decline of concentration and speed of playing during a day, inspired by a podcast that I can’t remember the name of)

The arcane objectives might give some nice inspiration but I can’t see myself using them with regular battle plans and then roll. Just like realmscape features it adds so much more to deal with. 

The regiments of renown is great. I currently look at the path to glory rules but this would ease that up immensely for some factions. And great for linked battles. 

Edit: This might actually be the reason to get it hard copy instead of digital. 

Edit 2: oh man the city thing could be amazing with city rules. Vanguard moving in scouting, second wave following up calling in the heavies in the third wave where needed. 😍

The things they mentioned in this article all sound like fun additions to the game.  I am looking forward to trying a number of these out.

• Like 1